Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
Soooo ... in post #431, JP_ asked
"Could anyone with a car that has the JBL/12 Speaker system have a look in expert mode and verify the values for AUDIO_SYSTEM, AUDIO_SYSTEM_VAR, MULTICHANNEL, AUDIO_SIGNAL_ROUTING, and EQ_VARIANT in the head unit please? "

Those pictures are the default factory setting for the audio setup.

These setting routes the audio output to the JBL system. I believe JP_ is trying to direct the audio output of the head unit over MOST.
Sorry, I was told to reference post 143. 😁
And thanks.

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
"Could anyone with a car that has the JBL/12 Speaker system have a look in expert mode and verify the values for AUDIO_SYSTEM, AUDIO_SYSTEM_VAR, MULTICHANNEL, AUDIO_SIGNAL_ROUTING, and EQ_VARIANT in the head unit please? "

These setting routes the audio output to the JBL system. I believe JP_ is trying to direct the audio output of the head unit over MOST.
Has anyone tried coding a different audio or EQ variant on the stock system?

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition

Yep! I already had it working, was just double checking I hadn't missed anything :)

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Has anyone tried coding a different audio or EQ variant on the stock system?
Yes, though not with the stock JBL system, but whatever frankenstein the Jarama edition gets here in Europe. They claim it has 10 speakers, but it actually has 12... and the toyota techinfo docs state it uses a MOST loop for the audio signal to the amp in all 10/12 speaker cars, but in actuality on the Jarama it's analogue low-level signal. Weird, anyway, my findings:

Audio variants other than hifi/tophifi do nothing. iirc anything lower than hifi changes (or maybe is just designed for) the output to a high level analogue signal if you have analogue wiring. Best not to do that in an amp setup that wants low level input! Also applies some basic EQ to try and make up for bad speakers. hifi was a flat signal. Everything from tophifi and above only applies to cars sending audio over MOST. I found no difference between the sound from any of those options, other than it cutting out entirely for one or two of them (apologies but I don't remember which).

I did have to change from hifi to tophifi when I switched from analogue output to digital over MOST. Didn't get any sound before that.

As for EQ variants, for most I couldn't detect a difference, one or two just sounded awful though. I think it's different EQs for different BMWs with different speakers installed, and the default is tuned for Supras. Potentially different delays per speaker channel. I tested this while my system was still analogue, but now in my case after going digital my DMI converts the MOST signal to stereo over toslink, losing any extra data like delay per speaker, so I have to configure all that myself in my amp.

Ultimately I found leaving those settings as default (or the defaults for MOST systems once I'd switched to that) was best, and then performing EQ either in the head unit EQ or at the amp itself if you've gone aftermarket, if you felt you needed to.

tl;dr: yes, they were no different or worse. You only need to change from hifi to tophifi if you go from an analogue system to a MOST system.

TurbuGR

First Name
Yomny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra ‘22
Truly appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.
I have a '22 supra and can't find or maybe it doesn't have the "Body Domain Controller" to adjust the passenger mirror tilt on reverse. Anyone know if this is simply not available on the newer models?

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
Truly appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.
I have a '22 supra and can't find or maybe it doesn't have the "Body Domain Controller" to adjust the passenger mirror tilt on reverse. Anyone know if this is simply not available on the newer models?
Search on YouTube. I believe @CarGuy11 covers this. You have choose the Z4 option, I believe.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Coding for switching the audio output of the head unit on cars without the JBL system, to go over MOST so it's fully digital:

Headunit > Expert mode > Search > AMPLIFIER_VARIANT = most
Headunit > Expert mode > Search > AUDIO_SYSTEM = tophifi
Headunit > Expert mode > Search > EXTERNER_MOST = aktiv

Could anyone with a car that has the JBL/12 Speaker system have a look in expert mode and verify the values for AUDIO_SYSTEM, AUDIO_SYSTEM_VAR, MULTICHANNEL, AUDIO_SIGNAL_ROUTING, and EQ_VARIANT in the head unit please?
But what does that mean

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
But what does that mean
If you don't know, it probably doesn't matter to you 😜

This thread has more context on why I cared, I can't imagine many others will unless they're speccing base audio on their car:

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Anyone know how to code the mirrors to fold in automatically when I put the car is in park and turned it off?
is that even possible?

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Anyone know how to code the mirrors to fold in automatically when I put the car is in park and turned it off?
is that even possible?
I mean you don't need to code anything. There's an option in the cars settings to have them fold in when you lock the car.

Unless you just don't want to lock your car. Then idk.
Sponsored