Toyota Launches Exclusive GR Supra A91-CF Edition for 2022

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
It may just be my taste but I’ll be the first to say - these CF pieces look terrible. Maybe I am being overly critical. The sides of the front splitter completely ruin the front bumper for me, protruding past the wheels/tires considerably. Looks out of place, compared to relatively subdued rocker panels that I could live with. No factory rock guards? That would have been a better use for half the the material on top of each of the sides of the splitter. I’m sure it would look significantly more proportional with a 19x10 front and 19x10.5/11 rear.
Completely agree with this assessment. Of course if you're buying this to actually put on a track, and Toyota did their due diligence and truly put this thing in a wind tunnel to develop functional aero components, you probably don't care much about what the additions looks like as long as they do what Toyota is claiming. Regardless, seems like you could do better with aftermarket stuff. Verus Engineering has some interesting aero components that would seem to replicate what Toyota is trying to do here:

https://www.verus-engineering.com/shop/category/toyota-supra-mk5-aerodynamics-62
Sponsored

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
For those interested, while I couldn't find Toyota Press livestream on YouTube nor Toyota's site, I found it live here (June 02 - between 10am - 1pm eastern US timezone -- I don't know if they'll talk about the Supra, if they do, it may be until the end)

EDIT: As of 11:08am est - they gave a glimpse of the A91 supra. Aside from the Carbon Fiber bits shown in the pictures above, no changes.

Last edited:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Looks like the only difference are the pieces on the bottom of the car, and the red and black interior instead of blue and black. I quite like the Japanese interior. Will be interesting to see if the splitter and sideskirts will be available separately.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I'm a sucker for OEM quality tested stuff...wonder how much I will be able to get those pieces for....

cactusA91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
81Celica Supra(1st Car)/Taco/Ghia/A91 Wannabe
Well that was a whole lot of nothing. So 600 special edition units...is that it? Any "regular" 3.0 or 2.0's as well? Colors? Sheesh.

The "GR" 86 looks interesting. Manual. Engine upgrade. Wonder if that will be tuneable?

zstokes

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Focus, but looking around intently
A91 buyers in blue should be happy. No special colors for the CF is kind of a head scratcher.

2021 buyers overall should be happy that there are no major changes to chassis or power train.

The 86 took all the air out of this announcement, nothing really to see here for Supra fans.

cactusA91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
All models with premium audio add full screen Apple Car Play® compatibility.

Interesting. Wondering if that's an upgrade we can get.

cactusA91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Watching "live" stream. Only 3 colors for Supra 2022. Yellow, grey, white....i think. Still sucking my first coffee down.
Sponsored