What do you think of Camry TRD?

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 & Lexus RC F
My nephew just bought one, the blue one. I texted him the day he got it to congratulate him on it. I swear his reply was this thing is fast uncle, I beat you easily šŸ˜‚ā€¦I just sent him the goodfellas laughing meme

CSUfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Iā€™ve sold a few Camry TRD and Avalon TRD, theyā€™re super nice but Toyota doesnā€™t want us to compete with our Lexus division when it comes to V6 AWD cars, thatā€™s why weā€™ve never has a V6 AWD Toyota sedanā€¦

I'm annoyed to learn that the reason for no AWD V6 is to neuter the Camry so as not to allow it to compete well with Lexus AWD models.
The thing that gets me is.. why donā€™t they put out a freaking non-flagship Lexus Sedan with more than 301 horsepower with AWD then?? Even if it cost as much as 2 Camrys, why not??? At least it would make sense to keep the Camry down and away from ā€˜competingā€™ with the Lexus that way.:dunno:

Tired of this old 268, 290, 301, 305 HP, or whatever the heck they are advertising these cars for these days.

If they are so hell bent on Hybrids and donā€™t want the Camry to compete with the Lexus, fine. Give us a AWD ES400 with the RAV4 prime stuff in it, tuned to offer more performance. But of course, they wouldnā€™t do that either:rolleyes1:

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
I wouldnā€™t mind one as a daily if it could be obtained for under $30kā€¦

Stupid thing is the MPG are probably worst than the Supra lol.

GR bZ4x or STI Solterra may be the more interesting choice if they actually make either.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
The Lexus LS 500 AWD has 410hp, lolā€¦non tunable of courseā€¦
The thing that gets me is.. why donā€™t they put out a freaking non-flagship Lexus Sedan with more than 301 horsepower with AWD then?? Even if it cost as much as 2 Camrys, why not??? At least it would make sense to keep the Camry down and away from ā€˜competingā€™ with the Lexus that way.:dunno:

Tired of this old 268, 290, 301, 305 HP, or whatever the heck they are advertising these cars for these days.

If they are so hell bent on Hybrids and donā€™t want the Camry to compete with the Lexus, fine. Give us a AWD ES400 with the RAV4 prime stuff in it, tuned to offer more performance. But of course, they wouldnā€™t do that either:rolleyes1:

CSUfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
The Lexus LS 500 AWD has 410hp, lolā€¦non tunable of courseā€¦
But itā€™s a flagship though:(

Iā€™m certain a Camry/ES with the RAV4 prime electric motors would also be discouraged because it may ā€œoutshineā€ the the flagship LS500, performance wise, as well :nono:

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Bro I wish Toyota would put their V8 in the Avalon and make it AWD. Iā€™d buy one!
But itā€™s a flagship though:(

Iā€™m certain a Camry/ES with the RAV4 prime electric motors would also be discouraged because it may ā€œoutshineā€ the the flagship LS500, performance wise, as well :nono:

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
its a great platform but idk about the monies for the TRD camry.....my lady just got a new 22 is350 AWD F-sport and am willing to be is just a better ride the TRD Camry for around the same cost on the same platform....also not for nothing lexus is built in japan (not sure if the TRD camry is or not)....usa labor sucks now (sad to admit) even Toyotas assembled in the US having build quality issues....the IS is a better buy then a TRD camry hands down

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I actually considered buying one of these as a daily but I think I want an SUV or truck instead.
Sponsored