The A90 Toyota Supra Prototype Comes to the US!

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Anything new with this thing? When is the official debut of it, SEMA? I'll wait or possibly buy a 3rd MKIV if things don't pan out nicely for this car
In the meantime, this guys' video of the MKV Supra is a fair depiction of what most MKIV fans are thinking:

Please watch the whole thing before anyone starts flaming.
Sponsored

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't go through every post on here, so if this is a repost then my apologies...I saw this elsewhere.

Is the test cars' spoiler fake???....by the looks of it, it looks like it is just a fake panel to hide something underneath, like a retractable spoiler similar to the one on the FT-1??? :rolleyes::D

...or am I just being too hopeful, and the rear hatch isn't closed all the way?? :p

Spoiler.png

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^^ I don't think any of those cars have one unfortunately. If so I'm sure more pics would have surfaced with some indication.

However, the 'track focused/GRMN' version could be the version with one or so I hope along with a manual transmission. But I don't think one of those is running around anywhere for spy shots to exist to the public yet.

Last edited:

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't go through every post on here, so if this is a repost then my apologies...I saw this elsewhere.

Is the test cars' spoiler fake???....by the looks of it, it looks like it is just a fake panel to hide something underneath, like a retractable spoiler similar to the one on the FT-1??? :rolleyes::D

...or am I just being too hopeful, and the rear hatch isn't closed all the way?? :p

Spoiler.png
Perhaps open same as mr2
F4E47BB7-67D4-4A62-B0B0-7E478DF5AFFF.jpeg

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
I second the idea that the hatch isn't closed. Active wing was already axed.
But why would the 'back be open?

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, also I truly wonder if the hatch is open or if it's the cladding. The reason I still question this is because of where the glass line is compared to the rest of the hatch body. They could be testing the different options of hatches available....ones with active aero, ones without.

Spoiler2.png

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's simple all supra have a spoiler.
The trunk of the car z4 is lower than that surely because the masking hides the spoiler in Supra.
After an aerodinamic option to 5k I prefer a spoiler :dunno:

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Yeah, also I truly wonder if the hatch is open or if it's the cladding. The reason I still question this is because of where the glass line is compared to the rest of the hatch body. They could be testing the different options of hatches available....ones with active aero, ones without.

Spoiler2.png
Interesting. I see that too. Active aero would be amazing.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
uhm, its so obviously just open. Look at the bodyline around the taillight. Someone hit the truck release no doubt.
I thought the same thing, but look closely. The glass and the trunk arenā€™t flush. Iā€™m not on the comp so I canā€™t edit the pic to point out what Iā€™m seeing lol

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Lol active aero is highly unlikely, and yes, the trunk is probably just open. But hey, a brotha can dream, right?!
Sponsored