• Thread starter Deleted member 7042
  • Start date
  • Watchers 17

Rustyscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Tundra, 21 Supra, 66 VW Bus
Hey not trying to hijack this thread but I would like to add onto it. I as well have gone through John for a cloned ecu. Was talking to Marshall at first about the process. Which he explained that I should expect 10-15 business day, and may not receive clone right away depending on their inventory. No big deal for me, about the end game not instant gratification.

April 16: I was talking with Marshall back and forth about the process and what to expect. So eventually I told him to send me an invoice that day, which I did.

April 19: I mailed the DME to John

April 20: John receives it and calls to confirm that he has is. He also told me that it wouldn't be shipped that week but the following.

May 10: Missed a call from John

May 11: I missed a call from John again. Call him back. He tells me that my DME and clone are ready to ship. I pay final invoice. He ships.

May 12: I receive both of my DME's well packages with Ecutek and flex fuel which I added on. They were at my door step at 11 am. Fedex is never there that early.

It was a great process and very smooth. Yes it took nearly all 15 business days to get it, but I expected that since he told me it would be shipped to Finland the week after he received it. It was still within his time frame quoted and probably would have received it a day earlier if I didn't miss his call, which is my fault. I can 100% guarantee that I will be doing business again with him in the future. Especially when it is PI time!!! Thanks John and Marshall.
Sponsored

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Has been difficult to get a response after sending logs over, calling, texting etc. Understand people are busy, just sharing the experience here as a follow up.

Have not been able to get a revision after sending my initial logs over for that same flex tune either. That part of this experience, doesn’t feel great.
@Moorman , I was referring to this problem

shownfu

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
So did you get a chance to run at GLD?
And does it run ok if you go above e30?

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
And does it run ok if you go above e30?
I can't speak for OP, but I can say that I also have a stage 2 flex tune from Visconti, and I've been running nothing but E50 for the last ~10 months and ~5k miles with no issues. Mine was a custom flex tune though, with probably ~5 iterations of logs and map revisions on everything from base 91 oct to E50, maybe that's the difference?

shownfu

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
That's a bummer, but get your tune finalized and get back out there. It's all in that 60'. Pull a 1.6 and you'll be on target.

555r2 are really nice tires. I'll move to those after my Cup 2 set wears out.

The Visconti team was responsive when I went through them in the past. Hopefully they get back to you soon.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
I heard they work through tunes/revisions on a queue basis. Maybe the queue has just gotten long for now. Maybe you could at least get some insight into what “place in line” you’re currently in.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Did you get ahold of dss axels for GLD?

OP
OP

Deleted member 7042

Hey all, I actually figured out the issue... kind of a technical issue and not related to the tuner or their response times.

My VIN number was not matching theirs in the ECUTek app system, and so the logs I was sending over were never making it in the queue. John responded over text and we got it sorted out, the issue is related to the flex fuel sensor, the input from the CANBUS is intermittently cutting out.

I've gone through now and reseated all the connections, will be testing again this afternoon to check if it was just a loose connection -- fingers crossed.

Thank you for all the feedback here. Love this community.

OP
OP

Deleted member 7042

Hey all, I actually figured out the issue... kind of a technical issue and not related to the tuner or their response times.

My VIN number was not matching theirs in the ECUTek app system, and so the logs I was sending over were never making it in the queue. John responded over text and we got it sorted out, the issue is related to the flex fuel sensor, the input from the CANBUS is intermittently cutting out.

I've gone through now and reseated all the connections, will be testing again this afternoon to check if it was just a loose connection -- fingers crossed.

Thank you for all the feedback here. Love this community.
ground screw from the fuel rail had backed out a little bit, tightened it down and all is normal ❤

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
ground screw from the fuel rail had backed out a little bit, tightened it down and all is normal ❤
Great work. In all honestly, I should have looked at the first couple logs closer. The tune did the right thing, and failed open.
Sponsored