The Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept Comes to Gran Turismo Sport!

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Most likely a 100k variant that competes with 911's.

As someone enoted, unless A70 wants to come and say hi. I see this car rounding up to 2950 lbs, but packing 500 HP and is an absolute corvette/GTR/supercar killer to a certain extent.

Expect this badboy to be a limited variant.
That's a pretty steep jump from the $55k-$60k pricing we have been hearing for the upper-level trims. I honestly cannot see this car being priced so high...not saying it's not possible. I mean, Dodge did it with the Challenger that starts at $28k for the base model and goes up to $85k for the Demon.

At $100k, it better have some "out of this world" performance. I said the same thing about the R35 GT-R, and it's Veyron beating performance from the factory put my statement to rest.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's a pretty steep jump from the $55k-$60k pricing we have been hearing for the upper-level trims. I honestly cannot see this car being priced so high...not saying it's not possible. I mean, Dodge did it with the Challenger that starts at $28k for the base model and goes up to $85k for the Demon.

At $100k, it better have some "out of this world" performance. I said the same thing about the R35 GT-R, and it's Veyron beating performance from the factory put my statement to rest.
The reason why is that I suggest there is a 80k variant pumping 450+ and I get a smiley face from A70 every time.

So, keep that in mind

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
It's a GT3 car guys don't read anything into the power figure.
Or the weight. GT3 class cars are hundreds of pounds lighter than production.

Consider:
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car: 2645 lbs.
Porsche 911 (base model): 3153 lbs.
Difference: 508 lbs.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
https://jalopnik.com/the-toyota-supra-racing-concept-is-on-gran-turismo-spor-1825597461

The Toyota Supra Racing Concept Is On Gran Turismo Sport With 591 HP

We don’t know much about the new Toyota Supra, since the racing version of it debuted in March with a funky livery and approximately zero performance stats. Will it make 50 horsepower or 500? Who knows! But with its Gran Turismo Sport debut, we at least know that the virtual version will be powered by 591 horses.

The Supra’s racing concept got uploaded into the game with a free update on Friday, nearly two months after it showed up for the first time at the Geneva Motor Show and nearly two decades since the beloved production tuner car got killed off by Toyota. The difference between a car sitting at an auto show and a car in a game, though, is that the latter needs performance numbers behind it.

Gran Turismo Sport announced that the car was officially in the game on Friday, yet didn’t mention any details on its performance. Sounds familiar. But when you’re driving a car on a simulator that’s meant to simulate real racing, there has to be some kind of information on what exactly you’re driving.

New YouTube videos show the Supra concept’s overview screen in the game, which lists it at 591 brake horsepower at 6,800 RPM and 514 lb-ft of torque at 6,000 RPM. The car is also listed at 1,243 kilograms, or 2,740 pounds. All of the other stat boxes—displacement, length, width and height—have no numbers.

Those numbers definitely shouldn’t be taken as an indication of what the street car will have, since even Gran Turismo’s announcement said the racing concept’s “performance surpasses anything [Gran Turismo] had been anticipating about a possible revived Supra.”

A Supra from the factory hovered around 300 HP before it disappeared from production, so these numbers are definitely more indicative of what to expect from the race car than from the street version. The same is the case for the car’s interior in the game, of course.

But these are the first numbers we’ve gotten amongst a sea of speculation that the Supra will cost a ton, won’t get a manual option and that the production version won’t come around until 2019. So, really, they’re better than nothing, which is all we’ve gotten so far.

And while it’s hard to stay excited for a car you know virtually nothing about, maybe driving its racing version on a simulator will help.

unknxwn

First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Laut Killmann bleibt der GT86 der erschwingliche Sportwagen der Marke, das Perfomance-Modell Supra soll sich preismäßig darüber einordnen. Derzeit kostet ein Toyota GT86 mindestens 30.000 Euro. AUTO BILD rechnet damit, dass die Preise für den Supra bei 40.000 Euro losgehen werden. Ein Grund: Der Sportwagen bekommt einen Sechszylinder von BMW mit über 450 PS.
AUTO BILD says it will start at 40000€ and will come with a BMW six cylinder engine with over 450 hp. That would be amazing!

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Auto Bild is full of it. Cars that cost 40k Euros in Germany are usually in the 30s in the States. With 450 hp? Wishful thinking, no effing way.

SANDY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
no car
real deal, very fun driving experience but FT-1 is still litle better.

IMG_20180428_154518.jpg

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
the test mules are a couple hundred pounds heavier than the race car, and yes the power figure is simply indicative of where this car needs to be in order to be competitive with the field (typically in the mid 500 range atm).

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
the test mules are a couple hundred pounds heavier than the race car, and yes the power figure is simply indicative of where this car needs to be in order to be competitive with the field (typically in the mid 500 range atm).
You know, anything less than 400 wouldn't make sense for the Supra if it's an LMGTE car, the competition is too stiff!
911 RSR 500+ HP
AM Vantage 500+ HP
BMW M8(GTE) 500+ HP
488 GTB (GTE) 600+ HP
C7.R -500+ HP
Ford GT(GTE) 600+ HP

Though BOP might keep them even