Vehicle was resprayed without me knowing

TheBigCheez

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tacoma
@Suggs.OR I am selling my '21 Supra A91 Nocturnal Black with about 4,500 miles on it. I live in CA (LA area). Its a weekend driver and I have the extended warranty. All original and not tuned. Selling because I have two cars and trying to buy a house. If interested I can send photos.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
@Suggs.OR I am selling my '21 Supra A91 Nocturnal Black with about 4,500 miles on it. I live in CA (LA area). Its a weekend driver and I have the extended warranty. All original and not tuned. Selling because I have two cars and trying to buy a house. If interested I can send photos.
Cool? Unfortunately over a year too late. Problem has long been resolved.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Fuck, this made me paranoid now
Donā€™t be paranoid. Youā€™re probably fine. We found overspray from being resprayed and wasnt a paint thickness inspection. Iā€™m sure Toyota/bmw have variable allowances. Donā€™t try to compare apples to oranges

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Resprayed new cars, first I've heard of this. Damn I have to get a paint meter

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
If the car looks great donā€™t get paranoid and start checking paint thickness. You will always find something. Itā€™s like looking on the internet when you sick, by the time your done youā€™ll think your sniffles is gall badder cancer or something.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As I said before to others please donā€™t get paranoid. This was a random thing that happened and I wrongly came to here to ask the question.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
True, can bring it

If the car was bought new, I would take it to the dealer and file a complaint. Your state has a lemon law no doubt and I think you may have a case. Note that a lot of cars coming from the factory have some sort of touch up. If the dealer did it due to some damage on their property, they have to disclose it and in most states if on a new car they cannot sell it as new. Not sure what you bought.
EVERYONE. THIS ISSUE IS RESOLOVED WELL OVER 1 YEAR AGO. NO MORE ADVICE IS NEEDED. EVERYONE STOP LOOKING AT THIS THREAD.

Sorry for the caps but i dont know how to make it more clear that people dont need to be paranoid for the one thing that happened to me and 99.99% of people wont have the same issue and dont need to check paint thickness on a new car.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I'll just chime in to say that damage in shipping is far more common than most people think. Usually, it's a small scratch, ding, or something like a mirror cover getting knocked off, and not big enough to report. My own Supra was delayed over an entire month because the front bumper was scratched beyond repair, and it had to be replaced & painted. When it arrived, the paint & clearcoat matched perfectly, but there was some buffing compound reside in a few crevices, nothing worth making a big stink about though.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
EVERYONE. THIS ISSUE IS RESOLOVED WELL OVER 1 YEAR AGO. NO MORE ADVICE IS NEEDED. EVERYONE STOP LOOKING AT THIS THREAD.

Sorry for the caps but i dont know how to make it more clear that people dont need to be paranoid for the one thing that happened to me and 99.99% of people wont have the same issue and dont need to check paint thickness on a new car.
best course of action is update your OP, don't delete the content, but says it's resolved, etc. I'm not helping by replying lol

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I'll just chime in to say that damage in shipping is far more common than most people think. Usually, it's a small scratch, ding, or something like a mirror cover getting knocked off, and not big enough to report. My own Supra was delayed over an entire month because the front bumper was scratched beyond repair, and it had to be replaced & painted. When it arrived, the paint & clearcoat matched perfectly, but there was some buffing compound reside in a few crevices, nothing worth making a big stink about though.
So basically if you order a car and it's unexpectedly gets delayed, you'll need to be extra careful and breakout the paint meter when you pick up the car

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Ehh, my hood shows 6.5 to 8.5 mils when the rest of the car is 4.5 to 5. Also have a paint issue on the rear bumper around license plate.
~ keep in mind some flat panels (top) will sometimes show slightly higher readings than side panels. also plastic painted areas (bumpers) will differ from aluminum or metal panels. hope this helps.
Sponsored