Toyota releases 2024 GR Supra colors & pricing (+2k MSRP)

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 MT, '23 BRZ, '06 RX-8
Yes, that module costs Toyota almost $2,000
So +$6k on trans and +$2k on ACC module....$8k total savings on MT over AT, no wonder Toyota had the budget to R&D that perfectly weighted 200g shift knob 💩
Sponsored

AayVeee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
does anyone know if canada will also go through price increases as well? afaik we increased prices last year by 2K

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
So +$6k on trans and +$2k on ACC module....$8k total savings on MT over AT, no wonder Toyota had the budget to R&D that perfectly weighted 200g shift knob 💩
They're still likely losing millions on the project, and personally, 300-400gr is the IDEAL knob weight for this shift linkage. Try it and you'll see.

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
The reality is we do not know what the true savings are without the actual cost that Toyota pays from the parts supplier. These are just based off how much the parts cost from the dealer.

The loss of certain colours or options are likely more about streamlining the build and lowering the cost of production. This is not like Porsche with over a dozen colours and options out the whazoo, this is a passion project and one that might not be repeated.

I am sad I won’t be able to order the yellow, at least the blue is still offered and now with a non-black interior.

Mauiboy406

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra, 23 Sienna, 24 Supra-allocation pending
well, as disappointing as the 45th edition is, and now throw on the price increase. the only option that looks exclusive to the 45th to "justify" the cost is the heads up display.

unless its another typo on the build sheet that is.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
This is not like Porsche with over a dozen colours and options out the whazoo, this is a passion project and one that might not be repeated.
Passion project.. this isn't a high school. It's a multi-national corporation trying to make money. FFS people. Wake up.

tonymimi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 yellow 3.0 AT premium
its sad they get rid of nitro yellow, but it make sense. I would say only 1 out of 10 Supra on street is in yellow and I am a huge fan of yellow. Although they do look good in person.

spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
981 Boxster GTS, LX570
Passion project.. this isn't a high school. It's a multi-national corporation trying to make money. FFS people. Wake up.
Toyota never expected to turn a significant profit from this venture. It was intended to be a halo car to bolster their lineup.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
1) but their mindset/limitation is built on exclusivity whatever the reason may be, either imposed by BMW/Magna or just Toyota's envision..
They could make a lot more, but point 1 pulls them back....
When they said there'll be special editions, upgrades, etc. I don't think anyone assumed they'd keep getting rid of existing highly liked colors and whatnot.
I still cannot grasp why they removed HUD on A91 and whatever. like why? if chip shortage, ok maybe, if else, then pure BS.
Toyota giveth SE and taketh HUD.
They're already building 1 single car every other day or something using same colors as BMW in shared facility. You're already not able to custom order things, so.. Profiting is not what they're in it for, I'd say..

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
As far as im aware I have never seen a car go through so many changes in one generation ever. From 2020 till now they had pretty big changes every year i dont know if its to make a model year feel special than other but so far they seem to have been getting rid of more favorable choices by the year… but hey we wanted some colored interior so now they give a tan leather like youd find in a lexus sedan or suv that people daily drive, god forbid they put back a red interior on a sport car🤷🏽‍♂️. My only regret was not being able to afford the yellow all these years my only hope now is they bring a normal orange premium for 2025 like the ones japan got but who knows wtf to expect with Toyota

VolcanicAshGrey

First Name
Isu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2023
am i alone in hoping there's a mistake and the cognac interior isn't available? i thought it was special only being available for the A91 MTs (in the US)..

and the 45th being $64375???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Not really. It's just a regional thing. I have a Strat Blue AT with cognac interior.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I still cannot grasp why they removed HUD on A91 and whatever. like why?
LOL. That one is easy.. its the same reason we have our mirrors fold down 71% or leave a car with wind buffeting issues after three model years or the idiotic unsyncable climate control.

THEY DON'T CARE.

Profiting is not what they're in it for, I'd say..
You're really not paying attention. If these cars didn't sell because of any of the faults listed above, they would've been fixed.. immediately. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS SALES. FFS. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Toyota is in it to make the shareholders money - that's it. If Toyota bean counters worked out that the bullshit 45th Edition.. like all the bullshit "A91" Special Editions will sell just fine with a price increase and a reduction in equipment then that's what they will do.

How is this not obvious?

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Toyota never expected to turn a significant profit from this venture. It was intended to be a halo car to bolster their lineup.
I don't buy it. At the end of the day even a "halo car" has to do some work. If the car isn't adding to their bottom line in some way, then it's going to be nixxed very quickly.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You're really not paying attention. If these cars didn't sell because of any of the faults listed above, they would've been fixed.. immediately. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS SALES. FFS. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Toyota is in it to make the shareholders money - that's it. If Toyota bean counters worked out that the bullshit 45th Edition.. like all the bullshit "A91" Special Editions will sell just fine with a price increase and a reduction in equipment then that's what they will do.

How is this not obvious?
There's flooding the market profit and then there's selling 5K/annually profit..
Car2022 sales
Supra5k
C838k
Porsche 7183.5k
Z262 🤣
Z41.5k

Whatevs
Sponsored