Throttle hesitation

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
I've been driving my car a lot lately dropping off and picking up my son from school and the weather is around low to mid single digit celsius (about 39F) in Vancouver these days. The car is still on PSS summer tires so it's not exactly the greatest traction in this weather.
Perhaps you know this, but you shouldn't be letting your Pilot Super Sports get colder than, say, 6C. It is unsafe. Everyone around you is running all seasons or winter tires, and they'll have significantly shorter stopping distances.
Sponsored

MK5 GR

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Premium Supra
So this is my wife’s car and she described this to me a couple times and it finally did it to me as well. Hers is bad it is like a dead peddle unless you smash the shit out of it and then it launches you out into traffic and really sucks when streets are wet. I thought it was the stupid engine kill when you stop but it is happening in sport mode.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
So this is my wife’s car and she described this to me a couple times and it finally did it to me as well. Hers is bad it is like a dead peddle unless you smash the shit out of it and then it launches you out into traffic and really sucks when streets are wet. I thought it was the stupid engine kill when you stop but it is happening in sport mode.
be careful mashing the pedal. From my experience, power resumes after about 1.5-2 seconds, and you don’t have to give it more gas to get it going.
From my BimmerLink logs, the fuel pressure stays low for that moment, regardless of the pedal angle.

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
I noticed this happens in my 2.0L when the engine is still cold.

SkySupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
It definitely happens more often when the road is wet/cold, or when the tires are cold. That's why I'm thinking it has something to do with the TC.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Can someone take a log of two of this happening and email it to me... [email protected]

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Perhaps you know this, but you shouldn't be letting your Pilot Super Sports get colder than, say, 6C. It is unsafe. Everyone around you is running all seasons or winter tires, and they'll have significantly shorter stopping distances.

no way!

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had been wondering why this hasn’t been reported by Z4 owners, but now found 2 accounts that indicate they do experience this too.
That helps convince me that the HPFP could be the culprit since it’s a new part for the Z4 and Supra.
This is only for those who experience this hesitation without traction issues. Cos my own experience includes weird rpm behavior and logged momentary low fuel pressures. Nothing to do with TC.

The1DoubleN

First Name
Benn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulence Grey
Adding to the chain here that I have the same issue with my 2021 3.0, car feels like it is going to stall when taking off from a stop from time to time, takes a couple seconds before engine responds, and idle drops very low before it will. Hoping for a fix some day, my only real problem with the car. Generally happens soon after a cold start or restart, nothing to do with TC.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Adding to the chain here that I have the same issue with my 2021 3.0, car feels like it is going to stall when taking off from a stop from time to time, takes a couple seconds before engine responds, and idle drops very low before it will. Hoping for a fix some day, my only real problem with the car. Generally happens soon after a cold start or restart, nothing to do with TC.
does It typically happen within a short distance driving after start up? And what’s the driving style up to the occurrence? Eg: keeping RPMs low as engine and oil is warming up

The1DoubleN

First Name
Benn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulence Grey
Yes, always within a couple minutes of start/restart, normal driving behavior, keeping low rpms.

A90.Trooper

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
doe anyone here have this issue and are using MHD, Ecutek, MG, or BM3?
I have a 2020 3.0 and am having this issue, first noticed after getting brake recall done and flashing a custom Ecutek tune soon after.

Happens more often in my highest power map and always at low rpm, usually from a stop. Notice it most when not in sport mode.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a 2020 3.0 and am having this issue, first noticed after getting brake recall done and flashing a custom Ecutek tune soon after.

Happens more often in my highest power map and always at low rpm, usually from a stop. Notice it most when not in sport mode.
Have you ever managed to log readings during these occurrences? Could shed some light on the underlying cause.
Sponsored