Trading in my 2.0 (B46/48) for a Phantom Matte 3.0 (B58)

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
That would be amazing.

I’ll get you some Crosstreet Chicken or something!

I will DM you once the delivery date gets closer— hopefully we can hash something out.
Crosstreet is so good
Sponsored

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
You're better off getting a good full PPF than trying to retain Toyota's warranty.
Warranty also doesn't cover paint chips. You can't touch up the matte finish. I no longer have my '21 Phantom, but I had it completely PPF'd with XPEL Stealth (and the glossy XPEL on the non-matte bits). Honestly, the paint warranty would only cover manufacturer defects anyway. Re-spraying entire sections of the car for paint chips or scratches will cost an arm and a leg. When I got it done I intended to keep the car long term, I changed my mind, but I still think wrapping the car was the best thing I could have ever done.

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Warranty also doesn't cover paint chips. You can't touch up the matte finish. I no longer have my '21 Phantom, but I had it completely PPF'd with XPEL Stealth (and the glossy XPEL on the non-matte bits). Honestly, the paint warranty would only cover manufacturer defects anyway. Re-spraying entire sections of the car for paint chips or scratches will cost an arm and a leg. When I got it done I intended to keep the car long term, I changed my mind, but I still think wrapping the car was the best thing I could have ever done.
I will most likely PPF the regions that are prone to road rash. I’d prefer not to wrap the whole car, but I’ll continue to weigh my options.

Appreciate your input.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
May have to weigh my options. Really thinking I’ll be keeping this car as long as possible… though that only complicates the choice. :oops:
A decent amount of PPF shops offer warranties for their work, so that should be taken into consideration. And it's probably longer than Toyota's warranty.

The car sits low enough and has wide enough tires that it'll scratch all over the place
I will most likely PPF the regions that are prone to road rash. I’d prefer not to wrap the whole car, but I’ll continue to weigh my options.

Appreciate your input.
The car sits pretty low and has wide tires. A lot of it is prone to rocks being kicked up.

SupraFlea

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2018 4Runner TRD PRO 2007 FJ Cruiser
Cool color, it was my first choice then ppl talked me out of it saying it’s too delicate, hard to take care of Etc, I regret not getting it bc it’s very exclusive. I was at Supra Sunday, lots of Supras and not one was Phantom Matte that I saw.

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Cool color, it was my first choice then ppl talked me out of it saying it’s too delicate, hard to take care of Etc, I regret not getting it bc it’s very exclusive. I was at Supra Sunday, lots of Supras and not one was Phantom Matte that I saw.
I’m honestly ecstatic. I’ve spent quite some time looking for a cleaner & fairer-priced example, and have not found one. I also enjoy spending too much time touching up my cars, so the high maintenance is part of the fun for me. *knock on wood*

Fun Fact: My 86 was an extremely rare OEM flat gray color called “Thunder Gray”. I think it’s very appropriate my new Supra will be in a pretty rare “Storm Gray”!!!

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
I’ve told multiple reps (shipping and receiving) to NOT install the front plate.
Years ago when I bought a 370z brand new, I told the salesman to be sure not to put a front plate on and to not wash the car. I finish up the paperwork, and they bring the car out WASHED and they drilled holes into the bumper for a plate. Needless to say I didn't accept the car.

I would try to remind them as often as possible about this to not get into a situation like I did.

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Years ago when I bought a 370z brand new, I told the salesman to be sure not to put a front plate on and to not wash the car. I finish up the paperwork, and they bring the car out WASHED and they drilled holes into the bumper for a plate. Needless to say I didn't accept the car.

I would try to remind them as often as possible about this to not get into a situation like I did.
The car is currently in transit with no plate/holes. I followed up with my sales rep recently (who has been awesome), and he said the entire staff at my local pickup are well aware.

I think they know the kind of customer and car they’re working with.;)

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Soooo are you gonna meet up with me and @PearlSup when he goes to pick up his supra then..? I've been wanting to see a GR86 LOL
+1

I would be super down btw. Seen plenty of BRZs, but only one GR86 on the highway!

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The car is currently in transit with no plate/holes. I followed up with my sales rep recently (who has been awesome), and he said the entire staff at my local pickup are well aware.

I think they know the kind of customer and car they’re working with.;)
Welp, i hope they know who's inspecting the car cause i'm strict with that shit lol

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Welp, i hope they know who's inspecting the car cause i'm strict with that shit lol
I was trying to find the “bringing my smart friend to the dealer with me” meme to no avail.

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Picked up a couple days ago; performed a quick “Matte paint” detail yesterday. I will be making a thread on “Spooky” soon enough. Main thought so far: “Pure joy 🤩 !!!!”

39B8F372-7F27-49E3-8ED6-D7B94CD6410F.jpeg

WillieGSTi

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91 CF Edition Phantom Gray, Rubicon CU Gray
Just watched a Shmee150 video where he says the owner manual states any PPF on the exclusive matte Phantom paint will void the factory paint warranty.

I may just stick to doing the front bumper…

no factory paint warranty on rock chips. Do the whole car you won’t regret it.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
Picked up a couple days ago; performed a quick “Matte paint” detail yesterday. I will be making a thread on “Spooky” soon enough. Main thought so far: “Pure joy 🤩 !!!!”

39B8F372-7F27-49E3-8ED6-D7B94CD6410F.jpeg
SWEET!
Sponsored