Supra facelift discussion thread

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
For a facelift to occur I would think it has to be this upcoming model year. Otherwise, it will just be too late.
Sponsored

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
I wonder who would make it? Would Toyota produce it or still have BMW make it?
If they're going to modify and reuse the current chassis and drivetrain, my money would be on BMW.

But if it's an in-house project, we have an upcoming new sports car platform that will first be used for the new Lexus LFR. It's rumored to also underpin the LC/RC replacement and possibly a new Supra.

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
I never said any thing bad about the FL5. I just posted actual data. Sorry that you didn't get what you wanted.
correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it did the ring 6 seconds faster than the A90. So I’d say it’s subjective

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
no, it does. Different tracks, different drivers, opinion based Razor, hence the term subjective.
You have horrible reading comprehension. At no point have I voiced an opinion on the FL5 in this discussion. You're lost in the sauce of your own red mist.

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
You have horrible reading comprehension. At no point have I voiced an opinion on the FL5 in this discussion. You're lost in the sauce of your own red mist.
go back and read sir. At no point did I say either car was better. Someone made a

statement about cross shopping the cars and referred to the civic as an economy family hauler with an upgrades drivetrain. The fact of the matter is that both are extremely capable vehicles. The fl5 was made for the track and can be had for$14k less with similar performance characteristics. The fact that it’s 4door or fwd is irrelevant. I was simply stating that it would have no problem hanging with or even outperforming the A90 on a track. You’re the one posting lap times and being defensive.Every time you comment you kinda come off condescending. If that’s just you, then cool. But the post wasn’t intended to be a pissing match between the cars.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Don't want to add fuel, but in no shape or form the new or old type R is similar in performance vs the Supra. They're a reason why it's listed higher in msrp.

https://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/ssizvla5dv6v

Every nook and cranny detail on all lap locations and timings concur this.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
go back and read sir. At no point did I say either car was better. Someone made a

statement about cross shopping the cars and referred to the civic as an economy family hauler with an upgrades drivetrain. The fact of the matter is that both are extremely capable vehicles. The fl5 was made for the track and can be had for$14k less with similar performance characteristics. The fact that it’s 4door or fwd is irrelevant. I was simply stating that it would have no problem hanging with or even outperforming the A90 on a track. You’re the one posting lap times and being defensive.Every time you comment you kinda come off condescending. If that’s just you, then cool. But the post wasn’t intended to be a pissing match between the cars.
He wasn't being defensive. He posted facts, not an opinion. Track times is quantifiable facts that the supra is faster than the fl5. Razor didn't call it an economy car. Reading is key.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

Again, your reading comprehension is really bad. Every time you reply you prove it more and more.

Go yell at some clouds.

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
He wasn't being defensive. He posted facts, not an opinion. Track times is quantifiable facts that the supra is faster than the fl5. Razor didn't call it an economy car. Reading is key.
Yes and I corrected my statement. It’s irrelevant because it’s got nothing to do with my initial post. It wasn’t about which was faster. He’s got a habit of turning posts into debates and arguments.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
Bestcar is reporting the next gen will be a heavily updated version of the current model. Think along the lines of the new Mustang and Camry.

However, @A70TTR and @PerformanceSound are hinting at an in-house V6 turbo Hybrid A100.
For the former, would BMW continue the partnership? It doesn't seem like BMW wants the Z4 to live.

For the latter, I don't suppose there would be a manual trans? Not many hybrids with MT...the only one I can think of is the Honda CR-Z....
Sponsored