THIS Is the Manual Toyota Supra [Official Release]

XLR8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 FJ, FJ60, 22 Raptor, 911 Turbo
First post here after getting the call from my dealer than my A91 MT in white was coming late September, give or take. Haven't owned a supra since 1998.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Maybe I should’ve used happy instead. The delay of manual transmission and incomplete Supras are all marketing strategies. I’d be happy to pay extra if they do it right, by maybe offering red interior and A91-CF aero for the A91-MT. I paid for the TRD Pro.
Nice save.. most consumer goods are just clever marketing but that’s different. Offering the same thing with a sticker has been a Toyota thing (at least in Australia) for a long time. They had Corolla and Camrys with “sportivo“ stickers to make punters pay a little more.. for the same shit Corollas and Camrys.

And how is the new Supra incomplete anyway? The manual certainly completes it in my mind.

Is this a lame Toyota lineage thing?

XLR8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 FJ, FJ60, 22 Raptor, 911 Turbo
Yeah one of Doug's latest videos covered the specific parts used to make the manual. Parts bin special for sure but in his hands the shifting felt better than any current BMW. Mind you this wasn't a driving review.
Also, Porsche has proven that manuals are a premium. Look at 991.2 GT3s and the 992 ones, the manuals are more expensive second hand.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Seems like there could be some hinting about the targa top going on at the end there.

He also specifically mentioned more power for the supra as something they may do for future model years.

DDantas

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 bmw 328d
Seems like there could be some hinting about the targa top going on at the end there.

He also specifically mentioned more power for the supra as something they may do for future model years.
Yep. I made a thread earlier about the targa. I think the fact that they made the SEMA car and then let journalists drive it a year later shows that Toyota is seriously considering that as an option. MKIV had it, so I’m thinking this will probably have it as well for “heritage”.

Fwg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Nice save.. most consumer goods are just clever marketing but that’s different. Offering the same thing with a sticker has been a Toyota thing (at least in Australia) for a long time. They had Corolla and Camrys with “sportivo“ stickers to make punters pay a little more.. for the same shit Corollas and Camrys.

And how is the new Supra incomplete anyway? The manual certainly completes it in my mind.

Is this a lame Toyota lineage thing?
Incomplete or not-ultimate. For example, the 2020 models didn’t come with the engine bay strut bars but the intake box had the space/path reserved. Then the strut bars became standard equipment for later year models. To me this is how they pre-planned to do yearly upgrades to keep the buyers buying new modes. I could be wrong on this but they also sand-bagged the power output numbers in 2020. Then announced a power boost for 2021 models. If there was truly power boost or not I don’t know. At least not the full amount of differences I suppose.

Supra marketing reminds me of iPhone releases. It’s successful because it surely keeps me wanting to know what’s coming next.

Marketing strategies are not easy. I know they couldn’t possibly offer too much (like the carbon fiber aeros) as part of A91-MT, otherwise it would unsettle the 2021 & 2022 A91 owners and they need to reserve some upgrades for 2024 A91. I just wanted a little bit more than the tan interior and a red badge.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
I'm just hopelessly waiting for toyota to announce a GRMN supra with s58 w/ manual. I wouldn't even mind if it was just the 473 hp state of tune like the base G80/82 m3/m4s haha.
I doubt an M engine will ever make its way into another manufacturer that’s not producing a super car.

Would love to see it though… if the Supra does come out with a more powerful variant it’ll probably be a minor tune, intake, exhaust switch up with a major marketing campaign and some nice badges.

Last edited:

supralewigi

First Name
lewigi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X1 and M2 Competition
I doubt an M engine will ever make its way into another manufacturer that’s not producing a super car.

Would love to see it though… if the Supra does come out with a more powerful variant it’ll probably be a minor tune, intake, exhaust switch up with a major marketing campaign and some nice badges.
Dream match up: Nismo Z with a VR38TT vs GRMN Supra with S58 (both with manual options). 🙏

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.

This scares me because a targa would be perfect. Ugh.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Targa is the only thing that would make the Supra perfect for me. I'd be afraid of the price. But thankfully these cars basically don't depreciate so I could jump into the targa without taking a loss.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Just for fun update, I was one of the ones who was adamant about having a manual then ill buy, well i put my deposit down with my dealer for MSRP on a strat blue manual premium. Should match my MKIV perfectly
Please do the side by side shot when you get it, PLEASE
Sponsored