What type of cloth (or brush?) are you using to clean the dashboard?

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
See title. I assumed everyone just used microfiber cloth for this, but the last time I tried it, it seems liked the "texture" on the dashboard would catch and I ended up with a lot of little tiny microfiber "hairs" all over it. I probably wasn't using top end cloth, but it wasn't bargain bin either.

Next time, I tried using a cheap shop rag (stupid idea, I know) which instead left red fuzz all over :doh:

Has anyone else had this issue?

For cleaner, I'm using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F4PB8IY/
Sponsored

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
See title. I assumed everyone just used microfiber cloth for this, but the last time I tried it, it seems liked the "texture" on the dashboard would catch and I ended up with a lot of little tiny microfiber "hairs" all over it. I probably wasn't using top end cloth, but it wasn't bargain bin either.

Next time, I tried using a cheap shop rag (stupid idea, I know) which instead left red fuzz all over :doh:

I never touch the top of the dash. I lightly dust it or vacuum it off. Never an issue overall

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
I use a microfiber with:

Screenshot_20211121-230458_Amazon Shopping.jpg

sojusoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 BB NSX, 2003 GPW S2000
I use microfiber and aerospace 303. None of that sticky residue. Just cleans it and UV protection. Never had any issues.
Likewise. Been using 303 and microfiber for my dash on all of my previous cars. No greasy or Shiney residue.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Aerospace 303 + microfiber all day.

OP
OP
nosavingthrow

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for all the replies - I'll give this another try with fresh microfiber towels, and otherwise just stick to using a swiffer if its only a bit dusty. I think the towels I used before may have been bad as it sounds like no one else has had the "shedding" issue.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Thanks for all the replies - I'll give this another try with fresh microfiber towels, and otherwise just stick to using a swiffer if its only a bit dusty. I think the towels I used before may have been bad as it sounds like no one else has had the "shedding" issue.
It's also possible that depending on the methods of care taken to clean your microfiber, it's just the cloth itself that's the problem. I've seen recommendations of not drying them in the dryer or with other types of towels so you don't compromise the fibers and/or get lint from poorer quality towels stuck in it. I hand wash and hang dry now for the microfiber that I want to keep fresh.

OP
OP
nosavingthrow

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's also possible that depending on the methods of care taken to clean your microfiber, it's just the cloth itself that's the problem. I've seen recommendations of not drying them in the dryer or with other types of towels so you don't compromise the fibers and/or get lint from poorer quality towels stuck in it. I hand wash and hang dry now for the microfiber that I want to keep fresh.
This is totally possible, as I hadn't learned about proper washing techniques for microfiber until recently. I've since bought new batches and always wash them separate on cold / air dry. I don't recall if I had the old or new towels since I had this issue.

hamajang

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Absolute Zero

If by fresh you're referring to a brand new microfiber, wash it first. Otherwise, you might end up back at square 1 with a lint issue.

yellowman

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 C.F edition 2021 jeep GC
try opening up both doors of the car take your air compressor hose with a blow fitting and use the compressed air to clean the whole interior. Only direct the air in one direction and it cleans everthing and leaves no mess on the glass and that stuff......And btw its fast and no rags to clean

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
try opening up both doors of the car take your air compressor hose with a blow fitting and use the compressed air to clean the whole interior. Only direct the air in one direction and it cleans everthing and leaves no mess on the glass and that stuff......And btw its fast and no rags to clean
~ My favorite detailing tool inside and out.

Perfect for blowing out the remaining water on the outside after washing… And perfect getting dust and debris from between the seats, console, etc. Produces warm filtered air, rubber flexible tip, easy to handle… perfection for $99.

034BAA96-B3A7-48ED-B3AB-31C7BD5D3BAD.jpeg

Link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Force-...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

I highly recommend the Griots detailing towels. These are the best interior/ exterior microfiber towels period.

I’ve used endless types of towels over the years and these are the best I’ve seen. They’re double sided, edgeless and don’t leave fuzzies or lint behind.

Just pair them with your favorite detailing spray and you’re set.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/pfm-edgeless-detailing-towels-set-of-3/

905CC6C3-6F4D-4C00-9D38-98575C0C2A68.jpeg

-RJM

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I second this, i compressed air blow my a/c vents, instrument cluster, headunit, HVAC controls and buttons near the gear lever. No need to use any brush, plus it removes dust from hard to reach areas. Don't recommend doing if your car is dustier than a barn find, you'll need safety glasses and an N95. Lol.
plus i'm not a believer in leather treatment or interior shining. I'll stick to my damp microfiber.
Sponsored