Toyota Should Be ASHAMED - Pathetic parts support

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
I ordered a strut tower brace bar from Evasive 2 months ago. They charged my card but still have an estimated delivery of "early May". ๐Ÿ˜ก
Everything is on backorder they won't fill orders without money
Sponsored

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
Hell, no one is filling orders with money. Shits fucked. Just how it is.
Yeah if so dealers I know fill on the spot but its backlogged until available

OP
OP
j50gt

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
Work at tier 1. OEMs big and small cancel orders because they are stopping production then turn around in the same week and order double and they need it yesterday.

Raw materials, labor costs more than doubled.

But yes please tell us how you watched that nova episode about japanese auto factories in the 1980s and are now an expert in global manufacturing logistics.
Yes, please tell us you're the only one with manufacturing/supply chain experience. :rolleyes:

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Yeah sorry, not buying it and you can GFY. There are plenty of people in this thread alone talking about not being able to get parts that have nothing to do with chip shortages. Ships being stuck at ports is only happening in CA, do you really think parts built in Germany/Austria are being shipped the wrong way around the planet? You, like some of the other idiots in this thread, would rather stick up for Toyota's poor supply chain management for this program, rather than face the reality of how badly they've dropped the ball. I'm sure you'll all be changing your tune when something goes wrong with your car and it's potentially bricked for a year.
So only the CA ports are backed up? My dude there are dozens of ships sitting out at sea and I can see them from my house off the coast of Long Island. Every port is screwed. BMW halted production in Austria: https://www.motor1.com/news/573048/bmw-z4-production-pause/

Im not sticking up for anyone. But when container ships arent able to load or unload its kinda difficult for everyone. https://www.marinetraffic.com look for yourself.

I ordered kics lugnuts in December, I just got an update they wont be here until October. Lugnuts.

I lost a cylinder in my airplane. Lycoming has a 12 month back order for new cylinders. I called 50+ shops until I found and sourced one. Airplane was down for 4 months. I ordered personal flotation devices in November they wont be here until May. Shipping and manufacturing is currently fucked for all industries.

The difference between me and you is that I know Im privileged enough to have what I have. People are struggling to live right now and you are complaining about a non critical part that you probably can find if you call enough places but you expect Toyota to just do EVERYTHING at your calling. You are the type of person to say you dont want a bridge built or a road built because it would ruin your view, yet complain about traffic. You are also the type of person to move into a house next to an airport or race track and then complain that its too noisy. Get off your high horse.

OP
OP
j50gt

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
He's not saying he is, he's saying you don't.
Oh. Except I literally am senior management in a supply chain position.

OP
OP
j50gt

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
So only the CA ports are backed up? My dude there are dozens of ships sitting out at sea and I can see them from my house off the coast of Long Island. Every port is screwed. BMW halted production in Austria: https://www.motor1.com/news/573048/bmw-z4-production-pause/

Im not sticking up for anyone. But when container ships arent able to load or unload its kinda difficult for everyone. https://www.marinetraffic.com look for yourself.

I ordered kics lugnuts in December, I just got an update they wont be here until October. Lugnuts.

I lost a cylinder in my airplane. Lycoming has a 12 month back order for new cylinders. I called 50+ shops until I found and sourced one. Airplane was down for 4 months. I ordered personal flotation devices in November they wont be here until May. Shipping and manufacturing is currently fucked for all industries.

The difference between me and you is that I know Im privileged enough to have what I have. People are struggling to live right now and you are complaining about a non critical part that you probably can find if you call enough places but you expect Toyota to just do EVERYTHING at your calling. You are the type of person to say you dont want a bridge built or a road built because it would ruin your view, yet complain about traffic. You are also the type of person to move into a house next to an airport or race track and then complain that its too noisy. Get off your high horse.
Right, and you have the privilege of having a working Supra. I'm assuming you bought your (likely decades old) plane used and without warranty. You know what you're getting into there, it's not even a remotely fair comparison.

The fact that Toyota (BMW) has been building these cars for the past 6 months nullifies all your arguments. The parts are available, they could choose to allocate some for parts fulfillment, but choose not to. Toyota dealers can see all other dealer's inventory. I've gone down this road already, there are none because mine is probably the first car to have this issue. There's no demand on that p/n, so they haven't allocated anything, which is just another example of why JIT-based MFG is great as long as your supply chain isn't disrupted. This is part of Toyota's failing that you're not willing to acknowledge. I don't need Toyota to do EVERYTHING, I just need them to hold up their end of the warranty, you know, that agreement that comes with the car saying they'll fix it if it breaks? Would you have spent $60k on your Supra if it didn't come with a warranty? Nobody here would.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Lol half the community here voided their warranty before they even owned the car for a year. If the situation is bothering you, sell the car for another one that's not problematic, or get a different car if you don't want to deal with the Toyota/BMW mess.