Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
I would just tell the salesman what you told us. You want a quiet drive as if you were alone. Any good salesman should oblige.

Another reason is if you are concerned over the virus, and want to minimize contact and test drive alone.

Either way, I hope you like the car! Hope you get the deal you want! Even though I got a 3.0 I still think that 2.0 is pretty awesome!
Thank you. Good advice.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
It's a reference to a former US president stating that Norway rakes their forests to prevent fires and that California should take note.
I see, hadnĀ“t heard that expression before. Thank you.

Well our neighbor Norway is our laughingstock in Sweden a bit like I believe is the case with US vs Canada.

Norway have fjords and may rake their forests. Sweden donĀ“t;)

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I own a masterful Nord Piano from Sweden in my music room. Although I had to take the thing completely apart (brand new) a few weeks in to fix a mechanical issue it had on the keybed.. it was a design problem how Nord mounted the key bed onto the chassis. Quick 1 hour fix. I tend to take everything apart. .. what warranty?

Back to test drives and raking leaves..

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
You could always "rent" a wife... I'm pretty sure there's an app for that. :spaz:
Yeah took some notes thanks to @MisterSkiz a few days ago.. he said to bring Twinkies and ho's to the dealership for proper treatment.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I guess the norm is different between US and where I am, Sweden.
Here it is no problem whatsoever to get a test drive of the car you are interested in.

In fact, I think no one here would ever buy a car they have not been allowed to test drive solo or with the family, especially this type of car.

When I asked the dealer to test the Supra the answer was:
Sure, here is the key donĀ“t wreck it and be back before we close in 3 hours.

When I bought my Toyota Auris 4 years ago, I had a car over the weekend to drive the family around to see if they liked it.
Sounds like things are different on your side of the pond?
the other day my friend wanted to go test drive a 2022 TLX type s, the new sporty one, he currently has a 718 cayman gt4 and M5cs on order, just was curious to try it cause they advertised some good lease deals, and we pulled up with the gt4 and my supra, when we went to talk to the guy and asked to test drive alone due to covid and being 3 of us, and not wanting to be too close etc etc guy said I don't think so let me ask my manager, then the guy came back and said no test drives on high performance vehicles LOL. my local dodge dealer also does not do test drives on anything faster than a 5.7 Hemi. My friend showed up in his 2019 narrow body hellcat manual to test drive an auto widebody and they said no, and he had bought from that dealership his current hellcat.

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
the other day my friend wanted to go test drive a 2022 TLX type s, the new sporty one, he currently has a 718 cayman gt4 and M5cs on order, just was curious to try it cause they advertised some good lease deals, and we pulled up with the gt4 and my supra, when we went to talk to the guy and asked to test drive alone due to covid and being 3 of us, and not wanting to be too close etc etc guy said I don't think so let me ask my manager, then the guy came back and said no test drives on high performance vehicles LOL. my local dodge dealer also does not do test drives on anything faster than a 5.7 Hemi. My friend showed up in his 2019 narrow body hellcat manual to test drive an auto widebody and they said no, and he had bought from that dealership his current hellcat.
I am glad it is not like that over here. Atleast not yet.

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The 2.0 I was planning to test drive has been sold. Unfortunately, I have had a cast on my foot for the last six weeks. I thought it would be coming off today. There is one 2.0 left in Escondido, north of San Diego. Its been there a while.

Reactions: zrk

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
The 2.0 I was planning to test drive has been sold. Unfortunately, I have had a cast on my foot for the last six weeks. I thought it would be coming off today. There is one 2.0 left in Escondido, north of San Diego. Its been there a while.
That sucks that it sold, but you'll find another! As far as useful tips I could give you for a test drive, I would strongly recommend driving with the windows down at 50mph+ like others have said, the wind buffeting is something you need to experience for yourself. As someone else said, turn the auto start/stop off the moment you get in the car, it's the small button in front of the shifter. Another piece of advice would be to play with sport mode both while cruising and while giving it the beans, it will really give you an idea of how different the car is in sport mode versus normal drive mode. Play with the paddles in manual shift mode by bumping the shifter to the left position, the paddles are fun!

Another big thing to point out is the driver assist package crap! If the car you test drive has the driver assist package, it will cause the steering wheel to vibrate when close to white/yellow lines and will try to pull you back into your lane as well as interfere with passing people if you don't use your blinker first because it doesn't know you intend to pass. If you aren't aware of this beforehand it can be freaky as hell, this happened to me the day I bought the car. I went to pass someone on a backroad without using my blinker and almost ended up clipping their rear driver side because the driver assist shit pulled me back into my lane partially. If the car has the premium package, another tip is if you're really trying to test out everything driving related, play with the cruise control. The car has adaptive cruise control and it's weird getting used to. If a car is to close in front of you it won't go the speed you set the cruise at, it will match that persons speed instead to ensure you don't rear end them, stuff like that. I'm almost 100% sure that the driver assist stuff is turned off completely while the vehicle is in sport mode though, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That sucks that it sold, but you'll find another! As far as useful tips I could give you for a test drive, I would strongly recommend driving with the windows down at 50mph+ like others have said, the wind buffeting is something you need to experience for yourself. As someone else said, turn the auto start/stop off the moment you get in the car, it's the small button in front of the shifter. Another piece of advice would be to play with sport mode both while cruising and while giving it the beans, it will really give you an idea of how different the car is in sport mode versus normal drive mode. Play with the paddles in manual shift mode by bumping the shifter to the left position, the paddles are fun!

Another big thing to point out is the driver assist package crap! If the car you test drive has the driver assist package, it will cause the steering wheel to vibrate when close to white/yellow lines and will try to pull you back into your lane as well as interfere with passing people if you don't use your blinker first because it doesn't know you intend to pass. If you aren't aware of this beforehand it can be freaky as hell, this happened to me the day I bought the car. I went to pass someone on a backroad without using my blinker and almost ended up clipping their rear driver side because the driver assist shit pulled me back into my lane partially. If the car has the premium package, another tip is if you're really trying to test out everything driving related, play with the cruise control. The car has adaptive cruise control and it's weird getting used to. If a car is to close in front of you it won't go the speed you set the cruise at, it will match that persons speed instead to ensure you don't rear end them, stuff like that. I'm almost 100% sure that the driver assist stuff is turned off completely while the vehicle is in sport mode though, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks, great advice. One of my pet peeves is people who donā€™t use their turn signals. I canā€™t read your mind! ?