Toyota Supra rumored to be offered with 2.0L turbo 4-cylinder base model

Are you going to buy the 4 cylinder version?

• Total voters

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
you're an exception to the rule is all, but I 100% disagree with it being inaccurate in general
Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
you're an exception to the rule is all, but I 100% disagree with it being inaccurate in general
Always an exception to the rule but I know many folks that buy a new car and take it to the performance shop even before breakin.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
That's super rare and I wouldn't hesitate saying maybe 1-2% of people do that, and I know a shitload of people in the industry. I think that's badass, but I wouldnt even do that personally.

Most folks want to maintain warranty, so anything beyond an intake/exhaust is too invasive, hence why folks buy them off lease or right when the warranty is expiring (this is when I buy them if modding).

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I was told around $40k as recently as two weeks ago, but that was broad spectrum (not for a specific country)

still a bit steep, but I know a lot of people that would buy it if it ends up being 3000lbs or less with ~260hp.
Was that in euros or USD? So a $20k price gap between the 4 and 6 cylinder?

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
That's super rare and I wouldn't hesitate saying maybe 1-2% of people do that, and I know a shitload of people in the industry. I think that's badass, but I wouldnt even do that personally.

Most folks want to maintain warranty, so anything beyond an intake/exhaust is too invasive, hence why folks buy them off lease or right when the warranty is expiring (this is when I buy them if modding).
Hmm.. generally I agree with you for the typical mustang, Camaro buyer. Given the fact that this car is so hotly anticipated and the after market is ready to take full advantage of it, I’d be surprised the average joe even paying the premium to get into one. Only the hardcore guys that want to modify and be the first one to get into the 10s, 9s in a quarter are looking to buy.

Besides that.. you’ll also see a bunch of shops buying one to do R&D on after market products.

The regular joe that’s going to buy this and just use it as a daily won’t visit a showroom till the initial rush has passed. Maybe in a year or two. At that point... Toyota will have dealer cash to move these cars much like the Lc500 with 5k of dealer cash within a year into production.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Yeah I don't know A70, most FRS/GT86s and GTRs you see are modded to some extent, and the GTR is way more money. The Supra and GTR attract a different crowd.

Last edited:

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
I say Celica but it doesn't make sense to me. Then again, working with BMW didn't make sense at first and look where we are now.
Still doesn't make sense IMO. They spent less years developing the mk4 then this, and I don't buy that they couldn't have shared platforms with some Lexi.

Anyways, name wise, Celica wouldn't make sense without at least a reskin, and really should have a shorter wheelbase. What does that remind us of? But in this case the Supra came first so it should be called a Supra Celica lol.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Desolle the site is only in French.
I think that a mistake of brperf to have published these informations.
I took pictures in case they suprime the web pages ^^
But with a car under the 200Ch toyota replaces the GT86 by the supra GR really interesting not?

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I want to call bull not on the numbers because the boost is awesome, all around at that kind of price. The bull is in regarding the base specs and if Toyota had given them a four banger to mess around with.

But with this, I see the next few months getting hectic and after the reveal, it's just absolute madness as others get in on the mods. Great find!

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I want to call bull not on the numbers because the boost is awesome, all around at that kind of price. The bull is in regarding the base specs and if Toyota had given them a four banger to mess around with.

But with this, I see the next few months getting hectic and after the reveal, it's just absolute madness as others get in on the mods. Great find!
Maliciously he did not add the pictures of the car :rofl:

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Do you think I'm asking BRperf when the car will be on sale to do the GR supar stage 1 or I'm waiting for them to publish L6 stage 1? If the l6 it exists...
Sponsored