First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
wow
id like to see a log.
Sent it to Terry at burgers and he said it was good and that I was at the max potential of the JB4.??ā€ā™‚ Next Iā€™d have to do a BEF tune. Like with MHD. Donā€™t really know much about that yet. Still researching to understand what that means ?

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
92 octane (haven't found anything higher near me in WA). I get about 280-300 miles to the tank in sport + manual which includes city driving. Decided to cruise in auto for the boring highway stretches of my last spirited driving day and got about 350 miles to the tank. I wouldn't be surprised if this did 400+ to a tank on an economy run.

OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
92 octane (haven't found anything higher near me in WA). I get about 280-300 miles to the tank in sport + manual which includes city driving. Decided to cruise in auto for the boring highway stretches of my last spirited driving day and got about 350 miles to the tank. I wouldn't be surprised if this did 400+ to a tank on an economy run.
I do a lot of city driving and I hardly get 230-240 on a full tank. And I am in normal mode all the time. What am I doing wrong? I put in 91 and that's the highest I get around here in the bay area.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I do a lot of city driving and I hardly get 230-240 on a full tank. And I am in normal mode all the time. What am I doing wrong? I put in 91 and that's the highest I get around here in the bay area.
Hills I guess? Stop and go traffic also is pretty bad for fuel economy but even then I can get 20-22 MPG, so maybe that's the difference.

In sport + manual, I'm not constantly redlining it. I will go into 7th or 8th on the highway if I'm just cruising, and really only drop it into 5 or 6 if I'm going for an overtake. I do downshift early approaching lights for the crackles on the overrun -- that's my big reason for sport + manual.

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Its is painfully obvious that there is a lot of opinion here and not one person who has actually read the manual. the manual plainly states that the maximum RECOMMENDED fuel is 93 now most people cant get 93 they can only get 91 so ... and it also plainly says the minimum RECOMMENDED fuel is 89... so basically any fuel between 89 and 93 the car will run just fine on. Now like ANY car sure 93 will give ya bigger bang ... how much? basically not enough to feel anything. 10 or so HP. so is it worth the extra cost? well some people believe one gas is better then another and some people believe in chem trails also so... the car runs just fine on 89 and is a RECOMMENDED (toyota's words in manual since people like throwing around that recommended thing a lot) minimum fuel to use. your car will run just fine and wont explode or turn into stone or any of the stuff these 93 elites claim.

fun side note people love to claim Toyota recommends when it suits their argument but when it dose not, then Toyota are idiots that don't know anything. example toyota says use 93 it says so in manual.. yup they know they are smart... Toyota also says in manual they recommend 0w-20 oil.... Toyotas idiots they don't know anything. Oil consumption is normal... again toyotas idiots. but when the manual supports your pointless gas argument then toyota knows all.

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
wow
id like to see a log.
Just trying to learn...which part of his post made you say "wow?" The 5 gallons of E85? Or running the JB4 on Map 5?

I put 3 gallons of E85 in tonight and ran on Map 3 and finally saw improvement I was expecting.

Trapped just over 120 according to Dragy. On Map 1 with just 93 it trapped just over 117. With just the downpipe it was consistent 116.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Just trying to learn...which part of his post made you say "wow?" The 5 gallons of E85? Or running the JB4 on Map 5?

I put 3 gallons of E85 in tonight and ran on Map 3 and finally saw improvement I was expecting.

Trapped just over 120 according to Dragy. On Map 1 with just 93 it trapped just over 117. With just the downpipe it was consistent 116.

The 5 gals on map 5
No way he didnā€™t have trim and lean issues if doing pulls

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
The 5 gals on map 5
No way he didnā€™t have trim and lean issues if doing pulls
Gotcha. I'm on my first tank of 3 gallons E85 on Map 3...do you think that's reasonable?

What would be a good mix to try for map 5? Or do you not think map 5 is a good idea?
Sponsored