U.S. Supra Ordering: Pricing and Availability Details! Have You Ordered?

spamthechan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
Cali dealers still seem pretty clueless. Anyone in Cali get any information?
Sponsored

OP
OP
kona61

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Cali dealers still seem pretty clueless. Anyone in Cali get any information?
Nope, nothing new. Iā€™m being told deliveries will take place near August, which doesnā€™t really make sense considering the cars are already in the state.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
The Supra dealer-education event is taking place from June 24-26 in Austin (aka right now). So expect dealerships to have more info over the next few weeks as the district managers return to their regions and train their employees. Officiall release date is July 22nd, so one would hope that everyone would be up to speed by then, but who knows lol.

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
Nope, nothing new. Iā€™m being told deliveries will take place near August, which doesnā€™t really make sense considering the cars are already in the state.
Not US, but a Toyota GB representative told me today that the UK cars will all be in the country July-August and deliveries in September so they might be doing the same, waiting until all allocated cars are there and then sending to dealers all at the same time.

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 1991 Pontiac TransAm
I received a phone call today from my dealer confirming they are receiving my first choice of a white launch edition. In port date of 7/11. I'm excited. No word yet on how long it will take to make it from the port to the dealer.

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99ā€™ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I received a phone call today from my dealer confirming they are receiving my first choice of a white launch edition. In port date of 7/11. I'm excited. No word yet on how long it will take to make it from the port to the dealer.
Congrats!!

They better get your car to the dealership by July 22nd....canā€™t have you holding up the rest of the countryā€™s deliveries. ;)

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Just got a call from Hendrick Toyota. They're going to be doing a webinar type thingy in the next couple of days. Says this normally means they'll see the vehicles in the next 30 days.

I already knew that, since release is supposed to be July 22nd.

Nice that the salesman actually called me. 9nly dealership to do that.

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My dealership in WI contacted me today and confirmed late July delivery....no other details...

OP
OP
kona61

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been kind of skeptical of what my dealer has been saying. To me, the numbers just don't add up.

I am in SoCal, which means my car would come from Long Beach. We already know that the cars are on the ground, and look ready to go. However, my dealer still seems just as clueless as they did several weeks ago. They claim a delivery date of July 22nd, which does coincide with all official information we currently have.

My question is why would it take so long for the car to travel a distance of 50 miles? I understand they have to train dealers, but it still is baffling to me. My guess currently is that the cars will likely begin showing up randomly and sporadically, especially as it seems most Californian Toyota dealers are out of the loop.

I think the 22nd date is more of a latest estimated arrival time.

spamthechan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
I've been kind of skeptical of what my dealer has been saying. To me, the numbers just don't add up.

I am in SoCal, which means my car would come from Long Beach. We already know that the cars are on the ground, and look ready to go. However, my dealer still seems just as clueless as they did several weeks ago. They claim a delivery date of July 22nd, which does coincide with all official information we currently have.

My question is why would it take so long for the car to travel a distance of 50 miles? I understand they have to train dealers, but it still is baffling to me. My guess currently is that the cars will likely begin showing up randomly and sporadically, especially as it seems most Californian Toyota dealers are out of the loop.

I think the 22nd date is more of a latest estimated arrival time.
My Cali dealer said Toyota wants all first sales to happen July 22nd, so regardless of when the car hits the port or shows up at the dealership, delivery date to the customer will be July 22nd, nationwide.

That being said, my Cali dealer is still way more clueless than a lot of these other states- no idea about allocations, VINs or order protocol.

OP
OP
kona61

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My Cali dealer said Toyota wants all first sales to happen July 22nd, so regardless of when the car hits the port or shows up at the dealership, delivery date to the customer will be July 22nd, nationwide.

That being said, my Cali dealer is still way more clueless than a lot of these other states- no idea about allocations, VINs or order protocol.
That's what I mean, they can't give me a VIN and they don't even know where the cars are, period. That's why I do not fully believe what they have to say about the deliveries.

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I mean, they can't give me a VIN and they don't even know where the cars are, period. That's why I do not fully believe what they have to say about the deliveries.

Seems like the dealers are learning info as they go. I canā€™t blame them for not giving firm dates.

Last thing you want is to tell someone their car will be ready for them to take delivery and then have to call and break the news that it has been delayed.

My dealer has been great with feeding me information, but they were/are hesitant to confirm anything prior to getting the info from corporate.

The July 22nd date, I believe is from Toyota, I am guessing that will be the day whether your dealer knows it or not...

(I hope I am right on this, I took 4 days off from work (July 22-25) in order to get tint and PPF applied and to drive the car home 1,000 miles from the dealership)
Sponsored