Turbo Flutter mod / how to ?

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Really ? I've heard somewhere that flutters don't damage turbos. I guess its kinda like those things noobies like me dont know much about 🤔.

Appreciate the reply tho
Turbo “flutter” is the reason blow-off valves and wastegates are installed on turbo setups. Blow-off valves divert high-charged compressed air that is traveling in the direction of intake manifold out (and not backwards into the cold side of the turbo) when you let off the throttle. Wastegate does essentially the same thing, but on the hot side of the turbo….but it does so by regulating hot side turbine speed.

That “soootoootoootoootooo” sound is high-charged compressed air trying to escape somewhere when the throttle is closed and the least point of resistance is backwards into your turbo (that is already spinning at god knows how many rpm’s in one direction). It’s the sound of your turbine trying to turn an opposite direction when it’s already doing x-amount of rpm’s in another directions.
Sponsored

sour

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Repeat after me:

Turbo flutter is bad. It slowly destroys the cartridge of the turbo. It is the sound of a car that is not operating correctly. I will not create turbo flutter on my car.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, noob here. I've got an MST intake v2 installed, is the noise that's sort of like fluttering that occurs when I let off the gas also damaging the turbo in the way you describe?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Sorry if this is a dumb question, noob here. I've got an MST intake v2 installed, is the noise that's sort of like fluttering that occurs when I let off the gas also damaging the turbo in the way you describe?
Nope

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
81321AFB-EC08-42E3-AF22-8D6DA32B0C39.jpeg

try one of these
I've been posting that for a while now. Today, I got curious and searched YT. Apparently they don't work very well 🤣. One guy put like 12 of these onto his C6 Z06.

Gotta do lots of skipping in this video

Isaleus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT , 2008 Orange GMC Canyon
I've been posting that for a while now. Today, I got curious and searched YT. Apparently they don't work very well 🤣. One guy put like 12 of these onto his C6 Z06.

Gotta do lots of skipping in this video
I ment this as a joke more then anything else. 🤣

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
I get it, What I am stating is that a BOV is not an external wastegate. Two completely different components. One deals with compressed air, one deals with exhaust gases.
I understand they are different components. I was merely stating in regards to noise EWG produces more noise than IWG as the question was about turbo noise.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat

Surely not easy but doable

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
Why would you want flutter. this post is embarrassing lol
Some owners want a clean looking car, others care about going as fast as possible, some want cool noises. Some owners will keep their car strictly for the street and freeways, never seeing a canyon or a circuit, while others build their car to go around a circuit.

Everybody has priorities.
Sponsored