Warranty issue- vibration 2021 Supra

suprasoze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium
I have a couple weeks old 2023 Supra 3.0 premium AT. I have this exact same problem at 65-75mph speeds... I thought I was going crazy.
It feels as if the lane keep/change assist is on at a constant rhythm at low force.
Car is entirely stock.

Anyone figure out a solution to this yet? Or are ya'll just living with it?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jomartijr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2015 Subaru Forester, 1994 S10 pickup
To date just living with my 2021 Premium. The best info I've gathered so far came from an engineer, automotive from his knowledgable way of expressing possibilities which were resonance in the body work interaction with running gear and road surface....stated that spot weld locations and such might affect this phenomonen. He further stated it would not be a cheap fix.
I almost got the idea he was close to the problem source.
So, I've accepted its intrinsic to my particular car and some others and just living with it. Thankfully, I've not spent $$ replacing tires though I I have done repeated alignment and tire balancing...to no avail.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Has anyone had this problem at lower speeds?

My 2020 has a thumming / whirring sound at low speeds between 15 - 25 mph, but smooth and quiet on the highway. I have an appt with Toyota on Friday but not too confident they know what they're doing. Sounds like its coming from the front driver side wheel, maybe it could be old tire, wheel out of balance, wheel bearing, or warped rotor?

It's difficult to tell....only perceptible at low speeds and when I took off the wheel everything looked great.

OP
OP

Jomartijr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No, mine is smooth until 68- 80 mph and both dealers I've visited, consulted with just are out of their depth on this.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
No, mine is smooth until 68- 80 mph and both dealers I've visited, consulted with just are out of their depth on this.
Ugh i fear i will have the same result. I donā€™t really mind hearing it as long as not fixing it doesnā€™t kill me in a freak accident

Insomniac

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Premium GR
I had similar at factory tire pressures. I lowered my pressures to 33 PSI cold with significant improvements. If I go to the 37 to 38 PSI recommended pressures it gets bad. I plan buying BCforged wheels and changing tires this summer,I think it will make it all go away.

Richard

Isaleus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT , 2008 Orange GMC Canyon
23 MT owner here.

Stock everything. Only 3XX miles on the car.

I get small amount of vibration in the steering wheel around 68-75. Above or below those speeds and it's smooth as butter.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Iā€™d hate that youā€™d have to buy another set of wheels butā€¦. I notice a difference when I swap mine out, tire pressures is off, balancing etc. That being said, the different stuff I feel will typically correct after I beat the šŸ’© out of her on track, swap out wheels, change tires, alignment.

Have you done the free track day yet? A good full day of romping might help pronounce the issue or help it go away. It sounds counterintuitive but may be worth the shot. And hopefully have some fun too šŸ˜ƒ

Mrgolde

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nocturnal 3.0 premium MT
To be honest I think it might be the air pressure of the tires, when I drove the car back from the dealer I was at 60-75 mph and it was smooth no issues, but my tire pressure was low, at first the car suggest 43 psi so when I got home I aired them up to 43 and havenā€™t driven at high speeds since then, tonight when I was driving I was getting wheel vibration from 60-70 and it smoothed out after below 60 or after 70, and now my car is suggesting 38 psi. After I let some air out and drive it Iā€™ll get back to you. Just got on here now looking for solutions, but since someone mentioned psi it got me thinking that could be the issue.

OP
OP

Jomartijr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have lowered tire pressure to 30 psi and found no change.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Small update on my issue, got new front tires and fixed the problem. Although the front left was the one making a noise, I drove over a monster pothole on the right side which instantly deflated it. So kind of worked out to replace both at the same time.

Car drives great and straight however...should I get an alignment or just roll with it? Its a little hard to find a shop that has the weights BMW claims are necessary for the alignment,

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I've noticed my car has slight vibration during certain instances. It hasn't bothered me enough for me to pay attention and figure out a pattern or to otherwise look into it.
If it gets worse or distracting come out I will of course.
It's a 2021 3.0

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Small update on my issue, got new front tires and fixed the problem. Although the front left was the one making a noise, I drove over a monster pothole on the right side which instantly deflated it. So kind of worked out to replace both at the same time.

Car drives great and straight however...should I get an alignment or just roll with it? Its a little hard to find a shop that has the weights BMW claims are necessary for the alignment,
Balancing is different than alignment, most shops in my experience will balance for you if you have the tires mounted.
It's not necessary to do an alignment but you can if you want, considering you ran over some monster potholes.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
I donā€™t have any vibration but having wide tires on a car will always potentially add noise and vibration. I run the 37psi and I definitely hear the noise fluctuations from variations of road but canā€™t say Iā€™ve experienced any notable vibrations.
Sponsored