Throttle hesitation

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
And here I was thinking I was going crazy. I have a 2022 with 5xx miles on it and while this has never happened to me while driving, every once in a while when I turn on the car (mostly cold starts but has occurred at temperature as well) I get funny RPM bounces/behavior.

Feels like car is drowning as if going to shut off until it somehow catches its breath and comes right back. Don’t think it has anything to do with Traction Control.

Kinda sucks, makes you wonder what kind of issues we’ll see with these things when their 5-7 years old.
Sponsored

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
This is almost certainly a software issue. If anything, they'll get better with 5-7 years of updates.
Hope that’s the case.

But still It’s weird, car turns on but immediately acts like it’s going to shut off ( I would dare to say car even shakes a little like if it were to be running out of gas and then boom) comes right back. Has done it to me at least 10 out of the 30 times I’ve driven it.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hope that’s the case.

But still It’s weird, car turns on but immediately acts like it’s going to shut off ( I would dare to say car even shakes a little like if it were to be running out of gas and then boom) comes right back. Has done it to me at least 10 out of the 30 times I’ve driven it.
It'd be really interesting to see an Ecutek or JB4 log from this when it happens.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I have a 2020 3.0 and am having this issue, first noticed after getting brake recall done and flashing a custom Ecutek tune soon after.

Happens more often in my highest power map and always at low rpm, usually from a stop. Notice it most when not in sport mode.
can you or anyone catch this happening in a log with ecutek, mhd, bm3 or Mg being used as the logger. if on MHD or Ecutek, reset logging parameters to DEFAULT before trying. email it to me. i think i know what it is, but my car never does it, so i need to see logs of it happening to verify

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
can you or anyone catch this happening in a log with ecutek, mhd, bm3 or Mg being used as the logger. if on MHD or Ecutek, reset logging parameters to DEFAULT before trying. email it to me. i think i know what it is, but my car never does it, so i need to see logs of it happening to verify
Hey- that's what I said.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
what is your guess on the cause?

A90.Trooper

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I have a couple logs back from November when I was noticing the issue a lot more, but I can't for the life of me remember if it happened during those logs or if I just missed it. Would those still be of use or I could start logging when I begin my drives now and try to zero in on it.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
I have a couple logs back from November when I was noticing the issue a lot more, but I can't for the life of me remember if it happened during those logs or if I just missed it. Would those still be of use or I could start logging when I begin my drives now and try to zero in on it.
I would need a logbwith the issue for sure happening in the the log.

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
It'd be really interesting to see an Ecutek or JB4 log from this when it happens.
Exactly, wish I had a jb4 or ECU tek but it definitely feels like low fuel pressure

A90.Trooper

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Exactly, wish I had a jb4 or ECU tek but it definitely feels like low fuel pressure
Was trying to log this morning but now the Ecutek app wont recognize my vehicle, think its because of an update they released a few days ago. Going to connect the laptop later and try to log that way.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
Was trying to log this morning but now the Ecutek app wont recognize my vehicle, think its because of an update they released a few days ago. Going to connect the laptop later and try to log that way.
Fingers crossed you pick something up. It would come in handy when raising to Toyota for a warranty claim.

Ive been trying to observe different scenarios that the Z4 owners have described. Used to think it only happens from a complete standstill, but now have an incident of brief hesitation as the car was creeping without throttle input. My sensor logs show the car dropped from 2nd gear into 1st, and fuel pressure stayed low despite the throttle pedal being at 22.

Read that one bmw dealer thinks the occurrences on a Z4 are due to “a fault caused by incorrect application valve timing in the DSC.” , requiring a software update from BMW. But don’t know if that would affect start up issues as well (for my case). So far my local dealer has heard nothing on a pending software update.

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Well here is hoping for a solution ... happened for 3rd time here coming out of garage minute after cold start, car actually stalled and went into netural, turned back on and all is good

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Well here is hoping for a solution ... happened for 3rd time here coming out of garage minute after cold start, car actually stalled and went into netural, turned back on and all is good
No log?
Sponsored