Toyota Supra and BMW Z4 Sales Figures

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
We've said it a million times now, Toyota is having zero trouble selling these things, as almost every dealer has a waitlist. My local dealer has NINE people, and less than half will actually get a car. The only time a 3.0 isn't sold and delivered the moment it hits the lot, is when the dealer has marked it up too high.
How do we put you in charge of Toyota North America?

To whom it may concern: (insert this forum to your boss)
Sponsored

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Regardless of what happens in a few years with the A90 platform, the fact the Supra outsold the A80 and growing interest in GR products across all markets should give the suits support to invest in enthusiast models in the electrified era. Ideally, bringing down hybrid tech from GR Hypercar into electrified hybrid powertrain.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
Regardless of what happens in a few years with the A90 platform, the fact the Supra outsold the A80 and growing interest in GR products across all markets should give the suits support to invest in enthusiast models in the electrified era. Ideally, bringing down hybrid tech from GR Hypercar into electrified hybrid powertrain.
How many A80s were sold?

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
I wonder how many of those were MT's.

It's literally following the same trend as every sports car does. By the 4th and 5th years sales drop off until a new gen pops up or the car gets discontinued.
Still quite surprising given how hard it is to actually get an MT. You'd think the numbers would have stayed the same, not be cut in half compared to 2022.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I wonder how many of those were MT's.
Still quite surprising given how hard it is to actually get an MT. You'd think the numbers would have stayed the same, not be cut in half compared to 2022.
It was too bad they didnā€™t sell enough S2Kā€™s to continue that incredible platform. I think this car will go down with the S2000 for insane amount of track car for the buck. And mine is an automatic šŸ˜± - Still fun as šŸ’©

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
It was too bad they didnā€™t sell enough S2Kā€™s to continue that incredible platform. I think this car will go down with the S2000 for insane amount of track car for the buck. And mine is an automatic šŸ˜± - Still fun as šŸ’©
I donā€™t think the death of the S2k was caused by low sales. In fact Iā€™m pretty sure they sold a boatload of them. (>110k units if memory serves). Iā€™m almost certain the financial crisis is the biggest reason we never got another one. That, and a shift in Hondaā€™s overall philosophy. Just my .02.

Digitalprty

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited
When does the site update the numbers? December 2023 is still showing 0 for the US.

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
I donā€™t think the death of the S2k was caused by low sales. In fact Iā€™m pretty sure they sold a boatload of them. (>110k units if memory serves). Iā€™m almost certain the financial crisis is the biggest reason we never got another one. That, and a shift in Hondaā€™s overall philosophy. Just my .02.
I remember seeing new CRs for sale on dealer lots well into 2010.

Given the state of the industry during the GFC, I'm not surprised Honda killed the S2k. Frankly, I'm surprised that any sporty cars managed to survive development during that time. Camaro launched in 2009 for a 2010 model year despite GM's bankruptcy; Hyundai launched the Genesis Coupe in 2010.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Any updated numbers for Q1?
484 supra sold between Jan-mar of 2024.

Jan - 161
Feb - 121
Mar - 202

so far thatā€™s the only numbers out that Iā€™ve seen. And itā€™s not separated by auto or manuals. With an assumed 47% MT production per some articles itā€™s probably close to below

estimated (@47% mt production rate)
MT - 227
Auto - 257

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
I don't get what's up with the numbers lately
Sponsored