Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Mounting hard point of the chassis are a pain in the ass for every designer. Knocking them from a concept into an actual car they need to work around the chassis. That's why they can't go too fast in the concept car it will crumble lol. Hope someone does a body kit to mimic the concept.
We have a huge thread on the matter, but I think it still looks a little off because of the short wheelbase.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/duke-dynamics-has-a-widebody-ft-1-kit-for-your-supra.5018/

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Im getting Lotus vibes from this concept

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
I like the front end of the older concept better.

20211214_bev_39-jpg.jpg
Yep. The original concept front end looks 100% better than the second version which looks a bit too busy at the front end, at the rear side vents behind the doors and all over the rear end.

Also, two thin strips of glass in the roof in an EV two seater sports car...? I'd prefer a solid aluminum or solid carbon fiber roof instead. With all the need to reduce curb weight in EV I really don't understand the obsession with glass roofs over solid roofs. That goes even more so for a sports car design.

Also they need to ditch that steering yoke pronto and put in a regular round steering wheel. Yokes haven't even gone over well with Tesla Model S buyers so much so that the company reverted to a normal standard steering wheel and made the yoke an expensive option... which only a handful of people actually want anyway.

Aircraft have yokes and some racecars have yokes but street cars don't do well with them.

I'm interested to see how this evolves into a production version.

Last edited:

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
1698213059352.png

Transition between the 2 concepts is interesting.
The first one is the best one. The second one, from the side profile, has an easier shape to manufacture at the doors. The third one has a poorly conceived protruding thing where the much better and more elegant side ducts are on the first version.

Both the second and third versions have a too-busy rear end compared to the first one, probably... but we've never been able to see the rear end on the first version.

The first version has the best and most clean, simple and elegant front end design without question. That is the front end that will age most gracefully compared to the other two.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Those lights at the bottom of the car are going to get chipped like crazy.
Sponsored