What did you do to your Supra today?

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking along the perspective that this is a harder car to get into and out of compared to my parents' Highlander and Camry I used to drive to high school, and I could see my parents struggle a little with the ride height since the car sits quite low in comparison.

Also, you bring up a great point -- EVs don't really share the same hands-on culture we're used to with ICE cars, and there may not be too much time left to buy new ICE cars, and I can only imagine what happens to the used ICE performance car market then.

And as for mods -- got the calipers painted and the OEM wheels powder coated gloss black. I'm hoping to find a good place for some quality pics this weekend. Just waiting on some Brembo caliper stickers to be delivered.
Ooh! Could you please send the link to the Brembo stickers?

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Have you ridden in both. I wouldn’t do a 700. There is more breathing room in the 800.
I only know of one other modified MKV in my area but she's rocking the stock turbo like me. I'd be fully satisfied with 500whp, but I want that power with the instant acceleration I'm getting now. Closest E30 station is like 100 miles away too :(

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
I'd also like to know :)
There's a couple vendors on the forums who offer it as a remote service. You just an OBD2 to Ethernet cable. (Enet I think it's called, like $10-20 bucks on ebay) They essentially remote into your laptop hooked in to the OBD2 port through the Enet cable and update the firmware. Some offer additional customization as well.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
You guys that are that young and own a roughly $55k to $60k Supra brand new are definitely doing something right! I wish I had the money to afford the MKIV Supra back when I was in my 20’s.
I'm 31. My parents are old school. My dad drives a 69 GTO and has a 78 Trans Am as well. I grew up around cars and got good at helping my dad restore his. My parents made me get my first real job at 16. Made me ride my bicycle to work, if my older brother wouldn't give me a ride, just so that I could earn the money to buy my uncles 93 Ford Ranger that he was holding onto for me, it was $1,300 and had 215k miles when I got it. My parents told me that money would never come easy in our family and that if I wanted anything from that point on, I was buying it with my own money.

From there, I worked some really shitty jobs for places like Wal-mart and Kroger, dead end jobs. This taught me a lot about finances and what I had to do to better myself. I finally found a company that appreciates hard workers and rewards them with promotions and raises. Here I am 7 years later, buying a car thats 2x as much as the nicest vehicle I had ever owned, and I was able to walk in and put $20,000 down right up front.

Old school parents can be tough, but they taught me some serious life lessons that most kids aren't taught these days.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I only know of one other modified MKV in my area but she's rocking the stock turbo like me. I'd be fully satisfied with 500whp, but I want that power with the instant acceleration I'm getting now. Closest E30 station is like 100 miles away too :(
The stock turbo can get you to 500whp with E50 and Methanol and also, If you have a local tuning shop you can talk to, you can get them to order Ignite E90 jugs for you. Buy them and store them in your garage. It lasts way longer than pump Ethanol as well. Or perhaps just ask them to sell you some E90 and buy some VP racing jugs and store in your garage.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
For those asking how to get firmware update, right now the only way to get it if you don't already have it (due to having a 2021 manufactured after like... March 2021?) is to pay a company to remote into a laptop you provide and flash the car via ENET cable plugged into the OBD port.

Check out the electronics forum section, lots of posts about it there. https://www.supramkv.com/forums/electronics-audio-nav-communications-coding.21/

Rad_AMG

First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium (SOLD), 20 4Runner TRD Pro
Beautiful day here in Seattle. Got it tinted just in time for this stretch of nice weather. Went with Llumar CTX Ceramic film in 25%. Work was done by my guy Carlos at Darkside Window Tinting. His # is 206-399-0000 and the shop is located at 10420 E Riverside Dr. Ste 102 in Bothell WA. Highly recommend Carlos for anyone in the Greater Seattle-area needing tint done or re-done. He used to have a shop off of Lake City Way, but recently moved to a nice, newer space up in Bothell. He's done all my cars and most of my families cars over the years.
Darkside_Supra_Driver Side_Cant.jpg

Attachments

NcreAighStonH

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Phantom Supra Premium
Roof and door panels satin black wrap, wheels powder coated satin black, tints 5% back, 35% front... ? Also, 1-Year ceramic on matte; which I was terrified to do but it worked out brilliantly!

44A3C05B-C90C-4CD4-9D89-29A37D930484.jpeg

34FFBA2C-3D85-4558-99A4-F37C248BF329.jpeg

981FBFA6-6E28-4957-B4A8-1B66B32D8013.jpeg

Last edited: