Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
Let's see some dyno sheets! :headbang:
Here is the graph.
Increase in HP 24%
Increase in Torque 17%
Absolute numbers are not that interesting since it varies depending on which dyno is used and other factors such as fuel etc.

Attachments

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Ehh I agree with you but can debate you on that as well since I am 45 and can still get in and out of my Supra with no problem. Thank god for good health and not being too out of shape. LOL! Also, I still love wrenching on my cars as much as possible. I just won’t touch any mods that deal with opening up the engine. Bolt-ons all day long!!! Haha.

As far as ICE cars, it might be sooner than 20 years the way electric cars have been taking off and most manufacturers have already committed to having mostly electric fleets soon enough. But to your point, that’s exactly why I bought the Supra because this could possibly be my last ICE car, but you just never know.

To stay somewhat on topic to this thread, I just finished doing the Tadda mods to the subs yesterday and today I’ll be adding some sound deadener to the trunk area.
I was thinking along the perspective that this is a harder car to get into and out of compared to my parents' Highlander and Camry I used to drive to high school, and I could see my parents struggle a little with the ride height since the car sits quite low in comparison.

Also, you bring up a great point -- EVs don't really share the same hands-on culture we're used to with ICE cars, and there may not be too much time left to buy new ICE cars, and I can only imagine what happens to the used ICE performance car market then.

And as for mods -- got the calipers painted and the OEM wheels powder coated gloss black. I'm hoping to find a good place for some quality pics this weekend. Just waiting on some Brembo caliper stickers to be delivered.

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
Niiiice, sooner or later I'll probably go this route. However I'm partial to the 700 due to the faster spool.
Have you ridden in both. I wouldn’t do a 700. There is more breathing room in the 800.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Well... finally screwed something up working on my car. I stripped my stud on the strut mount of my coilovers. These are push in studs, so I can just hammer it out... but I can' seem to find a good replacement. RS-R wants to charge me $48 for the 1 stud. $3 for the stud and $45 for shipping lol.

It's an M8 Stud. I won't know the length until I knock it out. I tried asking RS-R for the stud type/specifications, but they refuse to give me that information.

Edit: Just got in touch directly with the company that does their distribution here in the states and they won't tell me either. This is like the third time I've tried to get some repair parts from a Japanese company and every time it feels like trying to get Coca Cola's secret formula. Then you have to fill out weird archaic, forms to place the order. Like it's 1995 or something.

Bless those companies that offer repair parts directly on their websites.

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Well... finally screwed something up working on my car. I stripped my stud on the strut mount of my coilovers. These are push in studs, so I can just hammer it out... but I can' seem to find a good replacement. RS-R wants to charge me $48 for the 1 stud. $3 for the stud and $45 for shipping lol.

It's an M8 Stud. I won't know the length until I knock it out. I tried asking RS-R for the stud type/specifications, but they refuse to give me that information.

Edit: Just got in touch directly with the company that does their distribution here in the states and they won't tell me either. This is like the third time I've tried to get some repair parts from a Japanese company and every time it feels like trying to get Coca Cola's secret formula. Then you have to fill out weird archaic, forms to place the order. Like it's 1995 or something.

Bless those companies that offer repair parts directly on their websites.
It's shitty, but at the end of the day, I'd just pay the $48- unless it takes forever. That's the biggest problem. If you're getting it overnight, you're going to waste more then $48 of your time and energy calling around trying to find it.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
It's shitty, but at the end of the day, I'd just pay the $48- unless it takes forever. That's the biggest problem. If you're getting it overnight, you're going to waste more then $48 of your time and energy calling around trying to find it.
You're right. I'll probably order 3 of them as well... just in case this ever happens again. :D

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Technically, it was yesterday, but got my firmware updated and am now enjoying full screen CarPlay!
I try to keep my iPhone in a foil pouch... but the music choice I can definitely get behind! Was just listening to that album yesterday as a matter of fact. :thumbsup: