Transmission and Differential fluid change

esoulliard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
For those of you who replaced the gear oil in you diff, do you get any more noise from it now? I notice some clunks from the rear when the car is cold. I don't notice it at all after it warms up.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

MAXecutive

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 A90 Supra, '15 F36 435i GC, '97 A32 Maxima, '86 Z31 300ZX
For those of you who replaced the gear oil in you diff, do you get any more noise from it now? I notice some clunks from the rear when the car is cold. I don't notice it at all after it warms up.
Yes! I went with Redline and notice that when the car is cold. Anytime you turn the front wheels and start to move you will feel the diff activate and it feels harsh. Once the oil is up to temp its fine. I did redline because I actually overheated the diff during a track session. I'm switching back to OEM and will just change the oil more frequently.

esoulliard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yes! I went with Redline and notice that when the car is cold. Anytime you turn the front wheels and start to move you will feel the diff activate and it feels harsh. Once the oil is up to temp its fine. I did redline because I actually overheated the diff during a track session. I'm switching back to OEM and will just change the oil more frequently.
Thanks for the reply. I was in the same boat, but I haven't gotten any overheating on track since replacing the fluid. I guess that goes with the territory of compromises for the track: squeaky brakes, noisy diff, chipped up windshield...

Silverbmpra

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 toyota supra
Hey all, this is a bump from hell. Just got under the car to do the trans service I don't see a way to access the fill plug. I tried using a Allen socket which was too long and a regular L shaped Allen wrench is also too long to fit between the chassis and the side of the trans. Help!
I am going to try this bad boy this weekend and see if he fits/works...

20240210_171753.jpg