Toyota Supra finally spied testing Stateside!

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I'm still hoping for air vents. Its worth noting that the LC mule had a lot of them covered up.

Lexus-LF-CC-004.jpg

Soupraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Lexus RC F | 2017 Lexus IS300 F Sport| 2006 Tundra Double Cab Limited |2009 Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Excellent Point!! This goes to show you just how well, and to what extent they go to camouflage the details. It gives me more hope that the Supra Mules are hiding something really great under all that bulk.

Lexus-LF-CC-004.jpg

View attachment 3203

Lexus-LF-CC-004.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ If you look at the door cut out from the LC500 and the Supra mule, they do look very similar

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
In this video around the 9:40 mark, the designers said it could just be the glass that opens due to the pop-up wing.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
I can also see where they drilled a panel on, but I'm having a hard time imagining a duck there with such a small space between the door and wheel arch.
it could look something like the Z06 :dunno:

2015-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-coupe-pricing-placement-626x382.jpg

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Here's a thought, what if they integrated the air intake into the door itself.

1hUJZUo.jpg
it depends, personally I think it might be cheesy if there is a random vent on the door as opposed to being part of the rear fender or side skirts, which is probably why no one else has done it that way..obviously the FT1's rear intake look gorgeous considering it blends the door into the rear fenders but it is hard for me to see this for a production car at our supposed price point. out of all the mid-range performance cars currently in production, the rear intake on cayman/boxster come closest to the FT1 but you see how much space there is between the end of the door to the start of the rear wheel arches as opposed to the super short rear fenders on the supra mule..personally i have always figured that the rear intake would be taken out of the production car, but i hope toyota & bmw prove me wrong.

Porsche-Cayman-GTS.jpg

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
it depends, personally I think it might be cheesy if there is a random vent on the door as opposed to being part of the rear fender or side skirts, which is probably why no one else has done it that way..obviously the FT1's rear intake look gorgeous considering it blends the door into the rear fenders but it is hard for me to see this for a production car at our supposed price point. out of all the mid-range performance cars currently in production, the rear intake on cayman/boxster come closest to the FT1 but you see how much space there is between the end of the door to the start of the rear wheel arches as opposed to the super short rear fenders on the supra mule..personally i have always figured that the rear intake would be taken out of the production car, but i hope toyota & bmw prove me wrong.
I was having a hard time picturing how a vent would look as well given the small amount of space. Maybe something like this? I also moved the wheels around to give it a shorter wheelbase and shrunk the length of the hood. But maybe someone with awesome photo shop skills do a better job :)

7o79KzX.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
2JZ-No-Sh*t

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
^That would explain why there is a panel drilled into the side of door. I think it is a good compromise of the concept's styling cues mixed with the prototype's lines and proportion.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I was having a hard time picturing how a vent would look as well given the small amount of space. Maybe something like this? I also moved the wheels around to give it a shorter wheelbase and shrunk the length of the hood. But maybe someone with awesome photo shop skills do a better job :)

7o79KzX.jpg
can't see it happening man..you have the B pillar totally wrong, that would be an insanely huge door...the hood/door/rear fender proportions on the mule are totally different so I think it is increasingly pointless to compare such things to the FT1. What you're suggesting is either they place a fake intake which would just be black plastic stuck on the door, that ain't something I would want, or they have a hole in each door kinda testarossa like but lol I don't see such an extravagent design making its way to the production car. no doubt there is still a chance they just redesign those particular details to fit into the shorter proportions since it'll be a 2 seater..

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
can't see it happening man..you have the B pillar totally wrong, that would be an insanely huge door...the hood/door/rear fender proportions on the mule are totally different so I think it is increasingly pointless to compare such things to the FT1. What you're suggesting is either they place a fake intake which would just be black plastic stuck on the door, that ain't something I would want, or they have a hole in each door kinda testarossa like but lol I don't see such an extravagent design making its way to the production car. no doubt there is still a chance they just redesign those particular details to fit into the shorter proportions since it'll be a 2 seater..
Obviously I'm not a Photoshop expert. It was just a quick 5 min Paint job effort. My original thought was kind of more like the Testarossa idea vs fake vents. Either way I still think there will be something there. Heck, I would even be ok with something like this.

IJZUbkm.png

OP
OP
2JZ-No-Sh*t

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Another idea, what if it is built into the quarter panel. Example: Z4 with aftermarket body kit.

bmw-z4-widebody-5.jpg

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Another idea, what if it is built into the quarter panel. Example: Z4 with aftermarket body kit.

bmw-z4-widebody-5.jpg
with what space?
fwhtv70exd6lstiszgqp.jpg

if they design an intake, my bet is they blend the end of the door with the rear fender....but if you look closely, just like on the C7, the rear quarter panel seems to end midway instead of being one piece with the side skirt which is the biggest evidence against rear intakes..of course that gap/line could have been merely made from the camo panels, but considering BMW hasn't tried to religiously hide any of the gaps unlike what Lexus did with the LC and since all the panel gaps seem production ready it makes it less likely. also the rear haunches, which on the ft1 was shaped entirely on the quarter panel, goes past the end of the door on the mule
Sponsored