U.S. Supra Ordering: Pricing and Availability Details! Have You Ordered?

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
So now that we all know what the Supra is going to cost, I was wondering what the official procedure will be like to order one in the U.S. I personally have had a deposit down at a fairly large dealer in Southern California. They so far have told me that I am first on their list.

However, nobody seems to know anything about actually optioning out the car, nor do they seem to know anything about estimated delivery times. Anyways, just curious if anyone out there knows more than I do.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sunspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like big rear ends and I cannot lie.
So now that we all know what the Supra is going to cost, I was wondering what the official procedure will be like to order one in the U.S. I personally have had a deposit down at a fairly large dealer in Southern California. They so far have told me that I am first on their list. However, nobody seems to know anything about actually optioning out the car, nor do they seem to know anything about estimated delivery times. Anyways, just curious if anyone out there knows more than I do.

fwiw, haven't been able to get any info from Northern California dealerships.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Give it some more time and they'll have the builds available and sales personal up to speed. Were you able to lock in a price w/out ADM?

OP
OP
kona61

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Give it some more time and they'll have the builds available and sales personal up to speed. Were you able to lock in a price w/out ADM?
No, I have not spoken with them since the official price release. The dealer owner is friend so I am curious whether there will be a market adjustment or not.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Moto-san posted earlier today that there will be no rules preventing dealers from markup etc.

But to your question, there is still no official program available as of yet aside from reservations at certain dealerships that will take deposits.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No, I have not spoken with them since the official price release. The dealer owner is friend so I am curious whether there will be a market adjustment or not.

Moto-san posted earlier today that there will be no rules preventing dealers from markup etc.
Yeah, nothing like Scion's pure pricing policy will port over to Toyota. It's almost certain that Toyota dealerships are going to mark them up. Prepared to be shocked.

OP
OP
kona61

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, nothing like Scion's pure pricing policy will port over to Toyota. It's almost certain that Toyota dealerships are going to mark them up. Prepared to be shocked.
Yea, I am really hoping the markup won't be insane. Though if I'm being honest, I probably will pay out the a**.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea, I am really hoping the markup won't be insane. Though if I'm being honest, I probably will pay out the a**.
Since you're in Southern Ca, I've found the Toyota dealerships in L.A were easier to bargain with compared to the dealerships in San Diego given there were more dealerships with more allocations. I actually bought my Tacoma from Carson.

After seeing the 2018 991.2 GT3's being ridiculously marked up and loyal 911 owners getting burned by their-go-to Porsche brand ambassadors, I wouldn't be surprised at the ADM's that Toyota dealerships will instate. Toyota has been in a dry spell for a long time just like Honda was until the CTR. There is a price to pay to be the first one. That expense is up to you.

OP
OP
kona61

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Since you're in Southern Ca, I've found the Toyota dealerships in L.A were easier to bargain with compared to the dealerships in San Diego given there were more dealerships with more allocations. I actually bought my Tacoma from Carson.

After seeing the 2018 991.2 GT3's being ridiculously marked up and loyal 911 owners getting burned by their-go-to Porsche brand ambassadors, I wouldn't be surprised at the ADM's that Toyota dealerships will instate. Toyota has been in a dry spell for a long time just like Honda was until the CTR. There is a price to pay to be the first one. That expense is up to you.
Yea I had a buddy pay 20k markup for 991.2 GT3 with manual. I will have to see so far, there has been no mention of a markup but I don’t doubt there will be one by delivery time.

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
We won't be able to officially order or price anything until right before the allocation is released. Every dealer has it's own plan for markups, for us we'll add $2000, but more than likely will be selling them for MSRP pretty quickly.
If you are in NOLA,LA and can get me on the list for the launch edition, white in color of course, can you PM me? I'm only a couple hours from you.

Thanks!!

factsaboutrats

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 LX570 2014 LandSmasher
If you are in NOLA,LA and can get me on the list for the launch edition, white in color of course, can you PM me? I'm only a couple hours from you.

Thanks!!
Sure, I'm at Lakeside Toyota in Metairie. What we can do is take a check and all your information, then when the order system is up, we can build, price and submit your order. I've never PM'd here but I'm at Michael_Weeks@lakesidetoyota, 504-835-1859.

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Sure, I'm at Lakeside Toyota in Metairie. What we can do is take a check and all your information, then when the order system is up, we can build, price and submit your order. I've never PM'd here but I'm at Michael_Weeks@lakesidetoyota, 504-835-1859.
Email sent

factsaboutrats

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 LX570 2014 LandSmasher
Email sent
Let's get it going, we can start a thread here and follow the order process! There will be ups and downs, and there will be dates I'm given that will be changed and pushed back, but I can get you a car!

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
There are always dealerships that don't charge markup, just gotta go find em. Longo Toyota was great at 86 launch, I have no doubt they will do the same this time.
Still waiting for the Tada-san interview. any news worthy information from him?
Sponsored