What is a 2020 Supra GR Premium with 1200 miles worth to TESLA?

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
$62,000? o_O How can they make money at that price?
Well... I can sort of see it depending on how scummy a dealership they are and how "creative" they are at their bookkeeping. At my closest Toyota dealership here - they are total fraudsters (which is why I had to drive to the other side of the valley to buy my MKV). I remember several years ago they had a '95 MR2 with 90K miles on it in the lobby. It was in good condition for it's age... but far from a show car, with sub-optimal options (it was a manual, but was the NA trim and had pretty bad wear on the inside).

They were asking $25K for it! At the time book was ~$6K retail. I was being bothered by the salesman since I was looking at it while getting an oil change on the 4Runner, and I've always wanted one, so I said "I'll give you $12K cash... that's already double retail" - and he laughed and said I had no idea what I was talking about. Don't know what they accepted eventually but it stayed in the lobby for about 4 years I think.

Same place had a Phantom Premium when I bought mine (Jan 2020) and they wouldn't even budge from their ~$80K ask ($25K market adjustment). So I drove 15 more miles and paid MSRP at their competition (of course, two months later I could have saved another $5K but whatever). Last time I was in there, they had a '20 4Runner with full TRD packages and options - with a sticker price of just over $100K... :crazy:

In any case, I think they tend to just write off anything in the lobby as a marketing expense or something and actively try not to sell them. So it's possible it's that kind of offer... but I'd still believe it only when the deal was done and there was documentation... otherwise I'll agree with @Axix23 and go with BS. ;)

Cainzor

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gti
My Tesla-driving told me I could get an online trade-in quote for my Supra GR, for a Tesla (not that I'd DO that, I'm not going from perfect body design to fugly! ..but I was curious). So I carefully filled out their online form.

He also said you get ONE shot, can't resubmit the same VIN, and there is no appeal.

What does Tesla think my showroom-new GR with just over 1200 miles is worth- just north of $18,000 !!!

My opinion of Tesla as a corporation went from very high, to just under Yugo.. The people I once considered genius are idiots.
I’ll give you 50k for it