Sponsored

Constantine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1977 Datsun 280Z, 2021 Supra 3.0
This rarely happens to me but it did it on Friday on my way home from work. Did it for about 2 miles of a lot of stop and go. I could barely even power brake it. As a test, I hit the traction control button and the problem instantly went away. Not sure if that will work for everyone but would be curious to hear if it does work for the majority.
Having the same issue occasionally. Turning off the TCS did seemed to fix it right away. 2021 3.0 Premium.

Sbkhoun

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ctr -> Mkv
MODS:
ECUTek tune
Catless DP
Intake
___

This issue happened to me today as well, throttle response was lacking here and there and all of a sudden lost of power when I was going 55mph, tried giving more throttle but nothing happened, my speed was dropping. I had to cost 6mph to the nearest safety area(luckily it was close). Restarted the car 3 times and the car wouldn't Rev past 1200 rpm. I then used the ECUtek obd2 reader tool and found out that the car went into valet mode, I disabled it and now it's normal again.

Hope this helps,
`SB

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
Iā€™ve been trying to keep a mental log when this happens and it seems that it happens when my wheels first lose traction in the wet each time after starting the car. I after that I get the throttle issue, even if there is no wheel spin. Is like the car recognizes a wet condition and then pre-acts to prevent the car from spinning the wheels.

IDK. just adding to the database.

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been trying to keep a mental log when this happens and it seems that it happens when my wheels first lose traction in the wet each time after starting the car. I after that I get the throttle issue, even if there is no wheel spin. Is like the car recognizes a wet condition and then pre-acts to prevent the car from spinning the wheels.

IDK. just adding to the database.
You should let your dealership know of your issues. Definitely keep a log of it and see if you can record it on video.

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah. I know I should but I donā€™t trust them to tie my shoes. Last time it took 3 hours fir them to program my new key.

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok. I went around a wet corner today at low speed but enough for the rear tires spin, Iā€™m assuming they spun at different rates because the TC did not kick on. Right after that the hesitation started. I was in normal mode with TC on. I turned it off (one push) and the problem seemed to go away.

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is there a such thing on this engine management as preemptive throttle with TC On?

The reason I ask, is because if Iā€™m in normal mode or sport mode, with tractor control on, on roads that have slick conditions, like after it has rained, and I turn a corner and the wheels spin even a little bit, from that point forward my throttle issue presents itself.

Understand that there is barely any throttle being applied win the wheel spins. It feels like the tires only spinning a quarter revolution before it stops. The traction control light does not blink on when this happens, but after I do spin, even this little bit, the problem presents itself.

with TC off, none of these issues present themselves.

itā€™s as if the car knows the roads are slippery and it now holds back the throttle response in order to prevent further traction loss.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Is there a such thing on this engine management as preemptive throttle with TC On?

The reason I ask, is because if Iā€™m in normal mode or sport mode, with tractor control on, on roads that have slick conditions, like after it has rained, and I turn a corner and the wheels spin even a little bit, from that point forward my throttle issue presents itself.

Understand that there is barely any throttle being applied win the wheel spins. It feels like the tires only spinning a quarter revolution before it stops. The traction control light does not blink on when this happens, but after I do spin, even this little bit, the problem presents itself.

with TC off, none of these issues present themselves.

itā€™s as if the car knows the roads are slippery and it now holds back the throttle response in order to prevent further traction loss.
Great question. I experienced this yesterday. Wet road, traction halfway off (one button push) .

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I've never experienced this issue exactly as it's being described, I can punch the car as hard as I want from a dead stop and what I feel is instant throttle response and then an immediate intervention from the TCS system that says "Whoa bud, calm down" . I do have slight hiccups when going WOT at lower speeds such as 20, 30, 40, 50, while Traction Control is turned on. At this point I've done enough testing to know that my issue is 100% the traction control, the fact that I'm tuned making 500+ WTQ, and the fact that I'm on factory tires and it only happens at low WOT pulls all leads to the TCS. Anything above 60 and I can go WOT all day long and no hiccups, turn off traction control and I can go WOT from 20, 30, 40, 50 all day long, I just have to be really careful because the lower the speed the more the risk.

It definitely seems like there are two drastically different issues people are posting about in this thread. One is obviously the TCS causing issues when it shouldn't by being overly intrusive, and the other actually seems to be a throttle position issue that isn't related at all, the issue Jay was having before Toyota bought his car back.

Philp

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I had it really bad the other day and managed to snag a video after it did it 2 stop signs in a row. The pedal was mashed as soon as you see the mph increase, even before i decided to open my mouth. I saw no traction control blinking until it finally caught its breath in the higher RPMs. Pardon my useless commentary!

BoostLyfe

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Toyota supra
I had it really bad the other day and managed to snag a video after it did it 2 stop signs in a row. The pedal was mashed as soon as you see the mph increase, even before i decided to open my mouth. I saw no traction control blinking until it finally caught its breath in the higher RPMs. Pardon my useless commentary!

[/QUOTE

Have you had the recall done just curious? Mine used to do this more frequently hasn't in awhile. 12k miles now on a jb4 21 supra i have not had recall done no issues so far.

Philp

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Yep - recall has been done, but no luck fixing it. I was hoping theyā€™d sneak a fix in with the recall but it has done this before and after ?