Toyota Supra Interior Looking More Production in Latest Sighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
the 86/BRZ pretty much have a shared interior and the Miata/124 Spider are also pretty much identical..you would think with this being a more expensive platform that would result in more differentiation but I would imagine that goes against the point of sharing costs/platform/development with another company to begin with, probably hard to convince the boardroom.
I can already see some differences between the two in the comparison on page one. Different gauge cluster hood, center arm rest/cup holders, air bags, seats, and the part of the console on the driver side that sweeps up. Now I wouldnt doubt if there will be some parts shared like steering wheels, steering columns, and random controls/buttons and etc. But so far it does appear to be a little different than the typically rebadge that we have seen.
Sponsored

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ I think 1 thing to take away based on the shift knob and driver mode selection is that they may be using the DCT that BMW uses. So it looks like a DCT is going to be the transmission or 1 option at least.

It doesn't mean a BMW engine is being used but still a possibility. I believe Getrag is the DCT manufactor that BMW uses in its cars. Toyota using Getrag again would make sense since the MKIV Supra utilized the bulletproof Getrag V160 manual transmission. Imagine if they bring back the V160 as the other transmission option :headbang:.

Scuba Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S4
^ I think 1 thing to take away based on the shift knob and driver mode selection is that they may be using the DCT that BMW uses. So it looks like a DCT is going to be the transmission or 1 option at least.

It doesn't mean a BMW engine is being used but still a possibility. I believe Getrag is the DCT manufactor that BMW uses in its cars. Toyota using Getrag again would make sense since the MKIV Supra utilized the bulletproof Getrag V160 manual transmission. Imagine if they bring back the V160 as the other transmission option :headbang:.
The one in the spy pic is BMW's automatic transmission shift knob though.

This is the DCT shift knob.

car_photo_593872.jpg

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Speaking of BMW's DCT, are they any good? I recall their SMG tranny being total garbage. A good buddy brought a M6 when they first came out. The car had less than 20k on it before the tranny went out. It was still under warranty, BMW repaired it and he sold it afterwards.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I wouldnt mind the iDrive. I actually kind of like it. It works way better than the system that Lexus has.

Axios!

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I also would like to see Toyota offer a 6 speed manual and DCT/auto tranny as options to the buyers instead of only having DCT/auto as the only transmission. Wishful thinking, but Toyota can throw in a beefed up version of the Toyota 86's manual transmission and I'd buy that over the DCT/auto option.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
^Nice find, makes me wonder if its fan art or a reject by one of the designers.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I found this photo on another forum.

bmw-z5-spyshot_01.jpg
Looks pretty Bimmer to me! :D

Also, I really think that this car is getting the ZF 8-speed and NOT the DCT. Just doesn't seem likely that the Z4 would get the M only DCT until a Z4M happens. To be honest we're better off for it. The ZF box is fantastic, and it'll be more reliable and have less upkeep than a DCT.

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISSAN Silvia S15 Spec-R
Leaked just few hours ago are the official shots of the new BMW X3.
The dashboard layout that features the same Supra-like rounded LCDs for RPM and KM/H indicators is shown here at full function, as well as the big LCD in the center.
Also the steering wheel of th new BMW X3 M sport is identical in silhouette as the new Supra one shown in the latest spy pics.
Note that the new engines offered by BMW include a new 4-cyl 2.0l turbo with 248hp and a 3.0; straight-6 with more than 400hp for the M X3 coming....
Dont be surprised to see these powetrains on the new Supra with minor dofferences in specs.

2018-_BMW-_X3-26.jpg
2018-_BMW-_X3-28.jpg

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
That's a goofy looking shifter
Sponsored

Status