The Pricing Thread + Potential US Tariffs Impact

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Some are thinking the new "C8" will be a completely different separate model that will go after other mid engine cars. While GM will leave the Corvette alone for the average Joes. Guess we will know for sure in a few years.
Sponsored

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Yeah, "C8" will be 7, 8 years from now when the current C7 has lived out its life.

All of the current rumors point toward the mid-engine car being an additional model to the Corvette, possibly named Zora.

There's possibility that the next gen C8 could be all mid-engine, but there's no telling at this point.

Also pricewise, Corvette is already there. You can option a base Corvette to $90k+. I want to say if you tick every box you can actually spend six figures on a non-z06 Corvette.

You're still able to order optionless Corvettes but even in the last generation most cars have been mid $60s, $70s and $80s.

TorqueRules

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus
It will make for some really interesting competition when the Supra is (hopefully) looking towards the next generation MKVI. Mid engined Supra anyone? :headbang:

fox body

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pogo Stick
It will make for some really interesting competition when the Supra is (hopefully) looking towards the next generation MKVI. Mid engined Supra anyone? :headbang:
Pump yo brakes! :) Let's work on getting an actual MKV model to market first. We're lucky if we see it return at all and I don't think we're ever gonna see them move the car into midengine supercar territory. Plus that would put it into a completely different price territory.

I want (and need) my Supra 'affordable' to the average successful guy at no more than about 60 grand. Above that it becomes unattainable for lots of people.

TorqueRules

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus
I don't think the mid engined corvette is being billed as a supercar?

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lets see the MKV come out first. But I can see Toyota bringing a mid engine back possibly MR-2 successor.

But for a super car mid engine car, I think they would badge it a Lexus. Possibly a new LFA :spaz:

Scino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 WRX Limited, 2015 GLA250 AMG Sport
People already called the ZR1 and Z06 "supercars."

I'm sure GM marketing will hype the shit out of anything mid-engined.
In case any of you guys missed it.

This is Mark Reuss's response when Ford GT was unveiled. Corvette is going to be Mid-engined V8.

GM VP.jpg

divinesteer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyotas
Lets see the MKV come out first. But I can see Toyota bringing a mid engine back possibly MR-2 successor.
Would LOOOOVE to see that. Mid-engined cars are currently basically reserved for the rich. 'Cheapest' one available is the Boxster which starts above $50k and most of them are more than $100k.

fox body

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pogo Stick
I gotta give it up to GM, they are staying the course with big displacement V8s and indicated they won't be putting a 4 cylinder in the Camaro even with the Ecoboost Mustang out there. Hopefully they don't find screw themselves when the CAFE standards get even stricter in a few years while the rest of the industry is investing now in turbo 4's and 6's

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Clearly Toyota is aiming for the new Supra to compete with the M4 type cars, and I would also expect it to be cheaper then a Lexus RC F - in Australia RC F is $150K - so it will be interesting to see where Toyota will position this model. Can't see this being a natural progression for the 86 owners though, based on the top range 86 being $38k-$40k.

BMW M2 Pure is $100K though, and I'd struggle justifying buying Toyota over this little terrier with a manual 6spd.

Reactions: HKz

Sun Devil

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
current: 2016 Audi A7 . Past: 996TT,997cab, 997TT, R8 V10, 13 FR-S
Clearly Toyota is aiming for the new Supra to compete with the M4 type cars, and I would also expect it to be cheaper then a Lexus RC F - in Australia RC F is $150K - so it will be interesting to see where Toyota will position this model. Can't see this being a natural progression for the 86 owners though, based on the top range 86 being $38k-$40k.

BMW M2 Pure is $100K though, and I'd struggle justifying buying Toyota over this little terrier with a manual 6spd.
Uhm. The M4 is a heavy sports coupe. Supra should be priced between the 86 and the RC F.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
So assuming the rumors/leaked info is true how would you price it? Or what would the max you pay? I think its also good for us too provide Toyota with some feedback from potential buyers.

4 cylinder turbo with 250hp-300hp
IMO: Starting price of $35k and full loaded $40k?

6 cylinder turbo with 350hp-400hp
IMO: Starting price of $40k and full loaded $45k?

The 2016 Z4 for comparison.
Z4 sDrive28i 2.0 liter - $49,700
Z4 sDrive35i 3.0 liter - $57,500
Z4 sDrive35is 3.0 liter - $66,350

Last edited:

zigzagz94

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ, 3g Eclipse
Those prices are spot on where I think they should be but I have a feeling they're going to price gouge us by about $5 - $10k on both of those brackets.
Sponsored