Warranty issue- vibration 2021 Supra

Davidpingu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8 Civic Type R, Mercedes GLC
Hi everyone, I too am having this same issue. Glad that I found this thread. Slight vibration in steering wheel and a little in my seat and pedal. Up to about 65mph is smooth as butter, 65-80 is most noticeable, tapers off around 85 and up. Started noticing the issue about a week or two after installing some lowering springs. Thought that was the issue at first until I had my wheels powder coated then it got even worse. My girlfriend even asked if something was wrong with the car while riding in the passenger seat. Assuming it was a balancing issue I went ahead and had a good shop rebalance today. This made everything feel better, or maybe it's placebo, but as soon as I hit 70mph I still feel that harmonic vibration. Sometimes seems to pulse like others have mentioned. Car is a 2021, around 6300 miles, lowering springs and spacers. Just here to add my name to the list. Hope we can find a solution.
Did you fit the spacers the same time as your springs? If so there’s also the possibility that they could be the cause.
Sponsored

SupraEssDee

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a90
Did you fit the spacers the same time as your springs? If so there’s also the possibility that they could be the cause.
Hey, sorry for the late reply. I left that comment and completely forgot about this thread. I put the spacers on about a month after I got the car. Springs went on about a year later. I've actually noticed now that I've had that alignment done by a good shop that the vibration is much less. I actually only notice it now on sections of very smooth blacktop. Weather has been bad every weekend this month so I haven't been able to drive it much. Hope to stretch her legs tomorrow and see how it feels.

JRZSUPRA

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
Hi everyone,

I used a drag pack for daily for a long time and I always thought that was the issue. I been on 4s tires now for 2-3 months and the vibration is still there 60-75. I have also changed the drive shaft and the front lower control arm and no luck. This week I did alignment and all 4 wheel tire balance and still no luck.

I was planning on changing the guibos and bolts see if that helped but after reading this thread I might just wait for a solution and stop throwing my money away. Car is 100% stock suspension.

Mods: EOS Port, Pure800 transmission upgraded clutch C and E, Ecutek Flexfuel map. Car has 24k miles and this has been since I would say 19k miles.

I will really appreciate if anyone finds the solution.

Instagram: JUAREZSUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Sounds like the new supra is getting revised power steering and suspension… curious if we’ll still see this in the 2023 models.

maxVsupra

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra 3.0 Premium (Absolute White)
Sorry if this was already discussed but is the car on aftermarket suspension? I installed a KW HAS kit on my M2 a while back and had the same drone like resonance occur at certain highways speeds after the install. It was most notable on concrete. I could not find anyone with answers to the issue.

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
I had this issue until I did a 4 wheel alignment. Also, I’m running 295 on the rears, car is pretty smooth now. Still on stock suspension for another month. We’ll see if I’ll be saying the same thing after I lower it and stiffen it.

Leaning

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra 2022
Lately the vibration is much less noticeable even at 70-80 range.

I didn't really do anything to the car so idk what happened.

Not complaining, just odd that improvement occurred without any intervention lol

Kaolinite

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
just an update for my car, the dealership is going to replace my LF wheel bearing. I doubt this will fix the problem but we will see... 1 month wait for parts

Kaolinite

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Update. Changing the LF wheel bearing did not fix the problem. They are now going to replace the LF axle shaft. The dealership is pretty much just throwing parts at it at this point. Toyota techline doesn't know what to do either. I may just end up getting rid of the car since it's not fun to drive at all over 100km/h

Branflakes123

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Refraction Blue
I have experienced this issue in odd increments. Between 55-105mph, but when it's happening, it's consistently within a 10mph range. I've had my tires balance, and even changed wheels, the problem still stays. I'm going to try to do some personal diagnosis and report back here, hope everyone else keeps digging, this is really annoying, only started happening at 30k+ miles

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I have experienced this issue in odd increments. Between 55-105mph, but when it's happening, it's consistently within a 10mph range. I've had my tires balance, and even changed wheels, the problem still stays. I'm going to try to do some personal diagnosis and report back here, hope everyone else keeps digging, this is really annoying, only started happening at 30k+ miles
Giubo failing?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Giubo failing?
I was thinking maybe a wheel bearing.

-RJM

GT5.0

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I posted some weeks ago a description of vibration felt in the steering wheel of my new Supra. It's a resonating, fine vibration present in speed range 68- 8o mph.
Toyota dealer techs (2) say there is no issue, that this is normal, that its inherent in how the suspension and steering transmit road feel.
So I'm asking you owners of 2021 unmodified Supras- does your car exhibit this slight vibration described above? I've not found another GR91 6 cylinder car to compard.
Thanks in advance for any who can respond with similar issue.
I really don't need guesses of diagnoses of the issue- just if others have this issue in their cars.
Greetings all,

Not a Supra owner (yet) but this might help:

My 21 Mustang 5.0 and MANY others of this gen Mustang experience these exact driveline vibrations and worse, including myself.

Similarly to your situation, Ford hasn't officially agnowledged the issue and most dealers will claim is within spec.

Those who had success resolving through a dealer or private mechanic, have isolated the issue to the driveshaft and the connections to both ends of it. Some people didn't resolve the issue fully without replacing the entire rear end assembly. Definitely not wheel or tire related.

I have given up on it and just drive the car/vibrator until I trade it in.

Cheers to all and happy motoring.

OP
OP

Jomartijr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2015 Subaru Forester, 1994 S10 pickup
Thanks for your input though it's not good news for that substantial repair.
I no longer believe in the dealer- corporate system for investigating this defect. The dealer tech looked me in the eye and said it's normal, therecis no problem. Toyota followed suit saying techs "were their eyes and ears and they had to go by their assessment".
Needless to say that was frustrating to hear and instead of fighting now I'm gathering more info before I go at Toyota and the dealership service dept system again.
It really does ferl.like an imbalance or bearing defect somewhere.
Sponsored