TPMS for the Supra

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I was in your shoes and said screw it. Spent over $200 on some Oem ones. 0 issues lol It did take me 6 months to finally order them. lol

D27194B0-9CAA-4D87-AF5E-56873BC77D4E.jpeg

C46FC87E-0DE4-44C0-BC68-D42189C9147B.jpeg
Yea I should have done this. Well hopefully the ones I have purchased from Ebay will work because the seller literally shipped them 2 hours after I purchased them. I will update the forums and let people know for future haha, worse case scenario I can pull me OEM ones from the OE wheels for the time being.
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Yea I should have done this. Well hopefully the ones I have purchased from Ebay will work because the seller literally shipped them 2 hours after I purchased them. I will update the forums and let people know for future haha, worse case scenario I can pull me OEM ones from the OE wheels for the time being.
I am sure they will be fine man. I just spent alittle more money For piece of mind. Lol

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium, 08' Tacoma 2WD, 10' FJ Cruiser
So Im hoping someone can help me out here.ā€¦ Im trying to use my previous carā€™s (Genesis G70) winter setup that have 433mHz sensors installed from Tire Rack. The wheels/sensors are not even a year old and worked flawlessly when switching them onto the G70. These are the them: Sensors

So I recently swapped these wheels onto the Supra since itā€™s been getting cold out and they wonā€™t pair. I tried the automatic pairing, no good. Then I tried the manual pairing, no good. It attempts to pair for 10+ minutes and the percentage stays at 0% the entire time and then eventually fails.

Sorry for the ignorance, but are all 433mHz not the same? And if these arenā€™t compatible with the Supra, would something like the OBDLink MX+ be able to program these into the TPMS system? Or would this be something the dealership would have to do?

Iā€™m trying to avoid having to change sensors to the BMW OEM ones since these are already installed. Thanks!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
So Im hoping someone can help me out here.ā€¦ Im trying to use my previous carā€™s (Genesis G70) winter setup that have 433mHz sensors installed from Tire Rack. The wheels/sensors are not even a year old and worked flawlessly when switching them onto the G70. These are the them: Sensors

So I recently swapped these wheels onto the Supra since itā€™s been getting cold out and they wonā€™t pair. I tried the automatic pairing, no good. Then I tried the manual pairing, no good. It attempts to pair for 10+ minutes and the percentage stays at 0% the entire time and then eventually fails.

Sorry for the ignorance, but are all 433mHz not the same? And if these arenā€™t compatible with the Supra, would something like the OBDLink MX+ be able to program these into the TPMS system? Or would this be something the dealership would have to do?

Iā€™m trying to avoid having to change sensors to the BMW OEM ones since these are already installed. Thanks!
You'll likely need to change the sensors. All manufacturers are slightly different. I watched a super interesting video on the engineering of them recently.

I highly recommend watching that if you're interested in RF signals or the TMPS system at all.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So to let anyone know, if anyone was interested in my previous post about having bought a set of TPMS Sensors off of Ebay for my new aftermarket wheels, they worked! All I had to do was go into the settings and manually choose "Other tires", I had to take it off the automatic selection the car was choosing. Then I just had to drive the car around for about 15 minutes for them to calibrate.

Here is the link to the Ebay TPMS sensors if anyone is looking to save about $70 on a set in the future!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254835814706?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I highly recommend watching that if you're interested in RF signals or the TMPS system at all.
Thanks for the video. It was an interesting watch. Didnā€™t make it through the whole thing but I think I got the gist of it.
Unfortunately the wa002s are on back order so Iā€™m gonna give the eBay ones a shot.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Thanks for the video. It was an interesting watch. Didnā€™t make it through the whole thing but I think I got the gist of it.
Unfortunately the wa002s are on back order so Iā€™m gonna give the eBay ones a shot.
its like 20 minutes! But it does get a little heady if youā€™re not a software engineer.

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So to let anyone know, if anyone was interested in my previous post about having bought a set of TPMS Sensors off of Ebay for my new aftermarket wheels, they worked! All I had to do was go into the settings and manually choose "Other tires", I had to take it off the automatic selection the car was choosing. Then I just had to drive the car around for about 15 minutes for them to calibrate.

Here is the link to the Ebay TPMS sensors if anyone is looking to save about $70 on a set in the future!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254835814706?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Thanks a lot for the link to these. Just got them installed this morning and they worked perfectly. The installer didnā€™t need to program them since they come preprogrammed from the vendor and they paired with the car in about 2-3 minutes. Couldnā€™t be happier with how smoothly it went. Plus I saved like $75 so an awesome score :thumbsup:

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks a lot for the link to these. Just got them installed this morning and they worked perfectly. The installer didnā€™t need to program them since they come preprogrammed from the vendor and they paired with the car in about 2-3 minutes. Couldnā€™t be happier with how smoothly it went. Plus I saved like $75 so an awesome score :thumbsup:
Glad to help, it's always nice to save a little bit here and there haha.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
wa01 or wa02 they both work same.
My dealership says otherwise. lol
They only show wa02 working for my 2020. I donā€™t want to go to the trouble finding out affer the tires are mounted

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
If it helps anybody. I just installed my winter wheels/tires from Tirerack that I got with their 433MHZ sensors.

I went into the tire pressure menu, chose winter wheels, custom size and started the process to recognize them. Drove around for about 5 mins and the connected no issues.

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem., 2015 Subaru XV, 2003 MINI JCW, 1972 TR6
Vehicle Showcase
wa01 or wa02 they both work same.
02 is 433 mhz, I think but am not sure and could be wrong that the 01 is possibly 315 mhz? Not sure if car can read both.
Sponsored