What did you do to your Supra today?

STi_to_GRzupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra MT Premium, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Depends on insurance. Mine does repairs for free and only a deductible if replaced. They never count windshield replacement as a claim.
Double check on that. My understanding was the same for windshield replacement, until my premium went up and I asked what was the reason. Their response was that I had a claim, and it was a windshield replacement.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Installed my subs finally
Also packed the open spaces with a crap ton of speaker wadding
Didn't think it would make a big difference but the low end response did improve and found the stock brace is the source of all my rattles
I did not cut ports
I am on the hunt for a replacement bar

20240113_123145.jpg
The ports you didn't cut but covered in foam are part of the whole point for the DIY explained in the OP. The speakers need a place for that pressure to go, thus the need for better ports.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
The ports you didn't cut but covered in foam are part of the whole point for the DIY explained in the OP. The speakers need a place for that pressure to go, thus the need for better ports.
I did not use the foam, only tucked in speaker wadding inside the area the sub sit over to increase some vibration reduction.
The type of music I listen to does not benefit from a ported type of bass.
The stock subs might benefit, but I am using aftermarket subs and they perform better already just as a drop in

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Supra Matte Storm Gray
Brought home a new friend to keep the Supra company :cool:

C7609D06-EDCE-4678-9BA1-FBC75AFE97B3.jpeg
That is actually want I want for a daily (and winter vehicle) after my lease is done on my cx-30. I just got the one step above base on it as I was trying to keep payments to a minimum on the other vehicle. It gets great mileage though and I love that as I do have a 60 mile round trip commute every day

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
He used the versus intake resonator delete.
It’s a cap that goes over the open hole once you remove the resonator. I did the same.
you can see the same cap in his photo of the heat shield.
IMG_8477.jpeg
IMG_8480.jpeg
Missed that someone had asked me a question earlier, but this guy got it!

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Double check on that. My understanding was the same for windshield replacement, until my premium went up and I asked what was the reason. Their response was that I had a claim, and it was a windshield replacement.
I've unfortunately had to test them on this twice. 🤣 No rate increase. All insurance committed are different. Your results may vary.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
That is actually want I want for a daily (and winter vehicle) after my lease is done on my cx-30. I just got the one step above base on it as I was trying to keep payments to a minimum on the other vehicle. It gets great mileage though and I love that as I do have a 60 mile round trip commute every day
Funny enough the Supra is actually my daily - my other half usually drives the Mazda3. They actually get about the same MPG which is kind of impressive given the Supra has a bigger engine.

We got the top trim (Turbo Premium Plus) for all the goodies - overall pretty happy with the car. That said, even the top trim isn't at the same level as the Supra in terms of electronics and interior quality/feel - although it is still very nice. Makes sense given the Mazda costs like 20K less.

I really wish the Supra had the front parking camera though...

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Supra Matte Storm Gray
Funny enough the Supra is actually my daily - my other half usually drives the Mazda3. They actually get about the same MPG which is kind of impressive given the Supra has a bigger engine.

We got the top trim (Turbo Premium Plus) for all the goodies - overall pretty happy with the car. That said, even the top trim isn't at the same level as the Supra in terms of electronics and interior quality/feel - although it is still very nice. Makes sense given the Mazda costs like 20K less.

I really wish the Supra had the front parking camera though...
That is the trim I had planned on getting and most likely in black, maybe blue. I know colors are limited for some stupid reason with that trim.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Wife and I made it to our first track day with the Supra (Homestead with Chin). It really is an amazing platform out of the box and upset a lot of egos.

The brakes did fine with RBF600 fluid, but I didn't love the brake feel. Minor gripe. I ended up melting my exhaust flap actuator, but otherwise, the car was an absolute champ. Drove it ~5 hours home afterwards.

CGC_0208.jpg
CGC_0285.jpg
CGC_7169.jpg
CGC_9900.jpg
tempImageMbGHCz.png

tempImagexFC0UC.png