Stock 2023 Supra Dyno Numbers

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
who the fuq decides whether or not to buy a car based on insurance premiums? Are you like 16 years old and scraping by?
Insurance companies view driving a car with more horsepower as an increased risk for speeding, in addition to having more expensive parts, which can significantly increase the cost of insurance. I would venture to say that there is a substantial amount of potential buyers who consider that fact, prior to making their purchase. I did, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that my insurance cost for this car was going to be very reasonable.
Sponsored

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
Why would you want to pay more for insurance when there is a loop hole to avoid it.... it's not about being able to pay it. I just don't want to. I rather keep my money for other things.

Certain markets charge more to plate a car to based on power output so there's that.
Buddy, Iā€™m sure there is a reason for Toyota to underrate the MKV power output but I can guarantee you that it has nothing to do with Toyota thinking about your insurance premiums. This idea is just as silly as how Tada-San thought to give you fake vents so that you can Sawzall your car into pieces to make ā€œfunctionalā€ vents.

I didnā€™t know I was in the minority, but seriously, I have never checked insurance premiums and let that dictate if I should buy a car or not. Be it sports car or SUV. I buy what I want. Surprised you guys are not driving and modding minivans and shit.

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
Oh, donā€™t feed the troll. I just like to start shit. Yā€™allā€™s still silly AF.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Buddy, Iā€™m sure there is a reason for Toyota to underrate the MKV power output but I can guarantee you that it has nothing to do with Toyota thinking about your insurance premiums. This idea is just as silly as how Tada-San thought to give you fake vents so that you can Sawzall your car into pieces to make ā€œfunctionalā€ vents.

I didnā€™t know I was in the minority, but seriously, I have never checked insurance premiums and let that dictate if I should buy a car or not. Be it sports car or SUV. I buy what I want. Surprised you guys are not driving and modding minivans and shit.
I didnt say Toyota did it for the premiums. But it is a fact that some places you pay less premiums because of the hp it has. But it is common knowledge that car manufacturers under report numbers, like i said BMW does it all the time. Different markets have different tax implications not for the end user but the manufacture themselves based on the power they produce.

Last edited:

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
If these 23' numbers are in the ballpark of being correct, what did they change between the 21'/22s and the 23' model years? I know what changed between 20' and 21'/22', and the resulting differences in whp.
I get it that no two dynos are the same but I haven't seen any stock 21'/22' put down more than 400whp.
what am I missing?
There weren't really any engine changes from 21-23 that I know of, and I'd love to see some other cars on the same dyno, because to me that Dynojet seems to be reading unusually high.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I didnt say Toyota did it for the premiums. But it is a fact that some places you pay less premiums because of the hp it has. But it is common knowledge that car manufacturers under report numbers, like i said BMW does it all the time. Different markets have different tax implications not for the end user but the manufacture themselves based on the power they produce.
This is true, in regards to automakers underrating the real output and choosing magic numbers to publish. Why do you think sooo many vehicles are rated at, or just shy of 300hp. It's because 300hp is one of those tipping points for insurance premiums, especially on tuner or performance vehicles. The insurance rates for a vehicle can easily make or break its sales. We're not saying that's the only, or even main reason Toyota & BMW underrate the B58, but it definitely plays a part. There's severe legal ramifications if a manufacturer overrates the actual engine output (see Mazda, Hyundai), but nothing wrong with underrating at all.

OP
OP
Andrew__a90

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
There weren't really any engine changes from 21-23 that I know of, and I'd love to see some other cars on the same dyno, because to me that Dynojet seems to be reading unusually high.
I agree which is why I posted it because it seemed excessive, note he also is showing like 530 ft of torque!? I trust savage geese who got 404 hp which would place this car around 430 to the crank accounting for drivetrain loss. Itā€™s certainly an impressive car, mine has an intake and exhaust on stock tune and I have consistently went 0-60 in 3.7 seconds and ran an 11.9 at the quarter mile. My mods were done for audio purposes only and if anything maybe give me like 10 extra hp but that wouldnā€™t really affect performance which tells me all Supras should put down numbers like this.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
I agree which is why I posted it because it seemed excessive, note he also is showing like 530 ft of torque!? I trust savage geese who got 404 hp which would place this car around 430 to the crank accounting for drivetrain loss. Itā€™s certainly an impressive car, mine has an intake and exhaust on stock tune and I have consistently went 0-60 in 3.7 seconds and ran an 11.9 at the quarter mile. My mods were done for audio purposes only and if anything maybe give me like 10 extra hp but that wouldnā€™t really affect performance which tells me all Supras should put down numbers like this.
Do you use dragy? For measuring your times etc