OP

Jomartijr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2015 Subaru Forester, 1994 S10 pickup
My car is completely stock, no mods and Lane departure assist is deactivated.
But that makes one wonder if a software glitch in the system could be causing the issue.
In any case the rise/ fall harmonic like buzzing seems isolated to the steering wheel.
Sponsored

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
I'm experiencing the same cyclical vibrations at highway speeds. I figured it was the tires, for I experienced a similar phenomenon with my Holden and it ended up being the summer tires. When I switched over to all-seasons, the vibration went away. That car also had electronic steering. There's talk on the BMW M40i forums about a similar issue and replacement of the output shafts fixing the problem for some: https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1485010&page=44

focusmade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
This recently started happening to my 2021 also.
Issue started about 100 miles ago.

I drive 70 on the interstate to my office a few times a week. It was super obvious the first day it started.

Before this started I took an 8 hour trip and never noticed this.

I guess Iā€™m off to the dealer.

Last edited:

Suprassata

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium, 2014 Mazda 6 mtx
My wife doesnā€™t notice it but itā€™s a buzzing I the steering wheel (like lane assist is on, all that crap is off) and a minor buzz in the seat as well

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Removed my Burger Motorsports 13/15 spacers and it removed 90% of the vibration, but it is still there just not as pronounced.

Time will tell if it continues to get worse.
Bruh, this thread is wild. Same thing happened after a tire shop improperly balanced my wheel after patching it. Fixing it up removed 90% of vibration, but still there. Gonna get it inspected at another racing shop next week. I have a 22.

Suprassata

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium, 2014 Mazda 6 mtx
I have an oil change coming up in a few months. Iā€™ll get it checked out there along with an annoying buzzing in the driver side door. If enough folks bring it up maybe Toyota will do something about it.

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have an oil change coming up in a few months. Iā€™ll get it checked out there along with an annoying buzzing in the driver side door. If enough folks bring it up maybe Toyota will do something about it.
Just let me know if anything happens in the meantime so i know to stop driving it ?

focusmade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
The door buzz is the lock pin rod. It's a common BMW issue. The lock pin rod is right up against the plastic door panel. Take the door panel off and put a small piece of adhesive foam between the lock pin rod and the door. It will fix it. Takes about 15 min to get the door panel off if you've never done it before.

As for the vibration, I'm taking mine to the dealer this week. If you bump up tire pressure to 39 it gets really bad. Lower tire pressure (32) it's not so bad. 100% sure it's something rotational, but sounds too fast to be a wheel out of balance.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jomartijr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The door buzz is the lock pin rod. It's a common BMW issue. The lock pin rod is right up against the plastic door panel. Take the door panel off and put a small piece of adhesive foam between the lock pin rod and the door. It will fix it. Takes about 15 min to get the door panel off if you've never done it before.

As for the vibration, I'm taking mine to the dealer this week. If you bump up tire pressure to 39 it gets really bad. Lower tire pressure (32) it's not so bad. 100% sure it's something rotational, but sounds too fast to be a wheel. I'm leaning towards a wheel bearing or output shaft.
I agree it feels rotational and a high frequency hum. It's worse on smooth road as if tire tread is somehow reacting with smoother road surface. Or maybe it's just more noticeable on smooth surface, hard to say.

OP
OP

Jomartijr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's an interesting possibility. Please keep us posted.
And its encouraging theres a dealer ready to acknowledge and work the problem. Also, if this is warrantable then Toyota is stepping up.
Sponsored