The A90 Toyota Supra Prototype Comes to the US!

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Technically speaking, the spin-off of Ferrari as its own company was completed in 2016 and they are no longer a part of FCA. I believe FCA still has a major stake in Ferrari though.

Jeff

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
You have some kind of complex. I'm not even going to bother.

p.s. Just for shits and giggles, Dodge = FCA = Ferrari :drive:
Right, but a Ferrari 458 isn't built on a Dodge Dart global platform or a Fiat 500 global platform :thumbsup:.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
Hmm I guess, if someone asked me what is Toyota's Current Halo car I would answer the LC especially when a hotter version is incoming, I feel like the Supra stopped being the Halo car since they stopped using them to race in JGTC or since the SC was around by technicality the Lexus cars can be argued to be this Halo. Since I guess I never saw the Supra as a halo car since the 80s, this current one MKV I guess can be argued that it's not a Halo car. my 2 cents.

Doesn't bother me, that's it's not a Halo either.

Last edited:

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm I guess, if someone asked me what is Toyota's Current Halo car I would answer the LC especially when a hotter version is incoming, I feel like the Supra stopped being the Halo car since they stopped using them to race in JGTC or since the SC was around by technicality the Lexus cars can be argued to be this Halo. Since I guess I never saw the Supra as a halo car since the 80s, this current one MKV I guess can be argued that it's not a Halo car. my 2 cents.

Doesn't bother me, that's it's not a Halo either.

I just hope that this LC-F moving forward is indeed a halo car and makes this meme appropriate for the majority of the market. The LC500 is already an awesome machine in and out. What else could they do to it if they are asking you to fork over an extra 50 grand and potentially more?

th?id=OIP.u5t3ewRsHHz154FM6_emGwHaE8&w=300&h=200&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
They seem to be kind of a common(ish) promo item in Japan for coffee/tea. They were a giveaway for the 86 from GR made by One Collection, and as such they don't actually seem to have a typical part number. In fact the package even has a "Not for Sale" label on it.

m82418552234_3.jpg

Jeff

Lexafer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 4Runner
I'm fine with the fake vents, the boring interior, and even no man trans but if Gazoo doesn't sell this Supra with spoon wrenches like 86 I'm gonna be pissed!

2ro0tfk.jpg

2zsbl3m.jpg

2mm8ua1.jpg

25it1xe.jpg

my oil changes will suddenly be magically delicious.

Jeff, part # plz
James May (of The Grand Tour and formerly of Top Gear) would like this.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
I just hope that this LC-F moving forward is indeed a halo car and makes this meme appropriate for the majority of the market. The LC500 is already an awesome machine in and out. What else could they do to it if they are asking you to fork over an extra 50 grand and potentially more?

th?id=OIP.u5t3ewRsHHz154FM6_emGwHaE8&w=300&h=200&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg

Lol absolutely, but let's look into what most people think the LC targets and the what the LC actually targets. If we mentioned it to an enthusiast, the word halo car and Lexus LC. Id bet most people would imagine the LC competes against the NSX or the GTR (Because Japanese Halo car) or even the 911(Cause Porsche). However, the LC doesn't target these vehicles at all. It's target is the Aston Martin DB11 and this isn't the V8 DB but the V12. The LC gives everything the DB11 has but in half the price but it competes. Aston Martin is the king of GT cars, giving the best interior and the performance to competes agianst something like a GTR.

Now I guess we need to ask what's the hotter DB11?

One of these comes to mind

Therefore, for your 50K added to the 92K of the currect LC. so about 150K (the range of the NSX) Now imagine this LCF, costing almost half the price of the Aston DBS. and can do everything just as good for a way lower price tag.

IF the LCF can do that it deserves the title of Toyota/Lexus "Halo" Car . and I believe that Lexus can do it!

Also if we ask who Aston Targets for their cars.

That's easy too.

It's Ferrari. The new DBS competes with the 812. Imagine a Lexus that could compete at that level : )

SVHO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 MX5 ND, 2019 Acura RDX
The Supra will be on sale in spring 2019 for US customers?
Sponsored