Throttle hesitation

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Throttle hesitation for about a second and a half has happened to me a few times after full stop (engine running cold). Turning into oncoming traffic, usually from a steeper grade uphill or downhill. In normal mode with all the nannies on on a stock 2022 3.0 premium.
Sponsored

Fuji808

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal Supra Premium
The update can be quite a procedure. My Toyota mechanic took quite a few hours to comfortably and safely update the ecu. So I think you have to book a separate appointment.
okay, thanks for the warning B54

SkySupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
after two cold start stalls, i've been monitoring the effects of cold start with vsc off for the past 300 miles. so far, so good.

i still wait for the second rpm drop to 700 before driving.
i've noticed that with vsc initially off on cold start, the throttle control is more responsive...no hint of lag or hesitation. just don't forget to turn vsc on later.

my free oil change is on monday and i do hope they update the software
I have noticed this too when I turn TC off the pedal response seems to be a lot faster and without any sense of power getting cut off. I guess it's the job of TC to make sure I don't do something stupid, but maybe it's being too cautious and causing throttle delay once in a while. Hard to prove since no one can reproduce this problem consistently...

Joe.colucci98

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
Happens to me pretty much at least once a day, whether in comfort or sport mode . Seems like TC is definitely not he issue. Seems more like an air issue. Cars stock with 16k miles on it, anyone take there’s to the dealership yet and get any answers? Kinda ridiculous it’s happening on brand new cars. Pretty sketchy too, multiple times I’ve gone to pull out from a stop and almost got t-boned due to no throttle response.

KAREEMMK5

First Name
Kareem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
I have noticed this too when I turn TC off the pedal response seems to be a lot faster and without any sense of power getting cut off. I guess it's the job of TC to make sure I don't do something stupid, but maybe it's being too cautious and causing throttle delay once in a while. Hard to prove since no one can reproduce this problem consistently...
AD780FFC-2C2A-402A-9A19-1B1F7EC6AA37.png

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Happens to me pretty much at least once a day, whether in comfort or sport mode . Seems like TC is definitely not he issue. Seems more like an air issue. Cars stock with 16k miles on it, anyone take there’s to the dealership yet and get any answers? ...
The vehicle has been updated to latest version: S18T-22-03-535.
Previous version: S18T-21-11-530.

Need some more road time to conclude if it has been fixed now.
To this date, issue still not reproduced after update.
Universe not jinxed for once :p

Joe.colucci98

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
Thanks for update B54. Going to try to get down to dealership this week and see if I can get an ecu update

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
Happens to me pretty much at least once a day, whether in comfort or sport mode . Seems like TC is definitely not he issue. Seems more like an air issue. Cars stock with 16k miles on it, anyone take there’s to the dealership yet and get any answers? Kinda ridiculous it’s happening on brand new cars. Pretty sketchy too, multiple times I’ve gone to pull out from a stop and almost got t-boned due to no throttle response.
Avoid dealership, they don't know what they're doing with these cars. Toyota should be held liable and pay bmw to fix it for you. My .2 cents.

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
Had this happen today twice, back to back at the beginning of my drive this morning. Pedal felt mushy and the car wouldn't budge then randomly jolted forward. The car is stock btw.

Fuji808

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had this happen today twice, back to back at the beginning of my drive this morning. Pedal felt mushy and the car wouldn't budge then randomly jolted forward. The car is stock btw.
Was your TC/VSC on or off when you started driving?

Fuji808

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes, i keep TC on when I first start driving that day. The car felt like it was building boost but not moving
Experiment with TC off on first startup and as you begin your drive. Turn TC on later into your drive. Please let us know if it makes any difference or you notice better throttle response. Thanks!

Hywired

First Name
Vago
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium “Turbulence Gray”
I get this too, generally on a cold start. I've found that shifting into second gear when it does it lets you pull away normally. Definitely a bit of a PITA though.
Thank you for the advice on shifting in to second gear, but yes it seems to happen right after cold starts!!

Hywired

First Name
Vago
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium “Turbulence Gray”
I got sick and tired of cold starting my car in the morning and letting it warm up for a good 15 minutes and almost stalling out turning into oncoming traffic trying to get out of my neighborhood.
The next morning I thought maybe I was being too gentle with the car letting it just warm up barely giving it gas past idling, so I started thinking that this is a high-performance sports car. This morning after letting it warm up and backing it out of my driveway that’s when I started to I rev the hell out of it. The first couple days I did this it did the stalling out thing but in Park. The harder I feathered the gas the more bogged out and started to stall out. Then after a few more days I started driving it around my block before I hit the main road as soon as the car kicked in the gear and stop stalling and never had the stalling problem all day long.

It seems I don’t really have this stalling problem anymore after I back out of the driveway put it in park and rev the hell out of it before I takeoff in the morning. I know this isn’t a fix there’s definitely something wrong. My car is 2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium with 1,600 miles on the odometer. It started doing this two weeks after I purchased the car.

For all of us to be having this problem I think it rolls out with a lot of us thought personally was wrong with the car. Bad gas, Bad air filter, and so on. if no one had their gas filter replaced before this started happening then it must be A bad part from the factory. If they’re saying it’s software then they must be thinking that every single one of us are tuning their cars and they’re wanting to do a software patch to fix something that has to do with tuning but for us who have never tune their car and are still stock. I’m at a loss.
Sponsored