The all-new BMW 2 Series Coupé (G42) + M2

humblemoto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91, '07 E60 M5, '19 Panigale V4S
If only the GRMN Supra would be produced at these M2 quantities, the S58 is worth the additional cost for the significant power overhead it offers but I prefer our body lines by far!
Sponsored

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
It looks ok to me, has no wow factor or anything like that. However, at least there isn't that huge ugly grille from the M3/M4 lol.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Mid, prob gonna cancel my order, doesn’t look great in photos, hopefully in person it’s better. I’d love an s58 Supra tho

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little... agree the front is an improvement however. Honestly the rear looks like they were starting on a clay model and just quit halfway down. 🤢

My second thought was "looks like they're bringing the Scion TC back?!?" :p

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Wow they butchered the M2. The previous gen was so good looking too.

Based on the m240i weight (3900 lbs), this thing is going to be a pig too. I realize the M2 won’t be AWD like the m240i but it will be gaining a second turbo plus all of the required plumbing and cooling for that. I doubt it will be much lighter

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Wow they butchered the M2. The previous gen was so good looking too.

Based on the m240i weight (3900 lbs), this thing is going to be a pig too. I realize the M2 won’t be AWD like the m240i but it will be gaining a second turbo plus all of the required plumbing and cooling for that. I doubt it will be much lighter
When you actually drive it yourself you might have a good opinion. Looks alone wont stop me from ordering it. IF looks actually mattered the GTR would have never been built. It looks like a brick and drives quite differently. It is not surprising to see more mass in modern machines. Hello Electric cars for weight yes???????????????

The M2 reveiws of the prototype tests done this month and last have shown it to be quite capable overall. In terms of mass its lighter than the steam-ship-size M3 and M4, and they do quite well in the driving category. Even with the large and glaringly crazy grill.

Modern tech allows for mass and performance. My M240i is a really good day car. Once the Emira is released, I will test it and possibly sell the M240. We will order the 4cyl if its a good drive. I miss the Esprit Turbo's Ive owned in the past.

Perusing the forums around the M world, the largest complaints now are the limited color palette of the M2 that are being discussed. Very basic like the last iteration. A red, a blue, a white a grey and black. Not exciting overall if this holds up as truth. We shall know around 11 Oct.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
BMW has been putting out duds lately
This thing is hideous 🤮
At least it looks like CF roof is available on it
Yea the s58 has a lot of head room and powerful from the factory
Power only helps you go forward faster
Less weight can also do that, along with better braking, steering feel, handling, reduced fuel consumption
I'd take a lighter car with less power
Probably why I sold the F80 for the Zupra

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 335i, '23 Kona N