Toyota "Preparing" Hotter Supra GRMN, Says Chief Engineer

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
LMAO! Are you serious? The only 1000whp MKV's you are gonna see are those with a 2JZ swap. The BMW B58 has been around for a while now and the most you can make from it with bolt ons, tune and even an aftermarket turbo will be what...700hp? I don't know which part of your @SS did you pull 1000whp from a B58 from.
Why aim for 1000? 3000 is better.
Sponsored

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I dont know many people who go for more than bolt ons in a commuter sedan with the factory warranty still intact. Not to mention, real tunes have just recently been possible.
It took many many years for the 2jz to reach 1000hp.
It took many many years for the 2JZ to reach 1000hp because the aftermarket and technology was still in its infancy with the 6 cylinder engines....especially foreign 6 cylinder engines. There has been sooo many advancements made since the 2JZā€™s time for big HP, that even 4 cylinder Subaruā€™s are at 1000hp now with the aftermarket.

The reason you donā€™t see 1000hp BMW B58 engines all over the internet is because those engines werenā€™t offered in cars for burger-flipping F&F addicted teenagers...they were offered in luxury cars that no one cared about tuning or modifying. Just like the MKIV and SC300. One saw way more attention to tuning and modifying than the other (even though the base engine was basically the same) because SC300 owners wanted ass-comfortable leather seats rather than 1000hp adrenaline. That doesnā€™t mean they are not capable....that just means no one was interested in modifying their cars, therefore the aftermarket wasnā€™t interested either. Business 101...supply and demand. Now, you can barely find a 2JZ in any car that isnā€™t modified heavily because the demand is there. Demographics plays a huge role in the tuner world.

Lastly, how do you know Toyota hasnā€™t made dramatic changes to their version of the motor in MKV....ā€™IFā€™ thatā€™s what will be in the MKV??? Something so simple as changing the BMW bearings to Toyota bearings can dramatically change the characteristics of a BMW for high HP builds. I am pretty sure Toyota hasnā€™t stopped there. Iā€™ll let your imagination run with that for now.

Btw, ignore idiotic posts about Porsche GT3ā€™s and supercars, these will not be the MKVā€™s targets out of the box....most of these ā€œnewā€ forum members have the same IP addresses and client-side information on these forums...ask me how I know :D. Yeah, super trolls!

Last edited:

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Just stop. You are fanboying for the sake of fanboyism. How do I know that Toyota hasn't made any dramatic changes to the B58? Lol what you expect them to offer forged pistons, rods and crank where the Z4 comes with standard aluminum ones? Dude get real. The two cars are being built side by side. They share the exact same engine and transmission. The amount of tuning you see with the other BMW B58 cars (M240i, 340i, 440i, Z4 M40i) is gonna be the exact same thing as you get with the Supra MKV. Intakes, downpipes, exhaust, chargepipes and the biggest power adder...a tune like a JB4. But even with all that, you won't be anywhere near 1000whp. At the most probably like 400-450whp. Next step up will be a turbo upgrade and that won't be cheap.
I will give you $100 if you can prove they will be exactly the same. Until then youre talking out your ass
<- Bmw fanboy btw

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will give you $100 if you can prove they will be exactly the same. Until then youre talking out your ass
<- Bmw fanboy btw
Heā€™s trolling bro, trust me. His client-side info appears in several places just like the other ā€œnewā€ members. Donā€™t waste your time....tomorrow he will probably be ā€œMKVLoverā€ then ā€œMKV4Lifeā€ then etc...

All this and folks think Iā€™m still talking about base model MKVā€™s.

Last edited:

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
See FRS/BRZ/GT86. Same exact engines and transmissions. If you think Toyota will somehow use different engine components, you are incredibly naive. It's been shown by so many articles that they share the same platform, engine and trans. At the most, Toyota will change the shift-feel and shift-speed The engine will just have different throttle response.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-n...nsmission-is-still-on-the-table-ar182638.html

"But it does sport specific tuning settings for the suspension, throttle response, shift points of the ZF transmission, and even some, less noticeable, engine mods."
Youre naive if you think journalists know the answers

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
And you are a nothing more than delusional fanboy. 1000whp soon after the MK5 comes out? Lay off the drugs man. I am not gonna be a fanboy like you and think this car is the second coming of Christ. I plan on getting one but have my expectations a little more grounded in reality.
"way sooner than anyone thinks." not soon
reading iz hard

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
You really are dumb if you think a MK5 will make 1000whp "way sooner than anyone thinks".
Never said it will, just another example of reading comprehension issues
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=901686

Another source. Now your comment will be "Ooh a forum post. You are naive if you think that's a reliable source" or something like that. If you look at that post it goes back over year and he has been correct in the past before commenting like a MK5 fanboy.
Still not a confirmation

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
"way sooner than anyone thinks." not soon
reading iz hard
Donā€™t respond to him anymore, heā€™s pulling your chains. Your wasting your time...there are more like him, believe me.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
The 2JZ doesnt make anymore than mid 400s MAX on the stock turbos so i dont see the big deal here.

It require bigger turbos. Fuel. Cooling etc for 1000whp. Its not like downpipe and turn up the boost and weeee 1 zillion horespowerzzzz

The B58 will also require turbos fuel etc for big power. So everyone calm down.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I didn't say you said it. But @PerformanceSound did. Don't know why you are replying to me when he was the one who made these baseless speculations. Do you guys share a bed or something? Go to any BMW forum and see what a B58 puts out. As a matter of fact, here is one;

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1415632

That's with a tune (biggest power adder to any BMW engine aside from a standalone turbo kit), meth, intake, and downpipe. Also you said

"I dont know many people who go for more than bolt ons in a commuter sedan with the factory warranty still intact. Not to mention, real tunes have just recently been possible."

Clearly you haven't been around in the BMW car scene. Tons of people with 340i sedans have them modified and use them as a daily driver. Especially here in LA where I live.
Still not confirmation [/QUOTE]

Well it's better than a baseless useless speculation.[/QUOTE]
No we disagree on 99% of things.

I said more than bolt ons, I daily drove a FBO 335i for years

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The 2JZ doesnt make anymore than mid 400s MAX on the stock turbos so i dont see the big deal here.

It require bigger turbos. Fuel. Cooling etc for 1000whp. Its not like downpipe and turn up the boost and weeee 1 zillion horespowerzzzz

The B58 will also require turbos fuel etc for big power. So everyone calm down.
Thank you!

No one said the MKV will come from the factory with 1000hp.

E46 M3ā€™s were making 1000hp years ago with aftermarket support....like you said, big turboā€™s, fuel systems, etc... Those motors (just like the 2JZ) had to upgrade their internals to handle 1000hp. Even MKIV owners today upgrade their internals for 650-700hp+.

Turbo technology, fuel systems, forging, etc... in todayā€™s aftermarket makes 1000hp builds easy and quick. Throw in new fuels E85 and such, and 1000hp is not only easily made....itā€™s more reliable than ever!

Anyone who thinks the MKV Supra (in any trim) wonā€™t be in the 1000hp range soon after itā€™s release with all the support available today in the aftermarket is just being obtuse.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
The B58 has factory forged rods, crank (and iirc, pistons) from factory.

You can hit 1000hp with a stock bottom end 2JZ but it's lifespan will be measured in weeks. Rods are the first to go, then main caps. Assuming you've done pistons. If you want any sort of longevity you need to open the bottom end up, regardless of what some poser on YouTube has read on the internet.

Remember that supras and JZ are far more common here than the US, we've been playing with them a lot.

Same deal for the stroker kits. They introduce harmonics at high rpm that will constantly crack the crank snout.

I'm not bashing the JZ. It's a great, robust platform, especially given its age (I have had 5-6 of them, currently only two and a 7M ) - but "OmG 1400 hp On A sToCk EnGiNe" is not truly representative.

Last edited:

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I'm not so sure, I've seen some N55s cracking 750hp at the wheels on a measly 25psi... There isn't a good catalogue of modified B58... But I'm keen to see people start pushing the envelope. I'm a fan of bmw engines so fingers crossed they're capable of some good shit