The A90 Toyota Supra Prototype Comes to the US!

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
A little something from one of the guys that was there.

Electron Blue said:
Wow, so funny seeing people I work with in the background of the Supra pics. I work at TMNA R&D(formerly Toyota Technical Center) and today we had a lunchtime car show. I think most of us were surprised to see that Supra there.

It is definitely very shapely on the sides. Forward of the rear wheels it is almost a teardrop shape, and then it cuts out to huge flares over the rear tires. Reminds me of C3 Corvettes a bit.
Also pretty intricate in the lower door / side skirt area, pics don't do it justice.
Back end styling is angular and edgy like some of the more recent Toyota production cars, but I like it.
Front end seems a bit "meh" and kinda swollen looking.

The vast majority of the vents and scoops were fake and closed off, no clue if that will change for production.
Interior had a giant mat covering everything, so nothing to be seen there.

The round dots in the front and back bumpers were some sort of sensors, maybe for parking, but not sure why they are on the front.

Overall, way smaller than I thought.
Sponsored

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
@Guff what are you doing on photoshop get over to Michigan. We need this :headbang:
Sadly Michigan is a no go, car was apparently there for an hour or two, but now it's who-knows-where. I guess I'll have to keep waiting for another day....

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
I wonder why they covered the whole interior with a giant mat? Maybe this one has a more production ready interior?

mnpunk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 GT350, 2014 FRS, 2014 GTR, 02 M3
I wonder why they covered the whole interior with a giant mat? Maybe this one has a more production ready interior?
"Giant mat" more than likely refers to the same covering used at Goodwood for example.

BRZer86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Jaguar XJL Portfolio
Sadly Michigan is a no go, car was apparently there for an hour or two, but now it's who-knows-where. I guess I'll have to keep waiting for another day....
Thatā€™s unfortunate. I was having dinner at a restaurant tonight which is across the street from Toyota of North America in Plano, and I couldnā€™t help but wonder if they have one stowed away in the massive G4 classified garage, with translucent panels.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s unfortunate. I was having dinner at a restaurant tonight which is across the street from Toyota of North America in Plano, and I couldnā€™t help but wonder if they have one stowed away in the massive G4 classified garage, with translucent panels.
As far as I know, there's nothing there, but who knows about the private Toyota ranch in Denton... ;)

Also there's a pretty tasty Thai place called Noodle Wave off 121 in Frisco over there you should check out. :p

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know, there's nothing there, but who knows about the private Toyota ranch in Denton... ;)

Also there's a pretty tasty Thai place called Noodle Wave off 121 in Frisco over there you should check out. :p
And there is Bistro B in the Richardson area, for Pho :).....now I'm hungry!

Got steal the supra and get some food, sounds like a great idea.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Big papa Toyoda would like a word with you.

BRZer86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Edoko Sushi is where we had dinner, but weā€™ve been to Noodle Wave before and it was one of the best Thai restaurants weā€™ve had in the DFW area.

BRZer86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

The greatest Pho is at Pho District in Fort Worth.

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
The greatest Pho is at Pho District in Fort Worth.
Thanks, good to know. I'll have to try it when I come through, when I get off my hitch.
Sponsored