The A90 Toyota Supra Prototype Comes to the US!

Kaahari

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkiv -93
Vehicle Showcase
...it's been engineered as a performance sports car from the ground up. This has been echoed by Tada himself FYI.
This

I think a lot of people (atleast in US) assumed that car would be big gt car with a lot of power: maby ur engine, frame or parts of it borrowed from lexus lineup, lc / rc etc... like toyota did with A80: frame (A80 vs Sc300/400) and engine (2jz from Aristo). Toyota enthusiasts certainly would have loved it... but it would be quite expensive = low volume car?

When reading Tada, those things would not suit to his plans since he wanted to build agile sports car.

When car is launced and starts to sell/not sell, then we can say was it a right choise or not :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
Not a GT. I stand corrected.
You people are right; it's sort of a sports car with creature comforts, like an edge of touring car class to it.
Like I said, why the backup cameras and TSS (I think?)

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
Not a GT. I stand corrected.
You people are right; it's sort of a sports car with creature comforts, like an edge of touring car class to it.
Like I said, why the backup cameras and TSS (I think?)
Because it's mandated by law in the US market.

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
Not most of TSS, I think.
Then the trillion-way adjustable leather seats.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Not most of TSS, I think.
Then the trillion-way adjustable leather seats.
Although this car isnt the GT of the past, I would be incredibly disappointed if the car didn't have the features of a weekend cruiser. If I wanted a sports car with shitty interior, Id get a base mustang or camaro and call it a day *insert performance joke here*

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
Although this car isnt the GT of the past, I would be incredibly disappointed if the car didn't have the features of a weekend cruiser. If I wanted a sports car with shitty interior, Id get a base mustang or camaro and call it a day *insert performance joke here*
Ya and honestly, 98% of the drivers will not care about the minimal weight saved compared to the loss of a useful convenient feature such as power adjustable seats. For the hard-core enthusiasts, I'm sure the high end GR version will accommodate them.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Ya and honestly, 98% of the drivers will not care about the minimal weight saved compared to the loss of a useful convenient feature such as power adjustable seats. For the hard-core enthusiasts, I'm sure the high end GR version will accommodate them.
Not to mention that they can personally remove these things if they wish to do so. The chassis itself is rather light which has its advantages over the MK4 chassis when it comes to stripping weight

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
it might be a good time to interject the latest rumors on US trim levels from one of my sources (much obliged):

Base - ultrasuede/alcantara, optional nav, optional driver's assist (safety sense, park assist etc)
Premium - heated leather, HUD, NAV with optional driver's assist
Launch - Premium with minor cosmetics

CantEven_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Cayman GT4
awww man....so close

I would want the ultrasuede/alcantara, hud, nav. no drivers assist.

Hopefully the seats can be chosen.....say Premium no driver assist with Base seats as a no cost option.

Unless ofcourse the secret "engine changes" are on a different trim that is also announced to come at a later date. If its not announced and Japan market only kind of thing.....then oh well

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's par for the course on my end. Whoops

base to me meant 4 cylinder, but recalled you said 4 cylinder hasn't been given the green light yet.

So this is a base 6 cylinder model and up then?
Sponsored