What did you do to your Supra today?

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I’d love to have a front and rear discrete dash cam for the Supra. Please share your thoughts and photos. Thanks

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
My Uniden R7 arrives later today. When you were installing yours did you notice if you could use Uniden's wire-tap or is it necessary to hardwire to the fuse box?
I just bought a mount that came with a mirror tap kit. This one specifically:

Radar Mount Mirror Mount Bracket... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0788XRBTV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Wanted to get a blend mount but they seem pricey for what they are. Let me know if your R7 auto powers off if you hardwire.

IMHO, use the mirror tap to hardwire the R7. It’s easier to work with than the passenger fuse box. Save the fuse taps for hardwiring dash cams.

Edit: also just to remind folks, take the time to disconnect the negative battery terminal in the trunk before doing any electrical work.

Last edited:

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
I’d love to have a front and rear discrete dash cam for the Supra. Please share your thoughts and photos. Thanks
I'm looking at kits on Amazon

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Got some dyno action today 😊 pump e70 numbers. Not too shabby
Right in that spot I expected out of your build, Eli. E1R or Ignite Red should push you into the 1150-1200 range. I imagine you're going to leave torque about where it is?

Are you pulling any timing with the shitty fuel?

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Right in that spot I expected out of your build, Eli. E1R or Ignite Red should push you into the 1150-1200 range. I imagine you're going to leave torque about where it is?

Are you pulling any timing with the shitty fuel?
Yeah, torque is gonna be here or lower. Got a lot of room to play with it still, just don’t want to break more stuff.

timing is pretty spot on, Marin is working his magic with that. Just testing out some trans stuff now that I want to do no prep

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Yeah, torque is gonna be here or lower. Got a lot of room to play with it still, just don’t want to break more stuff.

timing is pretty spot on, Marin is working his magic with that. Just testing out some trans stuff now that I want to do no prep
Yeah, if you're doing no-prep, you're gonna wanna dial torque down just a tick.

darkknight302

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premiun
This is what I'm running. I took it to Best Buy about 2 weeks ago. I'll post pictures when I stop being lazy lol.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09FSDHCVS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

My Uniden R7 arrives later today. When you were installing yours did you notice if you could use Uniden's wire-tap or is it necessary to hardwire to the fuse box?
Just get this and watch some videos on youtube on how to install it. It took me like 10 minutes because my dumbass struggle to push in the pins with my fingers. Once I figured out that by using a needle plier to put them in, it became easier.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0788XRBTV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Last edited:

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Finally got the pile of parts that was sitting in my office installed. MST V2 intake, FTP charge pipe and an AA catted downpipe. Now just to wait for rain and traffic to go away so I can actually try it out.
Question for you (or anyone who knows): Does the MST v2 intake pull fresh air from the factory air inlet behind the passenger side headlight? I can't really tell from pictures or install videos of it (kinda looks like it does?) if it integrates it into the system as a whole or if it just kind of leaves it hanging out there blowing air into the engine compartment. I'm thinking about buying this, but I also have a Velossa Tech Fresh Air Intake System Thingy (TM) (I refuse to call it a "ram air" system like they advertise) waiting to be installed. The latter component would be a waste if the MST v2 didn't take advantage of the factory fresh air inlet. I appreciate any assistance anyone can provide. I'm doing a big round of upgrades for the car right meow!

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Question for you (or anyone who knows): Does the MST v2 intake pull fresh air from the factory air inlet behind the passenger side headlight? I can't really tell from pictures or install videos of it (kinda looks like it does?) if it integrates it into the system as a whole or if it just kind of leaves it hanging out there blowing air into the engine compartment. I'm thinking about buying this, but I also have a Velossa Tech Fresh Air Intake System Thingy (TM) (I refuse to call it a "ram air" system like they advertise) waiting to be installed. The latter component would be a waste if the MST v2 didn't take advantage of the factory fresh air inlet. I appreciate any assistance anyone can provide. I'm doing a big round of upgrades for the car right meow!
The MST box encloses the air inlet. Nothing integrates into it, but the box at least keep the hot air from the engine/turbo from getting in there.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
The MST box encloses the air inlet. Nothing integrates into it, but the box at least keep the hot air from the engine/turbo from getting in there.
My man. Exactly what I needed. I appreciate it - thank you! I just pressed order on the airbox. Is the seal pretty solid where the metal air intake panels meet the inside of the engine compartment? Also where the turbo inlet pipe sticks through into the interior of the box created by the system? Seems like it's a pretty high-quality part but thought I would inquire. There's always my favorite tool ever for home and car projects if not... spray foam!