XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
As you've mentioned the word production, are you asking if something changed in the vehicle in between that triggered a manual revision?
I don't think that's the case. I'd assume they corrected incorrect stuff, grammar, etc. Perhaps highlighted or removed EU stuff. I'd expect another revision as I highlighted in another thread bunch of incorrect stuff exists even in July version.
I did wonder about this but didn't care too much. Now you're forcing me to compare :p
Sponsored

GT-3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2018 991.2 GT3, 1996 993 GT2, 1972 911 S/T, 1973 911 RSR tribute
As you've mentioned the word production, are you asking if something changed in the vehicle in between that triggered a manual revision?
I don't think that's the case. I'd assume they corrected incorrect stuff, grammar, etc. Perhaps highlighted or removed EU stuff. I'd expect another revision as I highlighted in another thread bunch of incorrect stuff exists even in July version.
I did wonder about this but didn't care too much. Now you're forcing me to compare :p

This^.......they simply edited translation issues and errors in previous version and will continue to release new version, original versions with mistakes will be collectors items ha ha

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
^^^ I would agree if it was just a revision change. But it literally says production starting July. Why wouldn’t everyone just get latest version?

GT-3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2018 991.2 GT3, 1996 993 GT2, 1972 911 S/T, 1973 911 RSR tribute
^^^ I would agree if it was just a revision change. But it literally says production starting July. Why wouldn’t everyone just get latest version?
They start writing these long before even pre production mules are produced.......specs change and translations are many times misinterpreted. No conspiracy exists, just simply mistakes.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
If you have PDF software, try a file comparison? I’m not near a computer today but that’s what I’d do.
That would be awesome if you could!

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well, I'm comparing now. So many changes.

Right off the bat, they removed the following in the new version:
The manufacturer of the vehicle recommends that you entrust corresponding procedures to Toyota. If you choose to use another service facility, Toyota recommends use of a facility that performs work, for instance maintenance and repair, according to Toyota specifications with properly trained personnel, referred to in this Owner's Manual as "another qualified service center or repair shop".

Corrected bunch of spelling mistakes. some funny ones.
Changed/organized few categories
Updated some voice recognition wording for emergency conditions.
Lots of corrections on the pre-collision, detection, warning, etc. safety systems stuff.
Adaptive Cruise Control -> Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
Crossing traffic warning -> RCTA (Rear cross traffic alert)
Removed a section about "Performance Control":
To increase maneuverability, wheels are braked individually when a sporty driving style is
used. The resulting braking power is simultaneously largely compensated by an engine intervention.
Additions to Reference Section:
Added Cooling Type! : “Antifreeze and Corrosion Inhibitor Frostox HT-12”
Added Transmission Oil!: "Automatic Gearbox Oil ATF 3+"
Added some disclosure for "Car-Sharing Module"​

Can't capture everything here...but nothing of great importance that would indicate any changes in the configuration of the car that I was able to see..

I've used free version of https://www.diffchecker.com/

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
I believe this was discussed before and it was just fixing typos and bad translations.

OP
OP
hanswurst24

hanswurst24

First Name
Hendrik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Updated first post with new manuals from 07/2020+

pav911

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Range Rover, Mini JCW
I was on my Toyota app today and there was 3 different versions of the owners manual with production months. March-June. July-Oct
And Nov-

can anybody advise on what changed in each production period?

05970572-5476-430F-93BD-DA31980E8FF4.png
Hi. Which app is that on please as I can't find any manuals on the MyT or Supra Connect Apps? thx

pav911

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Range Rover, Mini JCW
It’s Called “Toyota owners” app. Type your vin number in and it will automatically display your car and all the stuff for it. It’s awesome!
We don't get that here in the UK.