U.S. Supra Ordering: Pricing and Availability Details! Have You Ordered?

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I’m so stoked. Worked with a gent that has been selling cars for 20+ years at this Toyota dealership. He said the car was sold to me but due to the dealership been closed already he would call me in the morning to handle the deposit. Hope nothings goes wrong and I get this bad boy!!

BB92063C-E2E7-4A22-B7E7-D87E29CA2DD2.jpeg
Congrats
Sponsored

spamthechan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
Do the dealership. Less tax burden since you are trading in.
Wait can you explain this to me a little further? I'm also deciding whether to sell or trade my car in and have always sold my car myself for more money.

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 & Lexus RC F
Car is 57k..you get tax for 57k. You trade in for let’s say 17k..you get tax for 40k. At least that’s how it worked when I got my rc f. But you are right, I would think you might get more dollar on a private sell but it’s a pain in the ass. At least my experiences.

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 1991 Pontiac TransAm
Yeah, if you are in Indiana the tax advantage of trading in a car sometimes makes it worth trading it in. For instance, when I put my deposit down for the Supra I traded in my GT-R. They gave me $65K for the GT-R so I will have to pay $0 tax on Supra. The Toyota dealership ended up selling the GR-R a week or two later for $67K. So the $2k more they got was well less than what I would have paid in sales tax if I had sold the GT-R myself for $67k. Let alone having to entertain all the tire kickers who just wanted to test drive a GT-R, that would have been a PITA.

I should add that it's also irrelevant how much you still owe on the car you are trading in. You get the full tax savings regardless.

Last edited:

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Wait can you explain this to me a little further? I'm also deciding whether to sell or trade my car in and have always sold my car myself for more money.

The amount of your trade-in is not subject to sales tax.

Ex
Price of New car=100k
Value of trade in=40k
Total subject to sales tax=60k

It is a nice benefit, however, in my past 27 vehicles, it only made sense to trade 1 of them in, the rest I sold on my own. (But that will vary based on sales tax in your area).

Find out the trade-in value, add the amount of taxes saved (10k trade-in at 5% sales tax) means that your 10k trade-in is really worth 10.5k, compare that to what you think it will sell for privately.

If your totals are close then trade it in and be done. Then you don’t have to deal with listing it, tire kickers, cleaning it, photos, phone calls, etc....

However, depending on the spread and your sales tax, it may make most sense to sell privately.

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 & Lexus RC F
I’m exhausted. My one msrp deal went sour. Spoken to possibly 20-25 dealers this morning. Top 3 stories:
1. Dealer selling at 40k over msrp :spaz:
2. One dealer had the LE reserved for the owner.
3. Dealer deals with me at msrp. Takes my 5k deposit. Emails me documentation and they added 10k mark up. My cc company was great and they even closed my account.

Not giving up but enough for today. I’ll hit up the north states Monday.

POS VETT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Tacoma SR 4X4 V6, '20 Terrain SLE, '11 370Z Sport, '9 Eclipse GS, 8 Corvette Z06
Let's say that you're buying a $50k new car (must be new, used car doesn't count) and your car, as a trade-in, is valued at $20k. The sales tax you will be paying is calculated from the difference in prices ($50k - $20k = $30k) instead of the full purchase price of the new car.

To decide whether to sell your old car privately or to trade in, it depends on the price. Selling privately is worth the effort if the selling price is higher than the sum of the trade-in value and the sales tax saving associated with the trade-in value.

This is true for the state of Ohio. I don't know if it applies to all states, I assume some states have this type of law and some don't.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
That only applies in some states. Here in Virginia they don't do that, and will ding any vehicle purchase with sales tax. I always thought that was wrong, especially if you consider cars that might be sold several times in their life. The state would get tax revenue each time.

thebuster

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Raptor Toyota Supra LE #876
Secured mine on Friday. Got a copy of the spec sheet and bill of sale now the waiting begins.

tonyng92

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E93 M3 F82 M4
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I received more info from my dealer. Looks like I have the production date of 6/24 and vessel arrival date is 7/30. Guess I’m not getting mine on the 22nd . Anyone else also got a late production build?

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 & Lexus RC F
About 10% of the possibly 100 dealerships I spoken to have said the same thing. Late July or early August arrival for their first. Might be some truth to that.

HcNine-Six

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16’ Scion tC 94’ Supra 00’ Lexus LS400
Being in a certain position and above at Toyota (manufacturing side) you have access to order and lease vehicles.

“GR Supra” went live Monday and ends the 17th for the “first window”.

Loaded out price is 47,320 and expected arrival is “6mo”.

I didn’t lease mine, bought it, but just a small tidbit of info. I would imagine they’re really going to try and crank them out for general population purchase before the lease vehicles start coming in but I’m not sure...

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Got an email from a dealership today who's supposedly getting a Launch edition in on July 14.

"
as of today we are taking offers on it but as always first come first serve
we are looking to get $77375 plus taxes and fees if you'r interested please contact me or email me"

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra

Feel bad for you guys in the states. Just a straight auction that's crazy that they'll be able to pocket all that with no auction fees and stuff like a regular auction. Using the barret jackson one as a benchmark. Smoking some good stuff there.
Sponsored