Staying cool to avoid power loss

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
You're still seeing a power drop at the end of the day with the EOS manifold?
No I don't the manifold yet - it is on the list but pretty far down since I am not working on building power yet so I just run a JB4 on track - the only engine mods I have right now are a downpipe, full exhaust, intake, heat shield and some catch cans.

Last track day was last month at Autoclub speedway and I started pulling timing at the end of the 3rd and 4th sessions I didn't have any logging but I was down power by a decent amount
Sponsored

OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Sorry to hear that @frankenm and appreciate the feedback…. There seems to be a lot of cheaper options out there to at least try. Like @razorlab, suspension, tires and not overheating will be my top priorities. Unless adding more power, Extreme Power house and a few others have a complete page dedicated to keeping this puppy cool. I’m hoping that’ll be all it takes for track days… But super glad there are further options if not. Muchas gracias @zrk on the EOS manifold advice!

Last edited:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Sorry to hear that @frankenm and appreciate the feedback…. There seems to be a lot of cheaper options out there to at least try. Like @razorlab, suspension, tires and not overheating will be my top priorities. Unless adding more power, Extreme Power house and a few others have a complete page dedicated to keeping this puppy cool. I’m hoping that’ll be all it takes for track days… But super glad there are further options if not. Muchas gracias @zrk on the EOS manifold advice!
If you are keeping it stock power, the cooling system does a great job. I have tracked in 95* and humid, staying out all sessions, all day long and have yet to notice any power loss.

Here is some footage of myself and another Supra owner, both running stock power, 2020 and his is a 2021. We where playing a fun game of lead and follow in the last session. Neither of us have noticed any power loss yet. Your tires go away before that anyway. ;)

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
It was about 95 degrees today. Did multiple pulls during my spirited drive.

Here were my temps while driving on map 2 (740whp / 680wtq)

Screenshot_20220731-164226.jpg

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
@Thraxbert has one, I believe.
I do. It helps. It's not gonna defeat heatsoak in the way an upgraded manifold would, but I'll take all the help I can get when the filter is just chewing down hot air in the engine bay.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Stock'ish power you will be fine. I did a track weekend last month in 90° + temps and had no issues with limp mode. Intake, catted DP and JB4 (but Map 0). There were a few times toward the end of the session it felt a little soft on power at the top of some straights (125+) but it was not dramatic. I never even logged the car -- ignorance is bliss...!

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
How would one go about installing the EOS manifold without adding port injection at the same time? Are there dummy injectors or a blockoff plate that can be installed to plug the injector holes? I assume you can just leave the fuel rail disconnected from the rest of the fuel system. Anything else someone would need to address when installing the manifold by itself to improve cooling?

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Yes, there are dummy injectors. ORB plugs on the fuel rail, dummy injectors, done deal. It's really easy.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Now that I finally have datalogging in the car, here is some data for my intake temps. I drive in advanced class and usually in the top 5 faster street cars lap time wise.

2020MY
Stock Tune
100% stock power hardware down to the paper air filter
9 laps total in this log
Approx 70-74* ambient this session
Full log for people interested in poking around

Full session zoomed out, notice the IAT recovers really well, up and down:

Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 12.56.46 PM.png

Final Lap, zoomed out:

Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 12.57.48 PM.png

Final straight, Final Lap, beginning WOT:

Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 1.04.13 PM.png