Which spoiler should I get?

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium
Here's what I'm getting frustrated with...these companies have our money already so this shit is not acceptable. If they said we take a deposit, and bill complete once shipped I'd feel better, but they're basically collecting interest and forward funding their business with delivery dates on products being TBD. I get that some of this is outside of their control, but collecting funds and communicating at a poor rate is on them...
I agree, if these companies, were just upfront and honest about delivery dates. it would be more palatable.
Sponsored

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Still waiting on heritage Spoiler from LG Motorsports Going on 75 days. when I ordered it from LG it was to be in hand mid July. I have been emailing them every two weeks. they late to respond as expected. does anyone actually make there own stuff anymore lol
Most every vendor out there is just a drop shipper nowadays. All they are is a storefront--no inventory. They just take orders, forward them to the manufacturer, and take their cut. The manufacturer mails the product directly to the customer. For the vendor, there's not that much to it except a website. And the manufacturer is often just sourcing the product from a factory in China...

For cosmetic stuff, I'm convinced that a large part of the time you can find the same item, at the same level of quality, on Aliexpress for half the price.

pittperson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Most every vendor out there is just a drop shipper nowadays. All they are is a storefront--no inventory. They just take orders, forward them to the manufacturer, and take their cut. The manufacturer mails the product directly to the customer. For the vendor, there's not that much to it except a website. And the manufacturer is often just sourcing the product from a factory in China...

For cosmetic stuff, I'm convinced that a large part of the time you can find the same item, at the same level of quality, on Aliexpress for half the price.
Not to take the topic off track (which is exactly what I'm doing). I agree with this. My ali-aimgain spoiler was $300 vs $1200.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The best spoiler is the one integrated in the current body design...All the others look like "aftermarket addons" IMO...

Reactions: Bob

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium

It just sucks when a company claims to be the designer and manufacture of a product and they are not (Misleading). They may have done the prototyping, that's about it.

Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 supra
Got the streethunter fibre glass wing. It was so far off my expert body guy had to take 24 hrs labour to build up the gaps and sand the high spots to make it fit. Looks great and it feels like it belongs. Too embarrased to tell you the total cost. It does block the rear view by about 20%. Right where the cruiser lights are flashing.

SupraJay

First Name
Jasson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra MKV
I'm surprised by how many people want the heritage and street hunter look. I prefer a more low key setup.

20210524_023134929_iOS.jpg

20210702_162119607_iOS (1).jpg
This is the setup I want. It’s the Aimgain right? I like that you opt out of having the ducktail on it. I saw somewhere that over 75MPH starts to shake though.

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Refraction 2021 Lexus UX250H
Here's what I'm getting frustrated with...these companies have our money already so this shit is not acceptable. If they said we take a deposit, and bill complete once shipped I'd feel better, but they're basically collecting interest and forward funding their business with delivery dates on products being TBD. I get that some of this is outside of their control, but collecting funds and communicating at a poor rate is on them...
This is the same issue I have. Deposit fine but full price for something you may not get for 5 months is really bad.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Not sure if this applies to the spoilers OP was considering, but I've seen some online threads on the trunk not staying open due to too much spoiler weight for some of the larger spoilers.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
This is the setup I want. It’s the Aimgain right? I like that you opt out of having the ducktail on it. I saw somewhere that over 75MPH starts to shake though.
This is the wing I have on my car..
I can confirm the wing ends shake after a certain speed...65ish or so...
Not a big deal as I know it more cosmic than functional...

Steve

Attachments

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge

The above is the way of the market now. Taking deposits only works if the company ever plans to hold that item in their inventory. The manufacturer wants full payment for the order and it gets passed down from there.

For those who don't like to wait, your only choice is to buy when in stock or buy used.

pittperson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
It is the aimgain style, but I bought it on alibaba for 1/4 of the price you'd pay if you bought it directly from aimgain.

I personally don't notice a shake at 75+ and that is sitting in the passenger seat focusing specifically on the spoiler. I will say that the way the spoiler is installed (4 bolts and washers, 2 on each side) is a bit chintzy considering the fact that the hatch itself is plastic. If it does shake at a higher speed, it would be because the hatch is not aluminum.

I have some aluminum flat bar that I plan on making a cross brace with. Just haven't gotten around to doing that.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
I agree, if these companies, were just upfront and honest about delivery dates. it would be more palatable.
I hear the fabrication times on these spoilers is pretty short. Plus, they’re biodegradable (albeit you have to watch for termites).
02A1A841-BEFB-4362-878A-CA2B031FDF3A.jpeg

SupraJay

First Name
Jasson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra MKV
It is the aimgain style, but I bought it on alibaba for 1/4 of the price you'd pay if you bought it directly from aimgain.

I personally don't notice a shake at 75+ and that is sitting in the passenger seat focusing specifically on the spoiler. I will say that the way the spoiler is installed (4 bolts and washers, 2 on each side) is a bit chintzy considering the fact that the hatch itself is plastic. If it does shake at a higher speed, it would be because the hatch is not aluminum.

I have some aluminum flat bar that I plan on making a cross brace with. Just haven't gotten around to doing that.
Would you mind sharing the link or which one in particular you bought. I’ve never really dealt with that website before.
Sponsored