Supra vs. Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Calaman1504

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 premium phantom gray
I owned an AR 147 years ago. Second owner and got it with only 24k kms.
Beautiful car but Alfa's reliability is no joke, spent more time in the shop than in my garage.
They are beautiful cars but I don't think I'll ever go back to AR.

I can second this post. I have a Alfa now, it’s currently parked in the garage next to the Supra I just bought. It’s in the garage to keep the miles off while I await the lemon law check that paid for the Supra.

it’s sad because it’s a beautiful car and is A LOT of fun to drive. When it’s not in the shop.There are good Alfa’s out there I’m sure but the problems and lack of dealer support has it off my list permanently.
Sponsored

SonicJLee

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0, 2013 Porsche Panamera GTS
I owned a 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio for a year and put over 30k miles on it. I bought it to experience an Alfa Romeo. The car was reliable - I only experienced one issue and it was caused by a dead battery. The interior quality of the car was poor for the price of the car and I was never really comfortable in it. I got rid of it primarily because I needed more cargo space (the trunk is much smaller than the trunk of the F80 M3), I absolutely hated the brakes (I had the carbon ceramics and they were extremely inconsistent), and my experience with the dealer was terrible.

Overall, I feel that my 2021 supra with a stage 2 tune is more fun than the Giulia Quadrifoglio. The only dynamic trait of the Giulia that I prefer over the supra is the steering as it ISmuch quicker. The quality of the supra (interior and exterior) is much better.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
^^^^
thats saying something if Supra interior is better! Not why I bought the car but the Supra’s interior is very average and looks like it was built from a left over bin of 3 year old 3 series

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
I owned a 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio for a year and put over 30k miles on it. I bought it to experience an Alfa Romeo. The car was reliable - I only experienced one issue and it was caused by a dead battery. The interior quality of the car was poor for the price of the car and I was never really comfortable in it. I got rid of it primarily because I needed more cargo space (the trunk is much smaller than the trunk of the F80 M3), I absolutely hated the brakes (I had the carbon ceramics and they were extremely inconsistent), and my experience with the dealer was terrible.

Overall, I feel that my 2021 supra with a stage 2 tune is more fun than the Giulia Quadrifoglio. The only dynamic trait of the Giulia that I prefer over the supra is the steering as it ISmuch quicker. The quality of the supra (interior and exterior) is much better.
Surprised to hear an ex owner say this about the interior. I sat in a couple of Alfa’s and I felt like it was much nicer place to be than the Toyota. That said , sitting in one and living with one for an extended period are totally different experiences.

I also felt like the paint and color options were quite stunning With decent quality, ie no orange peel,or goobers.

bigcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

I had considered Giulia Quadrifoglio but the price is over my budget, I'm glad to see the experience from the owner.

My first car is Alfa Romeo 156 and it always has a place in my heart.

SonicJLee

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0, 2013 Porsche Panamera GTS
Surprised to hear an ex owner say this about the interior. I sat in a couple of Alfa’s and I felt like it was much nicer place to be than the Toyota. That said , sitting in one and living with one for an extended period are totally different experiences.

I also felt like the paint and color options were quite stunning With decent quality, ie no orange peel,or goobers.
The Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio interior looked nice and the leather felt more premium than what is in the Supra. The seats (I had the carbon backed sparcos) and steering wheel looked great and felt nice. However, the other touch points (i.e., the knobs, shifter, buttons, and levers) felt really cheap, and the low res screen and hard plastics on the door panels, lower dash, etc., just felt out of place for a car in that price range (MSRP on my car was $89k). The aero (aggressive diffuser, active front lip, carbon fiber hood), steering, and engine were great, but compared to other cars that I've recently owned (F80 M3, 991 Carrera S, Panamera GTS, etc.), the car felt like like it hadn't been fully matured before release. I suppose that adds to the charm of the car.

I think the design of the supra's interior is great; although in comparison to the Giulia it doesn't have leather on the dash and door panels (which I wouldn't expect in a vehicle in this price range), everything it does have seems to be of high quality to me.

The paint on the Giulia felt a bit on the thin side, but overall it was good.

Babayaga Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I actually just raced one of these cars LOL, cool car! Link is in my bio

clockwork

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I gotta say though... how many of you that toot the horn of the giulia “not being reliable” have actually driven or owned one?
Me. And it was the most unreliable car I have ever owned.
FB_IMG_1620079931945.jpg
FB_IMG_1620079937575.jpg

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Saw one of these on the road last weekend. Beautiful cars. Would own one if I didn't have the need for a tow vehicle.

strohw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 X3M, 2009 987.2, 2021 Supra
Keep in mind that the interior was updated a bit with better materials for the 2020 version. So there will be conflicting opinions on this topic normally but people referencing different versions of the interior will exacerbate those debates.

This vehicle also has a labor intensive belt replacement service on the maintenence schedule. Though I'm sure the reliability of the vehicles have gone up quite a bit for the last few years. So I'm not sure using a first year long term demo review from someone like C&D is comparable to a 2020+ in reliability terms.

clockwork

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Keep in mind that the interior was updated a bit with better materials for the 2020 version. So there will be conflicting opinions on this topic normally but people referencing different versions of the interior will exacerbate those debates.

This vehicle also has a labor intensive belt replacement service on the maintenence schedule. Though I'm sure the reliability of the vehicles have gone up quite a bit for the last few years. So I'm not sure using a first year long term demo review from someone like C&D is comparable to a 2020+ in reliability terms.
99% of issues seem to be software/wiring/electronics/battery related. I had my infotainment unit replaced (kept restarting/rebooting), battery issues that they wouldn't acknowledge - start/stop never worked (but that was okay to me), I was left stranded having to rely on roadside assistance twice - related to bad starter relay, and various other warranty related visits.

This is on top of ridiculous service intervals for certain stuff compounded with ridiculous service costs, even for my Ti Sport model compared to other cars I have owned - even more expensive ones (and the QV is even worse in this regard). Although it was dealer specific, they also had horrible customer service/treated me like I was pulling in with a Kia Rio or something.

IMO, it was one of the best cars yet the worst car I have ever owned. The actual driving dynamics (for a sedan) were great.
Sponsored