What Don't You Like About Your New Supra?

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
How could I forget the lack of Android Auto? And before you Apple fans start with the "get a real phone" and "ew green text", just remember that's similar to saying "Nice BMW" to a Supra owner.
Yeah this was a big one for me. Thank god for MMI Prime, its not perfect but its better than no AA at all.
Sponsored

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Yeah this was a big one for me. Thank god for MMI Prime, its not perfect but its better than no AA at all.
You wouldn't happen to have been in North NJ over the weekend, right? I spotted a white Supra could've sworn it had a roof rack. The car is a rare sighting around my area.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
You wouldn't happen to have been in North NJ over the weekend, right? I spotted a white Supra could've sworn it had a roof rack. The car is a rare sighting around my area.
No not this weekend, but I do suction cup my mountain bike to the top of my car just about every other weekend to go ride Mountain Creek. I did go riding in Peekskill yesterday but I didn't pass through jersey at all omw there.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Honest question for the people who don't like the stock JBL audio system. Has any stock system in any car ever lived up to your standards? I've owned a bunch of cars and have been on plenty of online forums. I don't think I've ever seen one car where everyone liked the stock system.

Most of the music I've always listened to sounds like it was recorded in a one car garage so I don't have high expectations for sound.
Actually my gf at the time, now wife had the lights and sound package on her Evo X, and it sounded legit haha. Compared to my base GSR, I felt sad haha

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
How could I forget the lack of Android Auto? And before you Apple fans start with the "get a real phone" and "ew green text", just remember that's similar to saying "Nice BMW" to a Supra owner.
Green bubbles are a deal breaker bruh. However, they will keep you uninvited to any group texts which are annoying anyway.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
I found a new one. The sensitivity of the seat belt pretensioners. I get glued to my seat sometimes when I'm trying to look out my rear passenger side when merging/changing lanes.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I found a new one. The sensitivity of the seat belt pretensioners. I get glued to my seat sometimes when I'm trying to look out my rear passenger side when merging/changing lanes.
For better or worse, I've gotten used to just using mirrors and trusting the blind spot monitors. Hoping that doesn't bite me eventually if they aren't reliable. I do still sometimes check the passenger side window out of habit though.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Another one I learned recently was that rear passenger quarter visibility is basically non-existent if you're making a slight left onto another road. The angle's too wide for a blind spot monitor to kick in and you straight up can't see anything. It's basically turn blind or angle your car before coming to a stop to be able to see (basically get an angle so you can see out the passenger side window)

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Letā€™s seeā€¦Iā€™ve owned her since December, so I suppose Iā€™ve got a few things:

I came from an 86, and it took me a bit to be come accustomed to the weight in corners. In my ideal world, the car would weigh 200 pounds less. I realize this would potentially raise the price significantly, however, and the car is very responsive when pushed. Bigger roll bars helped mask the heavy feeling as well.

Thank the gods for BimmerCode. ASD is irritating and needs to die.

Not an Android user, but think itā€™s silly it doesnā€™t support Android Auto(?).

I wish the brakes were just a little bit better. I suspect you tuned people can get the stock brakes pretty hot at the track. On the street theyā€™re fine. I do wish the pedal was a bit firmer. Iā€™m sure a pad upgrade would help, but it doesnā€™t bother me enough to spend $1k on pads when my originals still have lots of life.

I donā€™t have a HUD, but if I did Iā€™d be pissed that it doesnā€™t have a tach. It just seems pointless to me otherwise, but, seeing as the A91 doesnā€™t have itā€¦.
The single biggest thing that bothers me is the steering wheel. Aftermarket doesnā€™t fix it for me, because itā€™s the huge center that I donā€™t like. I wish it were more classic sports car like the M2Cā€™s. That said, I do like the shape and feel of the rim.

Toshi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Nitro Yellow
Rattles and vibrations coming from the interior, feel like my previous 2015 Ford Focus had no where near the level of what I'm dealing with : ( 60k car should not have this problem!

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Rattles and vibrations coming from the interior, feel like my previous 2015 Ford Focus had no where near the level of what I'm dealing with : ( 60k car should not have this problem!
Because I have two 12ā€ subwoofers in mine, I lined the inside of several panels with felt tape. Zero rattles despit Wu-Tangā€™s best efforts.

oh, the clown horn is a big miss by Toyota. I suspect a bit of sabotage by their German partners.

Toshi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Nitro Yellow
Because I have two 12ā€ subwoofers in mine, I lined the inside of several panels with felt tape. Zero rattles despit Wu-Tangā€™s best efforts.

oh, the clown horn is a big miss by Toyota. I suspect a bit of sabotage by their German partners.
Yea the road vibrations causing things to rattle is my problem. Biggest source is the driver door tweeter, I have to push on it for it to stop rattling. Also the door lock pins but I heard that's A BMW thing. I have the tools and materials to deaden everything but I'm scared to start pulling panels off.

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
Another one I learned recently was that rear passenger quarter visibility is basically non-existent if you're making a slight left onto another road. The angle's too wide for a blind spot monitor to kick in and you straight up can't see anything. It's basically turn blind or angle your car before coming to a stop to be able to see (basically get an angle so you can see out the passenger side window)
Have you tried this?
  • Most people adjust the side mirrors so they can see the side of the car, not realizing this creates big blind spots.
  • Instead, adjust the mirrors so that the side of the car is just out of view, decreasing the size of your blind spots.
  • For the driverā€™s side, lean toward the window, and the side of the car should come into view. Lean a little toward the center of the car, towards the rearview, to adjust the passenger-side mirror accordingly.
  • If the side view mirrors are set correctly, a car that passes you should move from the rear view mirror to the side mirrors, without disappearing in a blind spot.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Have you tried this?
  • Most people adjust the side mirrors so they can see the side of the car, not realizing this creates big blind spots.
  • Instead, adjust the mirrors so that the side of the car is just out of view, decreasing the size of your blind spots.
  • For the driverā€™s side, lean toward the window, and the side of the car should come into view. Lean a little toward the center of the car, towards the rearview, to adjust the passenger-side mirror accordingly.
  • If the side view mirrors are set correctly, a car that passes you should move from the rear view mirror to the side mirrors, without disappearing in a blind spot.
The convex European mirrors are also HUGELY helpful. I have them on my Supra and M240i. Can be bought as aftermarket (there is a seller here) or OEM off of various Euro BMWs. OEMs available on ebay (there is a seller that gets them off crash test cars) but prices are HIGHLY variable.

youā€™re right, however, about proper mirror setup. Thatā€™s a bit of a lost art.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Have you tried this?
Its not like a highway merge line, the angle is wider. Think of it like a 120 or so degree angle turn, farther than the mirrors go. But it lines up with the pillar in the back.
Sponsored

Last edited: